ADVERTISEMENT

Yikes

Mike Gwinn

I'd rather be fishing.
Feb 26, 2002
Beckley, WV
AYHbGp5.jpg

I think the path has been updated to stay considerably east now; hoping it pans out that way.

FSU @ Wake is supposed to be played in a monsoon. ACC officials had a conference call today to discuss the status of games. Looks like our game is still on. Haven't heard of any cancelations yet.

http://www.weather.com/storms/hurricane-central/joaquin-2015/AL112015

Then again who knows , still too far off to definitively determine where it will make landfall . Bets around here are that South Carolina is not in picture as far as landfall. Now..we are however supposed to receive a lot of rain as in 8-18 inches over the next few days ( Columbia area) , who knows , one thing I have learned over the years about hurricanes , very unpredictable storms until pretty much the last 24-36 hours.

I'm in Myrtle Beach. My wife wants to leave for home tomorrow. Supposed to be here until Sunday.

I'm in Myrtle Beach. My wife wants to leave for home tomorrow. Supposed to be here until Sunday.

Looks like as of the latest the storm is going to move somewhat northeast , however a landfall at Cape Hatteras is still possible. Obviously that is north of Myrtle Beach however I would give it until later today to see what the latest is prior to leaving. But then you never quite know what a hurricane will do.

Hurrican isn't going to be an issue its all the rain that's already fallen in the last week and all the moisture the hurricane is bringing into the area. If I was in the red neck riviera, I mean Myrtle Beach I would have left yesterday

http://www.postandcourier.com/apps/...20151001&Category=PC16&ArtNo=100109997&Ref=PH

Photos from Charleston SC today , downtown is a mess. The buildings on the right are part of the Charleston City Market - the one that was formerly known as the Old Slave Market.

11952905_1099828210034923_4769427546584680935_o.jpg
Slaves were definitely sold in Charleston but not in this location - common misconception. Having lived there for 15 years I heard it all the time. I think people confuse the Market for the old Slave Mart.

Reactions: MARSHALL77
Slaves were definitely sold in Charleston but not in this location - common misconception. Having lived there for 15 years I heard it all the time. I think people confuse the Market for the old Slave Mart.

True Wise - however when the city market was refurbished one of the things that was changed was the removal of the signage that stated Slave Market as slaves were sold at this location as well , having lived in SC for 22 years and as one who visits Charleston at least every other month ( especially since moving from the upstate to Columbia 12 years ago) the reference to the structures I believe is correct. The Old Slave Mart (the primary auction area as you note is located at #6 Chalmers Street and is now as you know a museum. Anyway Charleston as usual flooded yesterday..then again when you are at sea level where is the water to go.

Funny thing is we go through this periodically and then nothing. It's when no one makes a big deal out of a storm that it hits the fan. Have not had a big problem here since 1989 Hugo. Guess we will just wait and see what happens. Have plenty of beer in the beer refrigerator in the garage , plenty of charcoal for one grill , full tank of propane for the other , ton of meat on hand , generator (Generac Guardian 22KW Standby) to keep the lights , AC etc running , a ton of good football on this weekend , so if it rains well it rains. With the current movement of the storm we may escape with half of the amount of rain that is currently being predicted for South Carolina..ah the fun of living in the South..gotta love it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT