ADVERTISEMENT

Why California is turning red

Libs(and libertarians), do you support a party and/or policies that says this is ok?

Yeah, what with our $68B budget surplus and everything. Deeeeeeep deep shit.
Which is why it's a shit hole. Keep taxing away, and watch guys like Musk send you goodbye letters.

What they should do is give the taxpayers some of their damn money back, but more than likely, they'll spend that surplus on stupid green new deal BS.

Are people still shitting on San Francisco sidewalks?

Yeah, what with our $68B budget surplus and everything. Deeeeeeep deep shit.
While California may not go Red, you do have some issues. Losing population is one of them. In addition, many businesses will likely exit due to taxes, cost of living, and people shitting in public and stealing at will with little recourse. You can't run a place that in the long run.

In 2020 alone, nearly 650,000 people left California for other states

In 2020 alone, nearly 650,000 people left California for other states — about 210,000 more than moved to California from elsewhere in the U.S. This phenomenon of departures exceeding arrivals isn’t new. Every year since the 1990s, more people have exited California than have moved in from other parts of the country. Between 2007 and 2016, California lost a net 1 million residents to other states — with Texas, Arizona, and Nevada the top destinations.

Which is why it's a shit hole. Keep taxing away, and watch guys like Musk send you goodbye letters.

What they should do is give the taxpayers some of their damn money back, but more than likely, they'll spend that surplus on stupid green new deal BS.

Are people still shitting on San Francisco sidewalks?
They are going to give taxpayers some of our damn money back.

California going to turn even more blue. The red people going to move out.

Net migration out though is not a sign of a healthy state, budget surplus and all.
That's the democratic plan. Let all the illegals in, with hopes of them voting for you.

I know many of my hispanic friends have smelled the salsa, and will vote for the republicans moving forward. Same with my three black friends. My one Detroit friend told me he was tired of all the promises. Said Trump at least tried to do something for the black communities, but BLM destroyed most of them.

And so is texas.

You may very well be correct. A lot of influx into Austin that leans blue-er. I'm not sure I fully buy this hispanic shift to red voters (?are they polling only Cubans?). So that'll be a big boost for blue in texas too.

We'll see in mid terms and 2024.

Not California but, Oregon. Same left coasters.

Putting tampons and pads in the boy's restrooms. Damn weirdos. Hey boys if you get your period there is some Tampax in there.

You may very well be correct. A lot of influx into Austin that leans blue-er. I'm not sure I fully buy this hispanic shift to red voters (?are they polling only Cubans?). So that'll be a big boost for blue in texas too.

We'll see in mid terms and 2024.
Hispanics are turning red in some numbers. They value the family and not this weird liberal stuff.

Reactions: Jartard
I would like to visit California but could never live there. Just way too damn liberal for me. NC is getting bad enough. But, it looks to be a beautiful state.
There’s a huge range of climates. Desert, beach, mountains (with lots of snow in the winter), hills that almost make you think you’re back in WV, forests. Just about everything.

California going to turn even more blue. The red people going to move out.

Net migration out though is not a sign of a healthy state, budget surplus and all.
I think it’s a sign that housing has gotten way too expensive, more than anything. My in laws are right wingers and I’m exposed to a lot of their friends who are also right wingers who talk a lot about moving for political reasons, but going on 8 years now none of them have. On the flip side a lot of people have moved due to just not being able to afford to live here, which is primarily driven by housing prices.

Those prices are partially the governments fault, but more for things they haven’t done (limiting foreign real estate investment being one) than things they have done.

Reactions: -CarlHungus-
Hispanics are turning red in some numbers. They value the family and not this weird liberal stuff.

We will see.

They get lumped in as "hispanics," but there are WIDE differences in trends based upon where they come from, where they're living, immigration status, etc.

Not California but, Oregon. Same left coasters.

Putting tampons and pads in the boy's restrooms. Damn weirdos. Hey boys if you get your period there is some Tampax in there.

There’s a huge range of climates. Desert, beach, mountains (with lots of snow in the winter), hills that almost make you think you’re back in WV, forests. Just about everything.

I think it’s a sign that housing has gotten way too expensive, more than anything. My in laws are right wingers and I’m exposed to a lot of their friends who are also right wingers who talk a lot about moving for political reasons, but going on 8 years now none of them have. On the flip side a lot of people have moved due to just not being able to afford to live here, which is primarily driven by housing prices.

Those prices are partially the governments fault, but more for things they haven’t done (limiting foreign real estate investment being one) than things they have done.

That's my experience with the California transplants I know now living near me. Mostly housing/CoL related. One dude went work from home so he relocated.

They carry over that "spend a huge % of your money on your house" vibe though. The ones I know bought monster houses here in non-California land. I think cost per sq foot is high in my neighborhood, but they are pumped about it because it's so insane in much of California.

That's my experience with the California transplants I know now living near me. Mostly housing/CoL related. One dude went work from home so he relocated.

They carry over that "spend a huge % of your money on your house" vibe though. The ones I know bought monster houses here in non-California land. I think cost per sq foot is high in my neighborhood, but they are pumped about it because it's so insane in much of California.
They do that. The liberals and people from those states. Hey let's move to the Carolinas because it is too expensive in NY(insert other blue state).

They get here and then they want govt to be the answer to everything. Then, take over and vote the same crap in.

Go figure that one out.

They do that. The liberals and people from those states. Hey let's move to the Carolinas because it is too expensive in NY(insert other blue state).

They get here and then they want govt to be the answer to everything. Then, take over and vote the same crap in.

Go figure that one out.

My new New York neighbor was b*tching the other day about the lack of secular private schools in the area. They are limited and very expensive.

I was just thinking - lady, you moved to the damn Bible belt (by choice, her significant other works remotely for Goldman). What exactly did you expect?

Reactions: i am herdman
My new New York neighbor was b*tching the other day about the lack of secular private schools in the area. They are limited and very expensive.

I was just thinking - lady, you moved to the damn Bible belt (by choice, her significant other works remotely for Goldman). What exactly did you expect?
That reminds me off a guy I work with who lives in rural S. Carolina. Said some people moved in from NY. He lives in the country. They were upset because there was not trash service nor a city park. He doesn't even live in a city and they don't have trash service. They take it to the dump when necessary. hhahha.

We will see.

They get lumped in as "hispanics," but there are WIDE differences in trends based upon where they come from, where they're living, immigration status, etc.
Exactly. “Hispanics” (air quotes because god help you if you call a Mexican here Hispanic, they’ll usually get mad at being lumped in with Hondurans etc and want to be called Mexican) in Southern California, Texas and Florida have as much in common as white people in, well, the same three states. Maybe less.

Exactly. “Hispanics” (air quotes because god help you if you call a Mexican here Hispanic, they’ll usually get mad at being lumped in with Hondurans etc and want to be called Mexican) in Southern California, Texas and Florida have as much in common as white people in, well, the same three states. Maybe less.

You need to just drop a "Latinx" on them. They love that one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT