ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL GAME THREAD WKU Game Thread

Very disappointed in our season but I will give Huff a chance to turn this around.

We were in the toilet when he came in. Complete meltdown at the end of the year and lots of speculation about issues in the locker room.

• Haha
Reactions: The Real SamC
Perhaps our pre-Christmas bowl will be vs. a 7-5 team, and thus CH will not carry his pursuit of Snyder's record (30 games) of not beating a team with a winning record at our own level into year 2. Assuming, of course, he doesn't go to VPI, Florida, the Cowboys, or get selected to astronaut training, or whatever awesome positions a 7-5, 6-5 vs I-AA, no wins vs. a team with a winning record at his team's level, should aspire to. According to internet posts with no backup.

This team lost to every team with a pulse, save the very faint one of FAU; and won over a box of cupcakes, save for an embarrassing loss to horrid MTSU. No real conclusions about the team, nor about its future, can be made from these results, There is nothing here to see. Just a team that beat, as anyone should, its HBCU I-AA cupcake (6-5), 3-8 Navy, 6-6 ODU in overtime at home, 6-6, 5-6 in I-A UNT, 1-11 FIU, 5-7 UNCC, and its signature win, FAU, which is currently down to MTSU but has every chance of coming back and going 6-6.

Losing to every team with a pulse, plus a totally embarrassing loss to MTSU, which might actually beat FAU tonight and get to .500 via wins over a I-AA, Bottom 10er UConn, Bottom 10er Southern Miss, and three more losing teams.

There is nothing to see here, but a record that any team that has any business being in this division and conference should easily put up.

We are mediocre.

Reactions: ilmherdfan
Soccer sucked, football game sucked, Thanksgiving sucked (never cook instant sweet potatoes). Basketball will probably suck. Christmas always sucks.
Someone stop me when I get to be as negative as Sam.

Reactions: goherd73
Maybe not. But he is a wv kid, a local wv kid. And he is the best we have. And up til tonight hadn’t lost a game this season by more than one score and had us in position to play for the conf title. And that includes his disaster game against mtsu that we only loss by 6. Must be hard living a life with so much negativity. JMHO
Pretty sure he is talking about Zban

Maybe not. But he is a wv kid, a local wv kid. And he is the best we have. And up til tonight hadn’t lost a game this season by more than one score and had us in position to play for the conf title. And that includes his disaster game against mtsu that we only loss by 6. Must be hard living a life with so much negativity. JMHO

what does being a WV kid have to do with anything?

Soccer sucked, football game sucked, Thanksgiving sucked (never cook instant sweet potatoes). Basketball will probably suck. Christmas always sucks.
You forgot about inflation, it’s getting colder and the days are shorter, the dog that originally played Air Bud died 23 years ago….

Reactions: greengeezer
The team quit tonight when Wells went out. When Zban did nothing at the end of first half you could feel the energy shift.

Soccer sucked,
Soccer had a great year. You don't win the national championship every year. For a school our size to be mentioned with the big boys and to be ranked yearlong, great year. Try harder next year.
football game sucked,
Not really. The result was as expected. This team has shown no changes or improvements from Week One.
Thanksgiving sucked (never cook instant sweet potatoes).
Thanksgiving is fine.
Basketball will probably suck.
Actually, basketball looked solid against a Big 10 mid-packer yesterday. They might be OK.
Christmas always sucks.
Christmas is great. For the Herd, with its bowl loss already in hand and a Commonwealth of The Bahamas Immigration stamp to show the family, it will be extra special.
I'm not negative at all. I'm a realist. I call things as I see them. Not through a prism of childlike unjustified love of school delusion, nor through a childish desire to blame shift and excuse make for the people CURRENTLY holding the big jobs.

Stop the presses. The RealOne actually gave kiddos to the basketball team.

I'm not negative at all. I'm a realist.
LOLOLLOLOL. People follow sport teams to get away from reality. Of course every team is not #1, but their fans will say they are.
A fan believes his team should win every game, every championship, every year. It’s part of the fun.
No matter how good or bad the coach is, or how much he is paid, no matter if we win or lose, enjoy the moment. Reality starts at 6:00 am on Monday morning.

Sounds like you need it, geezer, so I sincerely hope you have a GREAT New Year's Eve!! :)

Reactions: greengeezer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT