ADVERTISEMENT

Who On Here Has a TikTok Account?

SamSwimmer

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 16, 2015
I'm not anti-social media (I think it's mostly destructive though) but I am curious who on here has a TikTok account. And do you have any concerns given everything that's come out about it?

I'm watching bits of the Congressional hearing with the CEO of TikTok. He's being very evasive with responses (shocking) but it's reassuring that the committee is being very united on their concern. Also saw a tweet that the Biden administration supposedly just released a statement that they view its platform as a serious national security risk. Personally, I hope it's only a matter of time before it's banned in the US entirely.

I guess racism moved to the #2 slot.

Reactions: Jartard
Chics in their late 20’s & 30’s love Tiktok. They also couldn’t give two shits about security

wait, people freaking out over tik tok collecting personal data but okay with all the other apps/websites that do the same? newsflash: if yore worried about the interwebs getting your personal info, QUICK, DESTROY YOUR PHONE AND COMPUTER . . . oh wait, yore already fukt.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
wait, people freaking out over tik tok collecting personal data but okay with all the other apps/websites that do the same? newsflash: if yore worried about the interwebs getting your personal info, QUICK, DESTROY YOUR PHONE AND COMPUTER . . . oh wait, yore already fukt.
Tell me you have a Tiktok account without...

difference is the Chinese Communist govt is involved with Tik Tok.

Tell me you have a Tiktok account without...
somehow i knew this would be the first response. i just find it bewildering that people are freaking completely out over the chinese government gonna somehow get them for having a tik tok account when their information is available on many other platforms for anybody, including the chinese.

you people crying about tik tok, tell me you swallow the propaganda whole without . . .

somehow i knew this would be the first response. i just find it bewildering that people are freaking completely out over the chinese government gonna somehow get them for having a tik tok account when their information is available on many other platforms for anybody, including the chinese.

you people crying about tik tok, tell me you swallow the propaganda whole without . . .
So, be honest, do you have a Tiktok account or not?

I mean I agree to the extent that we should be way more mad about the data collection and brokering that’s happening all over the place but I wouldn’t use that fact to defend TikTok.

Do you use a Lenovo device?
No.

Tik Tok is an arm of the Chinse Communist Govt and Chinese military. They are part of data mining, data breeching, and physcological operations against the USA. That is a fact.

Tik Tok is an arm of the Chinse Communist Govt and Chinese military. They are part of data mining, data breeching, and physcological operations against the USA. That is a fact.
shove a finger in your mouth and pull on your inner cheek really hard.

shove a finger in your mouth and pull on your inner cheek really hard.
It is. Plain and simple. The Chinese are involved in massive amounts of corporate espionage. Any Chinese company has ties to the Chinese govt. That is th way it works. Unfortunatley, American companies have got in bed with china and they know they are being spied on and breeched. But, they want the $$$. Tik Tok is especially dangerous and is really just an arm of the chinese military. There are other but, they are the most famous.

They are after data and the back door into systems. I wouldn't touch the shit.

little to none these days. it's the season for the gubment to fvck ya and I'm busy as shit helping them.
Just paid to have mine done. Pretty good deal but probably double what you charge.

It is. Plain and simple. The Chinese are involved in massive amounts of corporate espionage.
For a year, I worked with a young Chinese woman who was here as part of a cultural exchange program. I won’t accuse her of espionage, but she sure was obsessed with data. Always had several thumb drives with her and it was not unusual to see her downloading data from computers.

She was introduced to me as Ms Lee, but later she told me that was not her real name. She said when she had her government orientation prior to coming to America, officials decided her real last name would be too difficult for us to pronounce. The officials changed her name to “Lee” because they said most Americans thought everyone in China was named Lee anyway.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT