ADVERTISEMENT

Why are they moving the Ticket Office?

I think they also store the left over beanbag chairs in that building.
I haven’t been to Huntington for a while so I’m a bit confused. Is that building still a bank or did Marshall buy the building? Or both?

I haven’t been to Huntington for a while so I’m a bit confused. Is that building still a bank or did Marshall buy the building? Or both?
AFAIK, the building in question was originally the Twentieth Street Bank way back when WV did not allow branch banks, so it had all the back office space and stuff to run a full bank. Those days are long gone and now the bank, which is Charleston based City National (no relation to the big Citi Bank national chain) just uses the lobby part. Leaving the rest of the building vacant. The bank still owns the whole building and leases the office space to MU. There is something called the "Appalachian Transportation Institute" (used to be named for now disgraced congressman Rahall) in there, no idea what it does.

Marshall should buy the whole thing. I always thought the building fit our campus style and would make a nice sports/ administration building. Besides, who wants a bank in the middle of the campus?

Marshall should buy the whole thing. I always thought the building fit our campus style and would make a nice sports/ administration building. Besides, who wants a bank in the middle of the campus?
The other one is closer to being considered the middle of campus.

He didn't fire Doc after 2016, why would he fire Dan? He would have caved to the Dantonis like Spears and Smith appear to be doing. Would be nice to think he would have but I have my doubts.
Money is EVERYTHING to Marshall. That is the bottom line. Jmho

Because no AD in their right mind would ever fire a HC who won the conference 2 years prior and kept MU in the hunt the year before...with a new QB and plenty of weapons lost to graduation.

Not to mention the year after and year after that, MU improved their record.

...and unlike Dan, Doc actually got the team back to the conference championship game.

How often can a mid major, in football, recover their program that quickly?

Reactions: sluggo72
Because no AD in their right mind would ever fire a HC who won the conference 2 years prior and kept MU in the hunt the year before...with a new QB and plenty of weapons lost to graduation.

Not to mention the year after and year after that, MU improved their record.

...and unlike Dan, Doc actually got the team back to the conference championship game.

How often can a mid major, in football, recover their program that quickly?
Certainly points to consider. Just saying there are a lot of moving parts behind the scenes we know nothing about. Whether any of us want changes, those in Old Main and the Schewey have to look at the big picture. And often times, in Marshall's case, it comes down to money. I don't like it but nothing I can do about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoHerdMarshallYes
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT