ADVERTISEMENT

While we are all excited about football and soccer, what is

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
The status of the baseball facility? Once again it seems as if is falling off the list. Hope I’m wrong but has anything physical started yet to show us a ball park will actually be built? Just asking as it’s possible I’ve missed info in the news. Go Herd!

Last thing I read was that Spears wanted to see dirt moving sometime in October. I assume bids have been opened, that he's spoken with contractors, etc.

Thanks for the updates. Sounds like progress - the same as it’s always been - never!

Half of the land upon which the stadium is to be built is not yet even been bought. It is all play acting.

BTW, MU has a three game exhibition season, this weekend at USPAM, then at UK and then home to something called the Toronto Mets, which is some kind of semi-pro team from the Great White North.

Reactions: MUMAN3419
In the latest Thundering Herd Illustrated (September 2022) CS says: “Lastly, please continue to believe before it happens. We are going to build a baseball stadium. We are….going to build together and achieve together. We are…..going to operate at a championship level in everything we do because everything matters.” It goes on.

That last statement, to me is the most significant thing I read from CS. The guy just flat out gets it. Why not, for a change, believe???

Reactions: Elkview
How many people have seen this same press release a thousand times before, just with different donors and different people in power? I know I have.

Don’t believe anything until you are setting there watching a game.

Rockel's putting their money where their mouth is. Good for them.

I was wondering if the old guy was maybe Sammy. Then I remembered. Sammy is all bitching, no doing. How long has it been since Sammy has actually been in Huntington?

More than you, I am sure.

However, can you please point out the place in the linked story that says anything about MU buying the land, getting the permits, accepting a bid for the project, or “razing” the buildings it does not own?

Been down this path before. Many times. Believe it when you see it.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Believe it or not, Spears is actually throwing around words like "playing baseball" (in the New facility) in "2024" which means something like 17-19 months from now if we actually play games at home in the 2024 collegiate spring baseball season!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT