ADVERTISEMENT

Why does god hate amputees?

Originally posted by murox:
God "heals" cancer and heart disease on the regular, but is conspicuously MIA when it comes to folks with severed limbs. Not once in human history has god returned a lost limb to one of his followers.
MUROX, God loves amputees:

Mark 9:43
King James Version
And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

Now a question for the other side.

Do you believe that our earth and it's inhabitants are some kind of cosmic accident?

Originally posted by wvkeeper(HN):
The little pygmy on an island out in the south Pacific is paying for the sins of his ancestors who failed to pass down the given revelation of God as the nations scattered from their ancestral Eden.
not only is that as unjust as can possibly be, but it is also a change from a stance you had on this question not too many years ago.

Originally posted by riflearm2:
The little pygmy on an island out in the south Pacific is paying for the sins of his ancestors who failed to pass down the given revelation of God as the nations scattered from their ancestral Eden.
not only is that as unjust as can possibly be, but it is also a change from a stance you had on this question not too many years ago.
You must be confusing me with someone else, my above position was the general Christian doctrine prior to the 20th Century. It is the whole reason behind missionary work.

Originally posted by riflearm2:

Two things. First, generational sin is a concept clearly outlined in the Bible, whether you agree with it or not - which leads to my second point. Just by whose standards?

So about 2000 kids will die from cancer this year.

If we go by the US Census approximately 21% are not Christian. Conservatively another 10% probably had not accepted Jesus Christ as their savior.

So that means that out of that 2000 at least 600 were sent to Hell for eternal damnation.

Sounds like my kind of religion.

Originally posted by CockyHerd:
So about 2000 kids will die from cancer this year.

If we go by the US Census approximately 21% are not Christian. Conservatively another 10% probably had not accepted Jesus Christ as their savior.

So that means that out of that 2000 at least 600 were sent to Hell for eternal damnation.

Sounds like my kind of religion.
What is your definition of "kids"?

Also, it is important to remember that the Bible makes no promises of good health or a long life.

What is your definition of "kids"?

Under 18, what has that have to do with it anyway?

Also, it is important to remember that the Bible makes no promises of good health or a long life.

Technically, the Bible only makes two promises, correct?

It makes a significant difference. Some people believe that there is an "age of accountability" - that is a point in life where you can understand the gospel, what it means, and choose to accept our disregard it. Others believe that because salvation comes from God to his elect, then it is likely those that die in infancy or childhood are freely given this gift odd salvation from God because they never had an opportunity to hear and understand Christ's teachings. I don't know what the answer is, nor do I pretend to. I tend to agree that the latter makes more sense in the context of scripture. That being said, i think there are teens and preteens that die without salvation and go to hell. The issue of who gets cancer and who doesn't is irrelevant to this discussion as everyone dies. While the death of a child our teen is certainly tragic, their lives are no more promised to them as an adult's.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by ThunderCat98:

Two things. First, generational sin is a concept clearly outlined in the Bible, whether you agree with it or not - which leads to my second point. Just by whose standards?

by whose standards is it unjust? by the god of common sense.

should your son go to prison for the rest of your life because your father's (his grandfather's) gun accidentally fired while he was committing an armed robbery? of course not. why? because your god, supposedly, created free-will. so, a person should not be punished for the actions of their ancestors as god gave each person free-will . . . unless, of course that "free-will" relates to a 10 year old child who has never even heard of jesus christ. in that case, her "free-will" to not choose to follow jesus leads her to eternal hell.

welcome to bizarro world.

I believe that John 14:6 is fairly clear and that any attempt to wiggle around it is disingenuous

Actually many Religious Scholars disagree with you on this point. Do some reading and you will see a number of different interpretations of this verse. Particularly when you read this verse in context of the entire conversation Jesus is having with his disciples.

Unfortunately, it is this verse that is held up by many egomanical religious leaders as a statement to the world that, "we're the only religion, Jesus is the only way to Heaven". When in reality, that interpretation is contrary to many of Jesus' teachings.

In turn, it is this belief that turns many non-christians away from the religion.

Much like the poster of the above, most Christians use John 14-6 to prove/defend the "exclusivity of Christ", meaning that the only way to Heaven is to consciously & decisively accept Jesus Christ as their Savior or they are banished to hell for all eternity.

The interpretation of John 14-6 in that way is contrary to almost all of Jesus' teachings. Are we to believe that on the eve of his death that Jesus turned 180 on many of his teachings over the previous 3 years? A period during which Jesus was the most accepting person of his time.

I just find it funny that when Christians are challeged on John 14-6 , they find the exclusivity interpretation to be very clear but as soon as someone brings up stoning, eye for an eye, slavery, etc., they say we are taking it out of context of the time period.

You still didn't answer the question. What teaching of Christ contradicts the notion that salvation is obtained by and through him?

You still didn't answer the question. What teaching of Christ contradicts the notion that salvation is obtained by and through him?

without speaking for cocky, i think you are not understanding what he said. he didnt claim that jesus said there were other ways to reach heaven besides through jesus. cocky said that it is contradictory for that to be the only way when you consider that much of your god's teachings are about forgiveness, love, and understanding, considering millions around the earth never hear about jesus christ before they die.

it is a very cruel and unfair rule that your god has in place, especially when compared to his teachings throughout the bible (according to cocky). of course, i see your superhero for what he is; a cruel, vindictive, and perverted control freak.

If that is the case, then I'd like to know what specific teachings he believes are contradictory

am i typing farsi? there are dozens of teachings that show your god to be loving and forgiving. pick any of them you want. all of those contradict with a god who would condemn children to hell due to them not being exposed to jesus christ because their great-great-great-great grandfather once heard a story about christianity and then stayed true to the religion he was raised on for decades.

Ditto.....What rifle said.

If this one quote (John 14-6) , which was only spoken to the disciples , was so important , don't you think Jesus would have mentioned it before during his ministry?

Not to mention that this scripture is pulled from an entire conversation that Jesus was having with the disciples.

Do you know what this conversation was actually about?

tZOS8.gif

I don't understand why a human being with the ability to think would risk not believing. If you believe and it turns out true, you go to heaven. If you don't believe and it's true, you go to hell. If you believe and it isn't true, you die nothing happens. If you don't believe and it is true, you go to hell. Why would anyone with the ability to think risk eternity in hell, when a few Sundays a month leads to heaven. The Christian life is also an honest, admirable life that one can be proud of. It isn't like the bible tells you to go kill people. Everything it commands are generally just good rules to live by...

I really do think people who have been informed and choose not to believe are just stupid. Just my opinion.

Originally posted by HerdON0711:
I don't understand why a human being with the ability to think would risk not believing. If you believe and it turns out true, you go to heaven. If you don't believe and it's true, you go to hell. If you believe and it isn't true, you die nothing happens. If you don't believe and it is true, you go to hell. Why would anyone with the ability to think risk eternity in hell, when a few Sundays a month leads to heaven. The Christian life is also an honest, admirable life that one can be proud of. It isn't like the bible tells you to go kill people. Everything it commands are generally just good rules to live by...

I really do think people who have been informed and choose not to believe are just stupid. Just my opinion.
You're aware that the exact opposite is actually true, right?

And you're aware that as a Christian, you've adopted a minority religion, right? Meaning that more people on earth believe in other gods than your god. So by your estimation, you're smarter than most folks on earth because you were born in a part of the world where your parents and grandparents indoctrinated you in the teachings of christianity as a young child instead of some other doctrine? Can you not look objectively at that and see how asinine it is?

Originally posted by HerdON0711:

So , if I'm Jewish.....Can I squeeze in a "few Sundays a month" at a Christian Church and hedge my bet?

Sad part is, you're not alone in your thinking.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT