ADVERTISEMENT

Where should our resources and money be going?

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
I did not write these words, but a former Special Ops guy did on social media. A well respected special ops guy from a high level unit(Not not Seals) a unit from the Army that nobody talks about their name real often. He spent a good part of his adult life figthing bad guys and kicking doors.

He has some good points you know.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
As we are more concerned with foreign wars…

On our border yesterday 4 Americans were kidnapped 12 mins from Brownsville, TX.

85,000 Mexicans have been killed over last 15 years.

110,000 Americans killed in drug overdoses last year.

What does Terrorist designation mean?

Authorities. Budget/Resource allocation.

Where our TAX payer dollars should be going.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He also wrote the USG(US govt) will designate its own citizens extremist and domestic terrorists. Yet wont' designate drug cartels that have cost 85k lives in a drug war across the border, kidnaps, and murders Americans, and is responsible for the drug epedemic killing 100k+ here a year.

thanks man. I was starting to get concerned that we had a border problem. that's a relief that we don't and it's all propaganda.
Must not be that bad if they’re having to bring up stuff that happened in Mexico as part of our border problem. Or maybe they’re just bad at arguing.

Must not be that bad if they’re having to bring up stuff that happened in Mexico as part of our border problem. Or maybe they’re just bad at arguing.
Yoy.dont care that 85k Mexicans have been killed? Guess what that is coming here as thr cartels get mor emboldened. Yes, it is coming. They will start running American towns and cities. A real drug war is coming here.

Yoy.dont care that 85k Mexicans have been killed? Guess what that is coming here as thr cartels get mor emboldened. Yes, it is coming. They will start running American towns and cities. A real drug war is coming here.
They don’t care about Mexicans dying in Mexico. Only getting them here for votes

Yeah that sucks. That’s about 5600 a year since they used a 15 year period for that stat. We have about 4.5x as many homicides a year with (spitballing) 2.5x the population.

The stat given gives no context as to if it’s being specific about some aspect of the 85,000.

Yeah that sucks. That’s about 5600 a year since they used a 15 year period for that stat. We have about 4.5x as many homicides a year with (spitballing) 2.5x the population.

The stat given gives no context as to if it’s being specific about some aspect of the 85,000.
Minimizing the issues at southern border as make it seem like not a problem^

Reactions: KyMUfan
It’s at best a dumb and at worse intentionally misleading set of facts. Why look at Mexican deaths over 15 years then US overdoses over one year? What did those 85,000 Mexicans die from? If that’s really all of their homicides then you’re a lot safer in Mexico than the US (which leads me to think it’s not all homicides so then what is it?) Why talk about a kidnapping that happened in Mexico as if it’s a border problem?

It’s at best a dumb and at worse intentionally misleading set of facts. Why look at Mexican deaths over 15 years then US overdoses over one year? What did those 85,000 Mexicans die from? If that’s really all of their homicides then you’re a lot safer in Mexico than the US (which leads me to think it’s not all homicides so then what is it?) Why talk about a kidnapping that happened in Mexico as if it’s a border problem?
I’m just screwing with you… I think it’s about regions as much as anything. Obviously you’d be much safer in Anytown WV from violence then in south chicago, New Orleans or DC. Same goes for Mexico. If you go to a place like Puebla versus a place like Juarez in Mexico. Anytown in the Us along the border and any town in Mexico on the border obviously much higher risk then in central Mexico or most of the tourist areas.

The violence in Mexico is coming here

If there have really only been 85,000 homicides in Mexico in the last 15 years then they should be more worried about us going there than vice versa.
Just wait, if we don't do something the cartels are going to be in our metro areas in a big way, with backing from the Chinese Communist govt. It is a growing and level of major national security issue.

Hokies is clearly a racist and has no concerns for Mexicans

Reactions: GeauxHerd
If there have really only been 85,000 homicides in Mexico in the last 15 years then they should be more worried about us going there than vice versa.

🥱🥱🥱

NLT-Staw_man.jpg

"There were 30,968 homicides in 2022, according to data presented by Security Minister Rosa Icela Rodríguez at the president’s regular press conference on Tuesday."

"The figure is 7.1% lower than the 33,350 homicides in 2021 and 10.8% lower than the record high of 34,718 in 2019. However, homicides remain at historically high levels, with a steady level of over 30,000 each year since 2018."

Reactions: ThunderCat98
🥱🥱🥱

NLT-Staw_man.jpg

"There were 30,968 homicides in 2022, according to data presented by Security Minister Rosa Icela Rodríguez at the president’s regular press conference on Tuesday."

"The figure is 7.1% lower than the 33,350 homicides in 2021 and 10.8% lower than the record high of 34,718 in 2019. However, homicides remain at historically high levels, with a steady level of over 30,000 each year since 2018."
Yeah that’s what I figured, which means I have no idea what Herdman’s post is talking about

Yeah that’s what I figured, which means I have no idea what Herdman’s post is talking about

Not surprising...

If you thought for a change instead of deflecting away from critical issues you might realize the topic was US-Mexico border violence. The numbers you minimized and glossed over as being insignificant aren't the number of murders in Mexico as a whole, but rather those along the border.

From fbi.gov

"Perkins: The thing that's most concerning to me is really the out-of-control violence that is on the Mexican side of the border that we're seeing … And it's not just 7,000 murders, it's the brutal violence, it's torture, it's the complete and utter disregard for human life all based upon the greed and the wealth that's coming from drug trafficking."

Why talk about a kidnapping that happened in Mexico as if it’s a border problem?

Really???

On our border yesterday 4 Americans were kidnapped 12 mins from Brownsville, TX.

Again reference fbi.gov

"Perkins: The thing that's most concerning to me is really the out-of-control violence that is on the Mexican side of the border that we're seeing..."

cmon. pretty self explanatory. We have a border problem and problem with our neighbor(s) to the south. Killing people and killing our youth while we are fixated on a war in Eastern Europe.

word is the cartels kindnapped these Americans.

IT is time to send in the pipe hitters to pay some of these cartels a visit. If you don't know what that means look it up.

That would take BIden having balls.

word is the cartels kindnapped these Americans.
Word is they thought they were Jamaican drug dealers.

You might get what you want.

https://thehill.com/policy/internat...stage-for-us-to-use-military-force-in-mexico/

It's as bad an idea as it was when you all were down in Central and South America...fighting drugs has always been a pretext for some sort of regime change, and chaos always followed...only now the chaos will be right next door. Maybe it would be different it weren't just a pretext.

ord is they thought they were Jamaican drug dealers.

You might get what you want.

https://thehill.com/policy/internat...stage-for-us-to-use-military-force-in-mexico/

It's as bad an idea as it was when you all were down in Central and South America...fighting drugs has always been a pretext for some sort of regime change, and chaos always followed...only now the chaos will be right next door. Maybe it would be different it weren't just a pretext.
The issue now is the Chinese and cartels are teaming up and this new drug stuff is very dangerous. Far deadlier and the cartels have MUCH more money now. They are basically taking over Mexico and the govt there.

Not sure what we should do exactly. But, I am all for starting to **** with them. Like our three letter agencies and some groups that exist but people don't really talk about screwing with them. How do you like your house being on fire now? Sorry about your mercedes. WHoops there went your vacation resort or warehouse full of money.

But, we have to do something. This is very bad. Not sure I am all for what Graham is talking about. He is kind o like that sometimes. Military is not always the answer. But, I am growing on the side of it might be time to so something.

But, I am all for starting to **** with them. Like our three letter agencies and some groups that exist but people don't really talk about screwing with them.
In theory I am OK with that. I just don't want a civil war on our border. I largely do not trust our government on this. What might be fine and dandy thousands of miles away is not good on our border.

In theory I am OK with that. I just don't want a civil war on our border. I largely do not trust our government on this. What might be fine and dandy thousands of miles away is not good on our border.
We already have a narco state on our border. Hell, we invaded Panama over some of this same kind of stuff. Did some stuff in Columbia. Used to entice the commies and thugs from El Salvador to run into Honduras where they would meet an anmbush. Damn, how did that ambush happen to be there.

We just need to do something. I think the Chinkos are in there as well stirring it up.

We already have a narco state on our border. Hell, we invaded Panama over some of this same kind of stuff. Did some stuff in Columbia. Used to entice the commies and thugs from El Salvador to run into Honduras where they would meet an anmbush. Damn, how did that ambush happen to be there.

We just need to do something. I think the Chinkos are in there as well stirring it up.
These are all great examples to prove my point of a situation that we do not want on our border. Narco state is bad enough, chaotic civil war would be worse; you think migrants are over-running us now, it would be much worse. Gotta be really careful and not mission creep or let the assholes in Washington decide to pick who they want running Mexico.

These are all great examples to prove my point of a situation that we do not want on our border. Narco state is bad enough, chaotic civil war would be worse; you think migrants are over-running us now, it would be much worse. Gotta be really careful and not mission creep or let the assholes in Washington decide to pick who they want running Mexico.
Cartels are making big money just on the human trafficking. Tighten the border up and you squeeze their revenue there.

These news drugs from China are extremely dangerous. Not just some coke people sniff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT