ADVERTISEMENT

winning percentages since our move to FBS in 97.

ohio herd

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2012
Since we moved up to FBS in 1997 here is the breakdown.
Bob Pruett 79-23 = .775

Year 97-2002 with two Future NFL QB we are 65-13 = 83% !!!
year 2003/2004 without NFL Starting QB we are 14-10 = 58%

Mark Snyder 23-37 = .383%

Doc Holliday 85-54 = .612%

With Cato 35-18 = .66%

Charles Huff 11-10 currently = .524%

Without a doubt we have only been really good when we have had an future NFL QB under center. All the other years we have been average or slightly above average.

In 26 years at the FBS level since we moved up:
198-124 = 62%

Guys as good a coach as BP was he didn't tear it up without Chad or Byron either. Guys we got to get ourselves another future NFL QB in here if we want to be good. What do you think?

• Haha
Reactions: herd4life5 (HN)
Since we moved up to FBS in 1997 here is the breakdown.
Bob Pruett 79-23 = .775

Year 97-2002 with two Future NFL QB we are 65-13 = 83% !!!
year 2003/2004 without NFL Starting QB we are 14-10 = 58%

Mark Snyder 23-37 = .383%

Doc Holliday 85-54 = .612%

With Cato 35-18 = .66%

Charles Huff 11-10 currently = .524%

Without a doubt we have only been really good when we have had an future NFL QB under center. All the other years we have been average or slightly above average.

In 26 years at the FBS level since we moved up:
198-124 = 62%

Guys as good a coach as BP was he didn't tear it up without Chad or Byron either. Guys we got to get ourselves another future NFL QB in here if we want to be good. What do you think?
I appreciate the effort, but it's common knowledge good teams have good QBs. They're your field general. They're the coach on the field. If your QB sucks then chances are you're going to suck.

Those great QBs were also program guys that were here 4+ years to develop and learn the system. Not one and done crap in one hand and hope in the other transfers.

Yes, future NFL QBs that were not offered scholarships by anyone of significance to be a college QB except Marshall.

The ability of a staff to look past measurables and understand intangibles is why we got two future NFL 1st rounders. Plus they were coached and put in positions to succeed. They were both given incredible weapons on offense and very good offensive lines.

Take McCall for CCU. He’s a very good college QB and will get drafted. He dropped some dimes that didn’t get caught, he got knocked around and ended with under 100 yards passing.

It’s more than a QB, we are t going to get a sure thing stud recruit. We have to find and develop somebody that has the mentality to be successful.

We have to find and develop somebody that has the mentality to be successful.
👍 agreed! But Trick Daddy is proving he can’t develop.. I think we have kids with the mentality to become a ok/good/maybe great QB but it’s gonna have to start with a Coach,

Trick Daddy is trash and wouldn’t surprise me if Lazy Huff slides experienced, Yet trash also, Bill Legg into the OC spot…

promoting Trick Daddy was by far the laziest move Huff has made, he kept Crapsey 1 year and seen he sucked so he was told to leave, then when he could have gone after some old washed up PROVEN OC or even a PROVEN Lower level OC he chose to Promote a Unproven first time OC Trick Daddy and switched him to QB coach… lazy lazy lazy and Huff lost some of my respect on that move.

I think though, 2022 might be the toughest schedule we have ever had. There isn't a weak conference game on the schedule. The non-conference games, we beat Notre Dame on the road, Norfolk St and Gardner-Webb were weak but we handily beat them. I know we never should have lost to Bowling Green but they are 4-4 and may very well go 6-6 and go to a bowl game. If we have ever had a tougher schedule, what year was that? 1997 until now, when did we ever have a tougher schedule?

Last edited:
I think though, 2022 might be the toughest schedule we have ever had. There isn't a weak conference game on the schedule. The non-conference games, we beat Notre Dame on the road, Norfolk St and Gardner-Webb were weak but we handily beat them. I know we never should have lost to Bowling Green but they are 4-4 and may very well go 6-6 and go to a bowl game. If we have ever had a tougher schedule, what year was that? 1997 until now, when did we ever have a tougher schedule?

The early seasons under Mark Snyder. The out of conference schedule was brutal and Conf USA 1.0 was far tougher than CUSA2.0

Snyder's schedules was way harder. In 2006 we played WVU #5, Tenn #15 and Kansas State OOC. We played UCF, ECU and Memphis in conference

Last edited:
I have always been told a head coach is as good as his staff. They make him a good coach and right now we don't have that staff. Many changes need to be done especially on the offensive side.

Reactions: goherdorgohome2
Right now our SOS is ranked 98th by Sagarin. Snyder played schedules ranked in the 40s to the 60s. Doc played schedules as bad as 120s.
Someone posted that the 2015 schedule was rated as the weakest ever at 138.

Someone posted that the 2015 schedule was rated as the weakest ever at 138.
I really enjoyed the 2015 Purdue game. I know Purdue was down that year but it was good to see a Big 10 team lose on our field opening game. Purdue still managed to beat Nebraska that year. If you want to talk about going from glory to mediocrity go talk to a Nebraska fan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT