ADVERTISEMENT

Why are they moving the Ticket Office?

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
Out of the Henderson Center to the bank building across Third Avenue? How many basketball arenas can you name where the ticket office is located in another building? In bad weather means people have to park , go to new ticket location, and then go to the Henderson Center. What are they going to use the current space for? Anyone in the kniw?

Hey it has nothing to do with anything other than there’s a new guy in town. He has to change things just to prove he’s doing something. Kind of like the half time pass outs for football. 90% of the teams are jealous we do that. People who didn’t have that thought it was great when they came to Huntington.
It’s nice have a guy with all the answers.

I remember when they were building the HC in 1980-81 they moved the ticket office across the street on 5th Avenue. I remember showing up before daylight and standing outside for tickets for the first WVU game.

Reactions: alphasig1053
It's much more convenient to purchase tickets and receive them electronically than to stand in a line....maybe this has something to do with the relo and repurpose the space in Henderson?

Reactions: 19MU88
I don't think this has anything to do with tickets purchased on site at games; those will (pretty sure) still be sold at the ticket windows at the facilities; never was at the ticket office on game day.

This should give ticket office visitors a parking space, etc.

Out of the Henderson Center to the bank building across Third Avenue? How many basketball arenas can you name where the ticket office is located in another building? In bad weather means people have to park , go to new ticket location, and then go to the Henderson Center. What are they going to use the current space for? Anyone in the kniw?
They'll use it for bball practice. Who thinks that having a ticket office on the 3rd floor (elevator be damned) in a building across the street is a good idea?

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Something I heard indicated that perhaps there is, or will be, more parking available at the new location.

IMO, with the way things seem to be going presently, why in the wide, wide world of sports, would anyone in the Athletic Braintrust even remotely think that there will be a parking issue, or need for MORE parking, next season when it comes to obtaining HERD BB tix? Better team? Removal of, or less, tarps in the CAM? UPGRADE in the HOME Out of Conference Schedule? All of the above?

Anyway, all purchasers of MU 23-24 basketball tix Please BE CAREFUL in trying to avoid any serious injuries, etc., during the mad and frenzied rush/stampede on the new ticket office location!!!

I lie it that Spears is trying some new ideas and shaking things up. Gotta be hell for the good ole boys. Lol!

Reactions: herdtown
They'll use it for bball practice. Who thinks that having a ticket office on the 3rd floor (elevator be damned) in a building across the street is a good idea?
My opinion….ticket office needs to be accessible. This site is across a busy boulevard and requires an elevator when you get there. Who and what is behind a move like this?

They are going to be in the building with the Big Green and other Marshall athletics groups. Centralizing departments to coordinate better. The current ticket office was nothing more then the room you see, a small hall leading to a small office And that’s it. Needed to be done and I’m sure game day tickets for basketball will still be sold in the Henderson center.

Last edited:
Dear lord just buy your tickets online like any normal person in the 21st century. Hell most venues don’t even accept actual tickets anymore they are all digital
No kidding. I've had season tickets to both our major sports for about a quarter of a century and I've probably been to ticket office less than 5 times.

I think our fan base is programmed to bitch first and think about it later.

I haven’t been by the old bank building since Marshall took it over. Wonder if the drive in lanes are still intact? We could be real progressive if our fans could drive through and have their tickets delivered by pneumatic tubes.

OMG a ticket OFFICE is moving!!! Simply no way for fans to get tickets now. Across the street???!!! You mean an office is now across the street??!! The horror!! It really is hard being a fan in Htgn isn't it?
Gives them another reason not to donate.

Reactions: sluggo72
I haven’t been by the old bank building since Marshall took it over. Wonder if the drive in lanes are still intact? We could be real progressive if our fans could drive through and have their tickets delivered by pneumatic tubes.
There are still banking activities in the building

Last edited:
FYI, the bank still operates out of that building.

FYI, the bank still operates out of that building.
Interesting to know. The bank should build elsewhere and Marshall should take over the whole complex. It always looked like it was part of the campus and would make a good administrative building of some kind.

And I was serious about being able to drive through and get tickets. Never have to get out of your car. Be nice to get a burger and an orange Slurpee at the same time.

Ohhh my God!!! A building with multiple uses and purposes!!!!!!

giphy.gif

Are they moving the the "Ticket Booths", or just the ticket offices. There is a big difference.
I think we have a winner in this much ado about nothing thread. The Ticket OFFICE is moving. The game day ticket booth will still be open for basketball (and volleyball and whatever else goes on there) just like there are ticket booths at the football and soccer stadiums on game day.

Find other things to bitch about.

Reactions: RhinoD and 19MU88
Interesting to know. The bank should build elsewhere and Marshall should take over the whole complex. It always looked like it was part of the campus and would make a good administrative building of some kind.

And I was serious about being able to drive through and get tickets. Never have to get out of your car. Be nice to get a burger and an orange Slurpee at the same time.
I think they also store the left over beanbag chairs in that building.

• Haha
Simply posters have little to talk about with regard to MU’s athletic performances. There is little to discuss or celebrate so the obvious result is bitching about minutiae.

I think it's a ploy by the MH loyalists to get Spears fired. First a possible no re-entry policy and now this?
#bringbackmhanddoc!

Give him credit, Hamrick would have fired Dan.
He didn't fire Doc after 2016, why would he fire Dan? He would have caved to the Dantonis like Spears and Smith appear to be doing. Would be nice to think he would have but I have my doubts.
Money is EVERYTHING to Marshall. That is the bottom line. Jmho

Reactions: MUMAN3419
I am one of the few that likes a physical ticket in my hand. I still write checks for utility bills. Do little as I can when doing anything involving money on the internet. Can you tell I was born in 1959?😆

Hopefully, AD Spears did not miscalculate in making this important move. Hopefully, he did factor in the fact that a large segment of MU's local (Huntington area) fan base will have to buy, borrow or check out from the local library a copy of "Elevators for Dummies" in order to avail themselves of the new ticket office's services!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT