ADVERTISEMENT

Who will Declare themselves NC?

ohio herd

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2012
I was thinking about how UCF declared themselves NC in football recently despite the NCAA having a playoff they failed to qualify for. Of course UCF made themselves look stupid by doing so. However in the absence of a tourny will the NCA determine a champ or leave it vacant? So who is to stop someone from claiming to be this season NC?Would that go to Kansas? What if Dayton claimed the title?

Last edited:
It will be left vacant, as it should be.

However, I have seen some teams whose conference tournaments were unfinished declaring themselves champs based on the regular season standings. I know Florida State did that in the ACC and they have been catching hell from Duke, UVA, Louisville fans.

Reactions: ohio herd
CBS played it via some video game 10000 times and declared Dayton the winner. Florida’s state senate declared Florida State.

Fact is that every fan of every half-way decent team will claim that 2020 was “their year”.

In 2025, 2030, and well thereafter, I guarantee this will be the Spamite mantra:
“Remember back in 2020, usens was loaded, wezens woulda won that there national champeeeeeneship. That there Huggy was a super-genius.” Etc.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
CBS played it via some video game 10000 times and declared Dayton the winner. Florida’s state senate declared Florida State.

Fact is that every fan of every half-way decent team will claim that 2020 was “their year”.

In 2025, 2030, and well thereafter, I guarantee this will be the Spamite mantra:
“Remember back in 2020, usens was loaded, wezens woulda won that there national champeeeeeneship. That there Huggy was a super-genius.” Etc.
….Have to take issue w/your grammar. No one says champeeeeen"eh"ship! It's champeeeeenship…….

Imagine being a small school in a small conference somewhere and your team has a legitimate shot to make the big dance...and it can't happen.

Some great story of a Cinderella school won't be told this year and frankly, that sucks.

Marshall is only "half-way decent," according to Sam, so we're national champs.

The ACC presented FS with the regular season trophy. The ACC champion is the winner of the tournament. The Fla state legislature declared FS the national champion in a declaration last week. I doubt Leonard Hamilton has much interest in that stunt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT