ADVERTISEMENT

What Changes - If Any . . .

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
Will Doc make in his staff? Or will he stay the course with the current assistants? Wonder what his "assessment" of his staff and players was?

Not holding my breath for anything to really take place , the main problem appears not to see a problem regarding the guy with the problem who will be allowed to continue the problem. In other words everyone is back next year , not sure how but considering this is Marshall the prudent moves will not be made , have to let the program totally collapse and then something will be done with the afterthought of maybe we should have done something sooner.

Well MARSHALL77 I hope you are wrong. However I believe you may be right. How in the world we got into this position really defies logic.

It's simple:

Mirabel
Legg
Whoever the jerk off strength coach is (more injuries, slower players)

Doc reported that Chase had a bad wing (shoulder) and his injury was the reason he did not play against WKU. HOWEVER, I have never known a player to not be on the sidline when healing from injury that did not require a hospital stay?

Why Chase continues to be protected is a mystery to many of us. Time to move on without him.

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Reactions: Marshallgirl15
Other than not being to get or retain the proper players, it is not really a coaching problem. The same coaches were in place for the last three years that everybody is so proud of. I'm not a fan of Doc as a head coach and wouldn't care one way or the other if he goes, but until you can recruit and retain a higher level of talent, it will not get any better. The league has just gone down so low, that less than 8-9 wins per season is not a successful season. If winning 10 or more games is the only thing that matters, then go back to a smaller conference and just dominate.

The talk last year and into this year was that Marshall was too good for this conference and needed to get out as soon as possible, almost demanding that the AAC let them in. Well what a difference a year makes.

Doc reported that Chase had a bad wing (shoulder) and his injury was the reason he did not play against WKU. HOWEVER, I have never known a player to not be on the sidline when healing from injury that did not require a hospital stay?

Why Chase continues to be protected is a mystery to many of us. Time to move on without him.

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Doc is Afraid that if he cuts chase others will quit. Heard that from a mouth of someone who works inside the athletic department. If that's the case then let them go! They aren't the people needed on this team.

It's simple:

Mirabel
Legg
Whoever the jerk off strength coach is (more injuries, slower players)
The type of injuries we had weren't the type you get from not being fit. I wouldn't say slower, I would just say we were inexperienced and had a lot of young players thinking too much while trying to play.

I could see Legg, Mirabal, and Pearson based on the performance of their units, and I doubt Doc would get rid of Goebbel, since he is the Recruiting Coordinator/WR Coach but you never know. Hell, the whole offensive staff could be let go based on the units performance in 2016. As for the defensive coaches, we only have 4, and they may get a pass, since the defense was supposed to be mediocre at best this year to begin with after losing 9 starters and 15 of 22 from the 2015 2-deep.

Other than not being to get or retain the proper players, it is not really a coaching problem. The same coaches were in place for the last three years that everybody is so proud of. I'm not a fan of Doc as a head coach and wouldn't care one way or the other if he goes, but until you can recruit and retain a higher level of talent, it will not get any better. The league has just gone down so low, that less than 8-9 wins per season is not a successful season. If winning 10 or more games is the only thing that matters, then go back to a smaller conference and just dominate.

The talk last year and into this year was that Marshall was too good for this conference and needed to get out as soon as possible, almost demanding that the AAC let them in. Well what a difference a year makes.

The defensive staff was here in 2014, but we have had a lot of turnover on the offensive staff while losing quality young coaches. The RB Coach position has been a revolving door since Seider took off for WVU.

We lose coaches just about every year at Marshall for one reason or another. This off season will be no different. We just don't know for sure at this time which one(s) will be gone. Either way, I wish each of them the best in their new job(s).

Reactions: HerditAllBefore
Doc is Afraid that if he cuts chase others will quit. Heard that from a mouth of someone who works inside the athletic department. If that's the case then let them go! They aren't the people needed on this team.
Like who? From what I have heard, most of the team dislike Litton because of the crap he pulls and his "MeMe" attitude.

Like who? From what I have heard, most of the team dislike Litton because of the crap he pulls and his "MeMe" attitude.
That's what I'm questioning as well. I know he has a few friends on the team that are just like him but that's very few. Personally he'd be off my team a few games back after the stunts he's pulling especially after this past week.

No major changes will be made. "This team is young", "This team was injured", "This team was (insert any other pathetic excuse you can come up with to not hold anyone really accountable)"

Right now I am much more concerned with the overall team leadership, and the lack of "playing till the whistle blows" attitude. There were a few players that busted their collective rears, but by and large the in game hustle and sideline behavior reminded me of the days when we would have a substitute teacher. Top to bottom this team mailed it in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT