ADVERTISEMENT

Which will happen first….

You have to be a big time school (ex Clemson), where they’ve had an IPTAY club
(I pay ten a year) to get the average fan to contribute beyond the tickets they buy & concessions etc.
- IPTAY was started in 1934. $10 in 1934 is about $250 today. And, South Carolina was among the poorest states in the union at that time.
- The IPTAY donation level at Clemson is $3500. The bottom level is "Paw" and is $60. Very similar to Marshall.
- Clemson says that it has 22,040 total athletic donors. It says it raised $41.8M last year. Do the math. Average donor is giving just under $1900/year.
- Clemson is one of the best engineering and science schools in the country. Its alumni are loaded.

The idea that Clemson is some kind of model where little poor widows who mail in $10 to help pay Dabo's salary is just not correct.

- IPTAY was started in 1934. $10 in 1934 is about $250 today. And, South Carolina was among the poorest states in the union at that time.
- The IPTAY donation level at Clemson is $3500. The bottom level is "Paw" and is $60. Very similar to Marshall.
- Clemson says that it has 22,040 total athletic donors. It says it raised $41.8M last year. Do the math. Average donor is giving just under $1900/year.
- Clemson is one of the best engineering and science schools in the country. Its alumni are loaded.

The idea that Clemson is some kind of model where little poor widows who mail in $10 to help pay Dabo's salary is just not correct.
The "idea" is that Marshall needs to improve their planning/coordination of obtaining the donations. No one is suggesting "be like Clemson" exactly. Additionally, you dont have to be a "loaded" alumni to donate $1900 a year. It's really a paltry # when you actually think about it. Especially for someone that's been out of college for a while and established their careers and income.
Do you have any ideas or suggestions on expanding the giving and involvement of Marshall's alumni/BG members?

20+ Years ago while still living in WV I and some others attempted to work with the Alumni office to build a stronger organization of Alumni across the region. Our plan was to start closer to home and then model it through Charlotte, Atl, and into Florida where a larger number of Alumni live. We believed at that time communication was poor, events were thrown together (if there ever were any). Very little was planned or communicated. There was no strategic plan at executing anything by anyone at Marshall. The offices were understaffed and lacked quality leadership.

Additionally, the Big Green and Alumni Assoc seemed to actively work against each other. Granted their goals were/are somewhat different, but it was an absolute shitshow top to bottom at that time. It was our belief due to the size of Marshall, and the limited resources and staff these organizations possessed, the best strategic move should have been combining their efforts, working together to develop alumni lists, member targets, coordinated communications and events. We believed this would have worked more effectively in meeting their overall goals of raising money and involvement by their members. IT WENT NOWHERE. The only thing that seemed to matter to anyone at these groups was "who was going to get credit, control and the money".

The alumni group wanted our money, but little to no other input. The BG at that time wanted nothing to do with the Alumni Assoc. After a few months of trying to work with these people, we quit trying. "volunteering" shouldn't be as painful as pulling teeth. It was just easier to send an annual gift and let the rubes at Marshall fight over it.

It was my feeling then, and probably would be now if I really wanted to get involved, most of these bureaucrats prefer the status quo. They want money with no other involvement by their members. They celebrate a day of raising 50K but could have achieved a much higher number with a little more planning, organization, and member/alumni involvement.

Wow, I didn't know that.

That's very interesting and frustrating at the same time.

Reactions: MUMAN3419
Do you have any ideas or suggestions on expanding the giving and involvement of Marshall's alumni/BG members?
Since you asked, and, for once, didn't either name call or use emojis in place of words, yes I do.

- MU giving was damaged by Satan's Vile Servant, KO Marcum. He lied to my face, and more importantly to BP's face, about the IPF. A lot of people are once burned-twice shy still to this day. We need to come clean about the lies of KO Marcum and assure givers today that it will never happen again. The revisionist story about "mops for props" and other such nonsense needs to end. BP's tenure was ended due to the dishonesty of KO Marcum, and the incompetence of his compliance director, who testified under oath that he had never actually read the NCAA rules. BP should have a statue in front of the IPF.

- Fire Charles Huff. Announcing that what he did was "unacceptable" and then accepting it is just so much ho-ha. Its unacceptable, so he has to go. Get someone in here who can do the job.

- Fire Danny D'Antoni. He is a nice guy. He loves Marshall. He is a career HS coach and is 76 years old. Demand better.

- MU is, by far, the best college in WV. By far. Smart kids know that. We have alumni in every county. We need to exploit that. (As a side note, as WV closes colleges over the next 20-30 years, and we will, integrating the remnants into MU and making alumni of the soon forgotten institutions feel like they are a part of the Marshall family, is important as well).

- The rotten economy, over 80 years, in WV give MU, almost uniquely, an advantage. A lot of people did what the girl at the end of We Are Marshall, or Danny D'Antoni in real life, did. Graduate and GTFO of WV. That means we have a big footprint of alumni of a certain age across the midwest, and another of a younger age across the south, and of both age groups in the Swamp (DC metro). Most schools, particularly those with our mission, have alumni that all just went back home and went to work. Engage those people. Every appearance by a MU team should be a big deal in that town. MU should have events all over the region.

- The Huntington attitude. Arch Moore said that if he gave $20 bills out on a street corner in Huntington, people would complain about which street. A lot of "townie" kids treat MU as the 13th-16 grade. Not acceptable. These are the kids who you see in the WVU crap. Not acceptable. And, a lot of people past college age think of MU, both athletics and generally, as just something some undefined "they" are supposed to fund. Some combination of the state, unnamed rich people, and big companies. Doesn't work that way. You should be proud of your MU credentials. Very proud. And proud to give back.

- Understand that, like it or not, WVU is the enemy. If a green and white rock landed on 5th avenue with a note from space that if the state of WV would spend $3 to research it, cancer would be cured, but if it ever left Cabell County, life on earth would end, WVU would dispatch a squad of state troopers to move it to the billion dollar research lab the taxpayers built in the hole for it. Never trust anyone associated with WVU on any subject. Never cooperate, never talk, never shake hands. They are out to f*** you.

- LOVE your conference. I have seen this three times in my life time. I am certain I will see it again. Most recently, somehow, everyone decided that CUSA was somehow beneath us. We were just "supposed" to beat those schools. It was no accomplishment. If you can find no pleasure in beating your conference mates, then this isn't for you. Contrast this to WVU, which, over that same period, have been in rando cast off conference after rando cast off conference. Yet its (I will grant you, mostly not-alumni, of anywhere) fan base thinks beating random schools the Power Three didn't want is an accomplishment, just as in the past it thought the same about Rutgers or Temple, or St. Bonaventure, or Louisville, or so on. When CH is gone, and if CS is competent enough to hire a good coach, and we start to win again, the first time "well, its just South Alabama" or "well, Georgia State sucks" or such like enters your mind, poke yourself in the eye with a sharp object.

- Remember where we came from. No, not the plane crash and all of that. In academics, this was a small, underfunded, and often openly attacked (by WVU and sometimes even WVS "U" ) teacher's college. It has risen to R2 level. Granting serious degrees in serious subjects, and SERVING THE STATE (something WVU does not do). Be proud of that. Very proud. There is no reason MU isn't just like Glenville or Concord, except for people in Huntington and among its alumni DEMANDING BETTER. And, in athletics, we were a laughing stock loser program that played in a rathole stadium. We are in a dying and dysfunctional state. We are NOT THAT BIG (check our enrollment against most I-A public colleges). We are not named for a state or a city. Yet here we are. Why? Because of demanding better.

That is why I am so hard on CS. Texas being Texas is automatic. Penn State being Penn State is automatic. Marshall being what it is, is NOT AUTOMATIC. No reason we aren't Concord, or Morehead State, or Northern Alabama. Except DEMANDING BETTER. And CS is not demanding better.

Since you asked, and, for once, didn't either name call or use emojis in place of words, yes I do.

- MU giving was damaged by Satan's Vile Servant, KO Marcum. He lied to my face, and more importantly to BP's face, about the IPF. A lot of people are once burned-twice shy still to this day. We need to come clean about the lies of KO Marcum and assure givers today that it will never happen again. The revisionist story about "mops for props" and other such nonsense needs to end. BP's tenure was ended due to the dishonesty of KO Marcum, and the incompetence of his compliance director, who testified under oath that he had never actually read the NCAA rules. BP should have a statue in front of the IPF.

- Fire Charles Huff. Announcing that what he did was "unacceptable" and then accepting it is just so much ho-ha. Its unacceptable, so he has to go. Get someone in here who can do the job.

- Fire Danny D'Antoni. He is a nice guy. He loves Marshall. He is a career HS coach and is 76 years old. Demand better.

- MU is, by far, the best college in WV. By far. Smart kids know that. We have alumni in every county. We need to exploit that. (As a side note, as WV closes colleges over the next 20-30 years, and we will, integrating the remnants into MU and making alumni of the soon forgotten institutions feel like they are a part of the Marshall family, is important as well).

- The rotten economy, over 80 years, in WV give MU, almost uniquely, an advantage. A lot of people did what the girl at the end of We Are Marshall, or Danny D'Antoni in real life, did. Graduate and GTFO of WV. That means we have a big footprint of alumni of a certain age across the midwest, and another of a younger age across the south, and of both age groups in the Swamp (DC metro). Most schools, particularly those with our mission, have alumni that all just went back home and went to work. Engage those people. Every appearance by a MU team should be a big deal in that town. MU should have events all over the region.

- The Huntington attitude. Arch Moore said that if he gave $20 bills out on a street corner in Huntington, people would complain about which street. A lot of "townie" kids treat MU as the 13th-16 grade. Not acceptable. These are the kids who you see in the WVU crap. Not acceptable. And, a lot of people past college age think of MU, both athletics and generally, as just something some undefined "they" are supposed to fund. Some combination of the state, unnamed rich people, and big companies. Doesn't work that way. You should be proud of your MU credentials. Very proud. And proud to give back.

- Understand that, like it or not, WVU is the enemy. If a green and white rock landed on 5th avenue with a note from space that if the state of WV would spend $3 to research it, cancer would be cured, but if it ever left Cabell County, life on earth would end, WVU would dispatch a squad of state troopers to move it to the billion dollar research lab the taxpayers built in the hole for it. Never trust anyone associated with WVU on any subject. Never cooperate, never talk, never shake hands. They are out to f*** you.

- LOVE your conference. I have seen this three times in my life time. I am certain I will see it again. Most recently, somehow, everyone decided that CUSA was somehow beneath us. We were just "supposed" to beat those schools. It was no accomplishment. If you can find no pleasure in beating your conference mates, then this isn't for you. Contrast this to WVU, which, over that same period, have been in rando cast off conference after rando cast off conference. Yet its (I will grant you, mostly not-alumni, of anywhere) fan base thinks beating random schools the Power Three didn't want is an accomplishment, just as in the past it thought the same about Rutgers or Temple, or St. Bonaventure, or Louisville, or so on. When CH is gone, and if CS is competent enough to hire a good coach, and we start to win again, the first time "well, its just South Alabama" or "well, Georgia State sucks" or such like enters your mind, poke yourself in the eye with a sharp object.

- Remember where we came from. No, not the plane crash and all of that. In academics, this was a small, underfunded, and often openly attacked (by WVU and sometimes even WVS "U" ) teacher's college. It has risen to R2 level. Granting serious degrees in serious subjects, and SERVING THE STATE (something WVU does not do). Be proud of that. Very proud. There is no reason MU isn't just like Glenville or Concord, except for people in Huntington and among its alumni DEMANDING BETTER. And, in athletics, we were a laughing stock loser program that played in a rathole stadium. We are in a dying and dysfunctional state. We are NOT THAT BIG (check our enrollment against most I-A public colleges). We are not named for a state or a city. Yet here we are. Why? Because of demanding better.

That is why I am so hard on CS. Texas being Texas is automatic. Penn State being Penn State is automatic. Marshall being what it is, is NOT AUTOMATIC. No reason we aren't Concord, or Morehead State, or Northern Alabama. Except DEMANDING BETTER. And CS is not demanding better.
Yes. This is the response I fully expected. Not seeing any real ideas with coherent thought here. Simply rambling nonsense. A rant of an old bitter person who lives way too far in the past and little expectation or real effort to establish a better future. I hope the nursing home treats you well. Marshall isn't (and probably never was) for you.

The "idea" is that Marshall needs to improve their planning/coordination of obtaining the donations. No one is suggesting "be like Clemson" exactly. Additionally, you dont have to be a "loaded" alumni to donate $1900 a year. It's really a paltry # when you actually think about it. Especially for someone that's been out of college for a while and established their careers and income.

The crap thing with MU, is they have to be creative in how they do this.
Huntington isn't afforded the luxuries of a real city or state with competent leadership.
So basically, it's tough to follow any traditional models from schools in big cities.
I think that's what MU does actually.

I think offering students the chance to become a BG member as part of their tuition would be an option.
Start small, obviously, but hammer home the perks of membership.
Offer them out to students who aren't enrolled but still cheer for MU.
Have a suite at the stadium reserved specifically for student BG members, with a random drawing each week for a BG member +1 guest to enjoy that week's home game, a reserved tailgate spot, and other stuff.
I liked the idea for charities that you could round up your change with fast food restaurants...same could be done locally for MU. Maybe scan your receipt through an app that keeps a record of your change donations, and at the end of the year, tallies them for you as a tax write off or something.

To make money, you gotta spend some, so I'd pay a high school $1,000.00 to provide a list of all students with a certain GPA, and mail them a letter inquiring about their career interests and future goals with a prepaid envelope to return.

MU would then send them more info about what specifics they said they wanted in their lives and condition them to want to choose Marshall with the perks.
Same can be done through e-mail as well.

To those who didn't respond, keep them hooked and send them all sorts of stuff.

Student population is important but student retention is more important. I read it costs less to retain a student in college than it is to recruit them.

I'd also overhaul the duties of the BG in general...maybe even have the Bobs interview them with, "What would ya say...ya do here?"

It seems to me that nobody really knows that and positions are just titles as opposed to actually doing anything.

One thing about Brad Smith is, he'd likely be able to research the demographics of MUnand the region and work toward catering to the deficiencies and strengths of the area to maximize productivity.
MUnhas a great business and marketing program, should use that to our advantage.

Yes. This is the response I fully expected. Not seeing any real ideas with coherent thought here. Simply rambling nonsense. A rant of an old bitter person who lives way too far in the past and little expectation or real effort to establish a better future. I hope the nursing home treats you well. Marshall isn't (and probably never was) for you.

You're right. It presented exactly ZERO beneficial information.

That is the raleighherdfan I know. No points. No takes. No ideas, other than some butthurt over not being asskissed 20 years ago.

So he reverts to namecalling.

Sad really.

That is the raleighherdfan I know. No points. No takes. No ideas, other than some butthurt over not being asskissed 20 years ago.

So he reverts to namecalling.

Sad really.
Poor attempt. What "name" did I call you exactly?

The only thing "sad" is your constant tripe about "firing" coaches and Marcum. Marcum's been gone a long time. Move on. Firing coaches has NOTHING to do with improving alumni donations and overall involvement in their alma mater through Alumni Assoc or BG. Try harder.

Satan's Vile Servant, KO Marcum. He lied to my face,---Sammy

Please tell us again who is being butthurt over not being ass kissed decades ago.....

You called me "old". That is name calling. If you had paid attention in debate class you would have known that.

As to Marcum, the damage this liar did still, to this day, harms our fundraising, as donors were flat lied to, and, to this day, both the school and apologists like yourself still spew the "mops for props" L I E , rather than simply state that Marcum lies, ran off the best coach we ever had, and destroyed the program. Marcum should be in jail to this day.

WINNING has everything to do with alumni donations, on the sports side, and, sad to say, on the academic side. WINNING.

WINNING.

And you win by getting rid of losers and replacing them with winners. CH and DD are losers. Replace them.

WINNING.

But you accept mediocrity.

You called me "old". That is name calling. If you had paid attention in debate class you would have known that.

As to Marcum, the damage this liar did still, to this day, harms our fundraising, as donors were flat lied to, and, to this day, both the school and apologists like yourself still spew the "mops for props" L I E , rather than simply state that Marcum lies, ran off the best coach we ever had, and destroyed the program. Marcum should be in jail to this day.

WINNING has everything to do with alumni donations, on the sports side, and, sad to say, on the academic side. WINNING.

WINNING.

And you win by getting rid of losers and replacing them with winners. CH and DD are losers. Replace them.

WINNING.

But you accept mediocrity.
Sam, you sit on your throne making these edicts. Thank goodness your kingdom is very small! You are older than me, and I just turned I-64! I assume Sluggo72’s “handle” indicates he graduated in 1972, so he’s in his mid to late 70’s. We are perfect examples of an aging fan base that desperately needs to expand its base to skew younger. Calling someone “old”, while aiming to be negative, is still accurate, depending on the age of the accuser!

Reactions: raleighherdfan

As to Marcum, the damage this liar did still, to this day, harms our fundraising, as donors were flat lied to, and, to this day, both the school and apologists like yourself still spew the "mops for props" L I E , rather than simply state that Marcum lies, ran off the best coach we ever had, and destroyed the program. Marcum should be in jail to this day
So, you're not "old"?? Are you a just graduated 20 something? 30? 40? 50? 60++???? Old isn't a "name". It's an "adjective". If you paid attention during English class you would have known that. The "butthurt" is real with you.

What's the lie about "mops for props"? That was indeed going on. I knew personally, friends with "players" during the Donnan era that had higher paid jobs that performed NOTHING while they sat out waiting on their eligibility. Marshall also chose to bring in "players" that did not qualify and put them in the HELP program to get them qualified. This isn't a lie. It actually happened.

Of course, winning has everything to do with donations. It's why I've suggested individuals withholding donations from the program are short sighted in their decision and makes the job of winning that much more difficult when considering the size and scope of Marshall.

Try harder.

So, you're not "old"?? Are you a just graduated 20 something? 30? 40? 50? 60++???? Old isn't a "name". It's an "adjective". If you paid attention during English class you would have known that. The "butthurt" is real with you.

What's the lie about "mops for props"? That was indeed going on. I knew personally, friends with "players" during the Donnan era that had higher paid jobs that performed NOTHING while they sat out waiting on their eligibility. Marshall also chose to bring in "players" that did not qualify and put them in the HELP program to get them qualified. This isn't a lie. It actually happened.

Of course, winning has everything to do with donations. It's why I've suggested individuals withholding donations from the program are short sighted in their decision and makes the job of winning that much more difficult when considering the size and scope of Marshall.

Try harder.

Exactly. Idiots who withhold donations, are the very reason the program struggles.
MU however, can't afford to tell them to piss off, because they don't have many donors to begin with.

So, you're not "old"??
You didn't take debate did you?

d ho·mi·nem
[ˌad ˈhämənəm]

ADJECTIVE
(of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining:

A person's age, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, etc. is IRRELEVANT in an argument.

You bring up age, and in the past have called me a "girl" and used the child version of my screen name, for one reason.

YOU CAN'T ARGUE THE FACTS. Because I am right, and you are wrong. That simple.

What's the lie about "mops for props"?
It never happened. The facts are that KO Marcum ran off BP by lying to him about the IPF and about assistant coaches salaries. That is what really happened.

As to the "mops for props" deal, MARCUM'S incompetent compliance director, who later testified under oath that he had NEVER READ the compliance manual, was the culprit. BP has NOTHING to do with it at all.
And winning involves firing CH.

This is a bad football team.

Fire Charles Huff.

It never happened. The facts are that KO Marcum ran off BP by lying to him about the IPF and about assistant coaches salaries. That is what really happened.

As to the "mops for props" deal, MARCUM'S incompetent compliance director, who later testified under oath that he had NEVER READ the compliance manual, was the culprit. BP has NOTHING to do with it at all.
The mops for props started under Donnan. Yes it happened. Yes you are wrong.
A person's age, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, etc. is IRRELEVANT in an argument.
No it's not. Especially when you bring up the past that had absolutely nothing to do with the topic being discussed. Go cry some more about being old. It happens to all us.

I'm not going to argue basic LAWS of speech and debate with someone who obviously never attended college.

I'm not going to argue basic LAWS of speech and debate with someone who obviously never attended college.
Unfortunately, you lost the "debate" the minute you started crying about the meaning of "old". Which apparently you are.

Yes. LOL. I graduated from college. Try harder Sammy.

Since 1990 ONE program has won the College World Series from a cold weather state. Oregon State. Where the average March temperature is 56 degrees.
Since 2006, cold weather teams have won it three times. Your use of one "program" is hiding reality. If Oregon State had won the World Series every single year, you could still say "only one cold weather program has won the championship in the last 20 years." Technically, you'd be correct, but logically, you'd fail.

Let me play your game: Over the last 25 years, only one cold weather program has won the FBS national championship. I guess football teams from cold weather states have no chance.

Your argument is that Marshall doesn't have a chance due to its weather. What you fail to acknowledge is that many programs that have recently won the World Series are schools that have similar weather or colder to Huntington: Oregon State x 3, UVA, Vanderbilt x 2, Oklahoma.

All the rest are from the South, southwest, Arizona or California.
Fake news. Oklahoma is not the "south."

Reactions: ru4_mu2
You can't be serious.

It appears he is.

USA National Ranking​

Ranked #18 Biological Engineering School
Ranked #28 Industrial Engineering School
Ranked #36 Materials Engineering School
Ranked #38 Systems Engineering School
Ranked #41 Environmental Engineering School
Ranked #44 General Engineering School
Ranked #47 Biomedical Engineering School
Ranked #50 Civil Engineering School
Ranked #52 Computer Engineering School
Ranked #58 Mechanical Engineering School
Ranked #62 Chemical Engineering School
Ranked #69 Electrical Engineering School

Biology Programs - ranked top 5% in USA
Chemistry Programs - ranked top 5% in USA
Computer Programs - ranked top 5% in USA
Construction Programs - ranked top 5% in USA
Environmental Programs - ranked top 10% in USA
Geology Programs - ranked top 15% in USA
Mathematics Programs - ranked top 10% in USA
Physics Programs - ranked top 10% in USA

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
It appears he is.
So you've gone back to being intellectually dishonest in your attempts again.

From the exact same source and page as you copied-and-pasted a ton of information:

I guess you conveniently left that major part out, huh?

Your own source says it is the 61st best engineering school in the country. Nobody in their right mind would claim that the 61st best law school in the country is one of the best in the country. Same with med schools. Same with any schools/degrees. Then, again, neither you nor Samantha are in your right mind, and it's yet another instance of you looking like a moron in your obsessive and desperate attempt to find an error by me.

From the exact same source and page as you copied-and-pasted a ton of information:

Your own source says it is the 61st best engineering school in the country. Nobody in their right mind would claim that the 61st best law school in the country is one of the best in the country. Same with med schools. Same with any schools/degrees. Then, again, neither you nor Samantha are in your right mind, and it's yet another instance of you looking like a moron in your obsessive and desperate attempt to find an error by me.
What would you consider a "top" school to be? Just curious. Top 40%? 30%? 20% 10%. Really all semantics until you define the parameters of top.

Intellectually dishonest? I post statistics that show there are some disciplines of engineering that reflect Clemson being among the best in the nation while the majority are not. Any person with an ounce of sense (which excludes you) would quickly surmise that the average of these rankings would be in the 50 - 60 range.

Sam also included science in his reference. Most of the science disciplines at Clemson are in the top 5% and 10% in the nation. What is intellectually dishonest is your failure, inability and/or refusal to acknowledge this. Yet again you can only see part of the picture, never the full picture.

It's not an an obsession or even a "full time" job to find errors by you like you so gleefully do to others. It's really somewhat funny but also sad that what you do to others bothers you so much that you have to go on and on about why you weren't wrong.

I couldn't care much less about what you post here but everyone needs God in their lives, even you. In fact I've found that the most arrogant and abrasive people probably need Him the most. That is why I mess with you some - to get you to think about things from a different and higher perspective.

For instance you recently gave an example of a billionaire giving $5 more to charity than someone else to prove the billionaire was more charitable. I countered with the wisdom of Jesus to answer your question. The billionaire gives out of his wealth. The poor widow gave out of her poverty. So who is more charitable?

Anyway it is time for another story from the Bible. In this instance it is when I shake the dust from my feet and move on (Matthew 10:14).

You can flame on like you usually do when I post here just don't expect a response as you won't get one. The only response you will get is if you ever find yourself in a bad situation and need help to deal with it I would try to assist. Other than that it's game over for me.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Intellectually dishonest? I post statistics that show there are some disciplines of engineering that reflect Clemson being among the best in the nation while the majority are not. Any person with an ounce of sense (which excludes you) would quickly surmise that the average of these rankings would be in the 50 - 60 range.
If it’s not intellectual dishonesty, then it’s blatant stupidity. You choose which is more accurate.

If Marshall football went 5-7 but had a decently ranked punt return unit, would you use the punt return unit’s ranking to argue that they were a good football team? Of course not.

Likewise, it’s foolish to argue one small part of Clemson’s engineering school determines the value of the entire engineering department when the overall ranking of the entire department is considerably different.

20+ Years ago while still living in WV I and some others attempted to work with the Alumni office to build a stronger organization of Alumni across the region. Our plan was to start closer to home and then model it through Charlotte, Atl, and into Florida where a larger number of Alumni live. We believed at that time communication was poor, events were thrown together (if there ever were any). Very little was planned or communicated. There was no strategic plan at executing anything by anyone at Marshall. The offices were understaffed and lacked quality leadership.

Additionally, the Big Green and Alumni Assoc seemed to actively work against each other. Granted their goals were/are somewhat different, but it was an absolute shitshow top to bottom at that time. It was our belief due to the size of Marshall, and the limited resources and staff these organizations possessed, the best strategic move should have been combining their efforts, working together to develop alumni lists, member targets, coordinated communications and events. We believed this would have worked more effectively in meeting their overall goals of raising money and involvement by their members. IT WENT NOWHERE. The only thing that seemed to matter to anyone at these groups was "who was going to get credit, control and the money".

The alumni group wanted our money, but little to no other input. The BG at that time wanted nothing to do with the Alumni Assoc. After a few months of trying to work with these people, we quit trying. "volunteering" shouldn't be as painful as pulling teeth. It was just easier to send an annual gift and let the rubes at Marshall fight over it.

It was my feeling then, and probably would be now if I really wanted to get involved, most of these bureaucrats prefer the status quo. They want money with no other involvement by their members. They celebrate a day of raising 50K but could have achieved a much higher number with a little more planning, organization, and member/alumni involvement.
Absolutely spot on.

Sam also included science in his reference. Most of the science disciplines at Clemson are in the top 5% and 10% in the nation. What is intellectually dishonest is your failure, inability and/or refusal to acknowledge this. Yet again you can only see part of the picture, never the full picture.

It's not an an obsession or even a "full time" job to find errors by you like you so gleefully do to others. It's really somewhat funny but also sad that what you do to others bothers you so much that you have to go on and on about why you weren't wrong.

I couldn't care much less about what you post here but everyone needs God in their lives, even you. In fact I've found that the most arrogant and abrasive people probably need Him the most. That is why I mess with you some - to get you to think about things from a different and higher perspective.

For instance you recently gave an example of a billionaire giving $5 more to charity than someone else to prove the billionaire was more charitable. I countered with the wisdom of Jesus to answer your question. The billionaire gives out of his wealth. The poor widow gave out of her poverty. So who is more charitable?

Anyway it is time for another story from the Bible. In this instance it is when I shake the dust from my feet and move on (Matthew 10:14).

You can flame on like you usually do when I post here just don't expect a response as you won't get one. The only response you will get is if you ever find yourself in a bad situation and need help to deal with it I would try to assist. Other than that it's game over for me.
Bravo KyMu. Not only for the way you put Rifle in his place on numerous occasions, but also the effort required to do so. If Rifle was an animal, his diet would consist entirely on the attention of others. He needs lots of it, even though he is quick to point out the vast wealth he is accumulating as he jets around the globe wowing his audiences with his sales pitches.

In truth? Lonely. Middle aged and without a life partner. And by his own choices.
The ONLY way to deal with this particular animal is starvation. Sounds cruel, I know, and in the real world, unimaginable. But in this instance the only course of action. It denies him his main food source. If denied it long enough, he will be reduced to the margins of this board, instead of in the middle of everything. Let’s all consider shaking his dust from our sandals as well! My method? The ignore button.
WS

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT