ADVERTISEMENT

Y.A.G.s

mlblack16.

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2017
You were specifically a College QB coach at one point...what is your official assessment on Litton? Is he the wrong style QB for our offense? Are his mechanics as poor as everyone thinks? Is there any hope for him?

You were specifically a College QB coach at one point...what is your official assessment on Litton? Is he the wrong style QB for our offense? Are his mechanics as poor as everyone thinks? Is there any hope for him?
Without a true QB coach then nothing will change.... with our depth at running backs I would think they should work on a rush attack and I’m not talking about there current rush attack, handing off 5 yards deep after the delay in shotgun snap just give the defense waaaaay to much time to make a read... and we all know we never do anything misdirection..... Chase isn’t accurate enough to pick apart a defense and win a game, now it’s time for the coaches to coach and turn this team around...

Reactions: cottrell75
I have to say you made me laugh a lot!:D

Reactions: ToesMU
The Herd needs more coaches of color. Black men that can relate to the players Doc is bringing in. Black men leading black men. That's what they need, not some 60 something year old white guy with weird eyes you see on the ID channel.

The Herd needs more coaches of color. Black men that can relate to the players Doc is bringing in. Black men leading black men. That's what they need, not some 60 something year old white guy with weird eyes you see on the ID channel.

Rod Broadway the HC at NC A&T

Rumor has it that Coach @Y.A.G Si Ye Nots is black, from the waist down.

Rumor has it that Coach @Y.A.G Si Ye Nots is black, from the waist down.

That's true. My jumping ability is still at a remarkable level.

At the Manning Passing Academy, Chase measured up favorably with the top college QBs in the country. Was he Josh Allen/Sam Darnold physically talented? No. But he was definitely competitive with the overall top college QBs physically. His mechanics and footwork were all fine, but of course, things change when facing live bullets of rushing defenders and blitzing LBs.

I have no idea if he struggles reading defenses while on the field (as opposed to video). But if that's the case, a good way to overcome that is to dumb it down for him. How do you do that? Combo your routes for one side of the field being man-beaters (and/or one-high safety) and the other side of the field being zone/two-high safeties beaters. Then, Chase simply has to be able to tell if it is one-high safety or two-high safeties, which many times is shown pre-snap. He then only has to worry about working one side of the field, which most times, is simply reading one defender.

Is he a lost cause? Of course not. He was a solid QB for two seasons. He has regressed this season, at least statistically, but he isn't a bad FBS QB. The kid still has a ton of ability.

At the Manning Passing Academy, Chase measured up favorably with the top college QBs in the country. Was he Josh Allen/Sam Darnold physically talented? No. But he was definitely competitive with the overall top college QBs physically. His mechanics and footwork were all fine, but of course, things change when facing live bullets of rushing defenders and blitzing LBs.

I have no idea if he struggles reading defenses while on the field (as opposed to video). But if that's the case, a good way to overcome that is to dumb it down for him. How do you do that? Combo your routes for one side of the field being man-beaters (and/or one-high safety) and the other side of the field being zone/two-high safeties beaters. Then, Chase simply has to be able to tell if it is one-high safety or two-high safeties, which many times is shown pre-snap. He then only has to worry about working one side of the field, which most times, is simply reading one defender.

Is he a lost cause? Of course not. He was a solid QB for two seasons. He has regressed this season, at least statistically, but he isn't a bad FBS QB. The kid still has a ton of ability.
Honestly, can it be dumbed down any more? We have four plays with variations:

Run left, run center, run right
Bill Legg (quick out) left, Bill Legg right
Bill Legg Special screen Left/Right
Hail Mary

And then there's the Erase Litton CB/Safety pass reception play.

Pretty sure Tecmo Bowl had about as many plays.

Reactions: Herd Fever

In your opinion, would Chase be better in a Pro Style system where he has to make reads under center in opposed to being in Shotgun?

In your opinion, would Chase be better in a Pro Style system where he has to make reads under center in opposed to being in Shotgun?

I don't see making reads under center any different from the gun unless it's a short QB. Litton isn't short, so I don't see reads any different for him (excluding the inability to run most zone reads from under center). If anything, being in the gun gives him a better window and vision of defenders.

Would he be better off under center instead of gun? I don't see why that would be the case. Footwork is entirely different; ball exchanges are different; mesh spots with RBs would be different.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT