ADVERTISEMENT

Why didn't my California neighbor take their electric car on vacation?

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
They took the gas car instead.. sitting over there.

Reminds me of when they would wear masks while riding bikes around here and whine about Trump during covid but went to Florida on vacation.

They took the gas car instead.. sitting over there.

Reminds me of when they would wear masks while riding bikes around here and whine about Trump during covid but went to Florida on vacation.
You wouldn't own this car?

roadster-2.jpg

I'd own that in a heartbeat. Very doubtful it ever makes it into production but that thing is sharp AF & fast as hell (granted, the same could be said for just about high-performance sports car.)
Past that point in my life. Not practical for me.

I'd own that in a heartbeat. Very doubtful it ever makes it into production but that thing is sharp AF & fast as hell (granted, the same could be said for just about high-performance sports car.)
If you live in a city and only drive around in said city an EV is a good option. Point A to point B on a WV work commute or any vacation trip they are no beuno

Reactions: rvntx
Driving back from South Carolina today thinking to myself - they want all these semis that be electric? The WV Turnpike was packed with them today, then there was some traffic snafu that left everyone in stop and go for about 20 miles up and down the mountains. Was wondering how many of those trucks would have been stranded with that unexpected delay? How many generators would have to be hauled out to get them charged back up enough to get to the next charging stations?

Reactions: raleighherdfan
If you want a small EV hatch back get a Chevy Bolt. Better range

I recently was out west and the rental car company was almost out of cars, had to grab anything available. I ended up with a Bolt. It was small but I liked how it drove (I don't have electric car) but I didn't like a few things about it. Everytime I drove it, it took more miles off my remaining charge life than it indicated before I drove it. After a few days, I was thinking I needed a new charge, kept finding Tesla stations that do not work with the Bolt. Finally, found an IKEA with a charge port that worked on Bolts. I had lunch in IKEA, came back out, was charged only $1.53 for the charge but it didn't even move the needle on my remaining miles available on the charge.

I could see keeping an electric car to drive locally and charge at home, but long distance travel, based on my brief experience?? no thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT