ADVERTISEMENT

You’ve got to see this!

That guy's page has a dozen articles with one comment between them all. There are people who've voiced opinions in dive bars that had greater reach.

Of course, I'm not sure Barstool Sport's Marshall Twitter makes for a much louder megaphone.

I don't think the joke was that big of a deal. I think people get too butt hurt about everything. WVU fans cry every time they aren't ranked high enough, or the announcers don't talk about them enough in a game, or their highlight didn't make ESPN. They are more concerned about how some talking head on ESPN talking about how great they are than actually winning games. They would rather be ranked number 1 than beat the number 1 team. A joke like this is kind of lame, but it's not offensive. Get over it.

Being a WVU and Marshall fan, I can certainly also talk about the snowflake culture of some Herd fans being butthurt in similar ways like making sure we hit the annual quota on mentioning historic events and how amazing the Herd traditions are and if somehow that is not done by the media or recognized somehow then it's lack of respect.

The point is stop being butthurt all the time. Everyone. Please. Stop.

I don't think the joke was that big of a deal. I think people get too butt hurt about everything. WVU fans cry every time they aren't ranked high enough, or the announcers don't talk about them enough in a game, or their highlight didn't make ESPN. They are more concerned about how some talking head on ESPN talking about how great they are than actually winning games. They would rather be ranked number 1 than beat the number 1 team. A joke like this is kind of lame, but it's not offensive. Get over it.

Being a WVU and Marshall fan, I can certainly also talk about the snowflake culture of some Herd fans being butthurt in similar ways like making sure we hit the annual quota on mentioning historic events and how amazing the Herd traditions are and if somehow that is not done by the media or recognized somehow then it's lack of respect.

The point is stop being butthurt all the time. Everyone. Please. Stop.

I prefer being ranked #1 also. On that point I agree with WV fans, as you described them.

Whoever runs the Barstool Marshall Twitter is runnin real low on humor.

i dont believe the joke was all that distasteful. Barstool sports type content (yes I know this account isn’t actually affiliated with the Barstool) is going to be mildly offensive to some. It’s their whole schtick.

the joke just wasn’t that funny.

Some people are just too damn sensitive. The joke wasn't funny, but the reaction was, a little bit.

Disclaimer: No players, coaches, fans, or farm animals were hurt by the printing of this joke. This joke does not express the opinions of the moderators or management of this site. If this had been an actual emergency, you would have been informed where to tune in your area to be told to lighten up. The "Francis" is implied.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT