ADVERTISEMENT

What about Coach K giving Amaker the shaft?

Kate Branson

Silver Buffalo
Dec 16, 2020
Read where he picked Scheyer to coach next so he could still have control over the program. Admitted that Scheyer will just be his puppet and didn't want Amaker to get the job. It said Duke was going to offer it to him, but Coach K said no. New York Post or whatever wrote it.

Good for Coach K not just riding off to the grave and letting them turn his program to shit. Amaker stunk at Michigan already. As long as Coach K stays in charge, even if it is with Scheyer being his puppet, they'll stay where they are. Amaker would run them into the ground.

If they would have let Bob Knight do this at Indiana, they would still be good. Ever since they fired him, nothing but shit.

I drove all the way to Chicago to watch that Amaker bunch in the B1G tournament many years back. What an awful team. Played Ohio State in the opening round and lost by as many as Ohio State felt like beating them by. That was one of those years when Ohio State had the big black guy playing center that looked like he was as old as Bill Russell.

Amaker went to Harvard and was able to consistently beat Dartmouth, Brown, and Columbia, so they made him out to be great then.

Has to be some racism here though, so Sharpton will probably have to chime in on it. Coach K has that look about him. Kind of looks like the guy that played in that movie with Dustin Hoffman. Dog Day Afternoon was the movie.

I read where Bobby Knight shunned him in 2015. Still pissed about losing to Coach K in 1992. That's the kind of coach you want. Pissed off about something that happened 23 years earlier. I do the same. There's still people that pissed me off in grade school that I shun 50 years later.

Only two people I have ever seen in my life who hated to lose, other than the one I see in the mirror.

Woody Hayes and Bob Knight. Those guys absolutely despised to ever lose anything. I hate losing so much, and since I've lost so many I've become permanently depressed and despondent, yet I still live anyway.

But hatred of losing. You won't find it anywhere else. Even Coach K, Saban, whoever else. They lose games these days. Sometimes they lose, and they just act like it's all right. Losing is never all right with me. I lose, but I hate every damn bit of it.

Lou Piniella hated to lose. Maybe he's a third one. Nobody in the game now though. All of them OK with losing. A big reason sports have lost a lot of luster with me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT