ADVERTISEMENT

You be the judge....

It comes down to this @extragreen: If you don't understand football well enough to see the coaching staff's lack of trust in Green through their play-calling, then this conversation is a waste of our time. I feel it's like I was talking for thirty minutes at a bar with a dude when he says, "And that's when the alien ship landed," and I realize in that moment that was thirty minutes I'll never get back.
So you have had a conversation with him before??

I'll say this and not sure if someone already alluded to it as I haven't read all of this thread. First let me start by saying I do not believe Green is anything, but an average at best QB. The physical attributes are there, but I don't think he sees and processes the field well enough to play at a high level.

That being said we must consider in this argument the losses on offense.
Obi was gone from Game 1 to Game 8. That;'s your #1 WR gone for 3/4 of the season.
Artie Henry goes down something like game 3. So now your #2 WR is gone.
Talik Keaton went down for a couple games.
Tyler King was dismissed after game 2 or 3. So your homerun hitting RB is gone.

For most of this season the staff nor Green were playing with a full deck. That's not to absolve either party from responsibility, but you have to wonder how much different things would have been with just Obi and King in the lineup all season. How much more that could open things up. Look at how much Green regressed from last season. What changed? Brady, Williams, and King are gone. Who were the playmakers on offense? Knox and the TEs. Knox is a lunch pail kind of back, not a game breaker and the TEs are TEs. You usually don't stretch the field with TEs.

I still think we need a change both at HC and QB, but I think now after emotions are gone from the mix the answer to our struggles are more nuanced than just coaching or the QB sucked.

I'll say this and not sure if someone already alluded to it as I haven't read all of this thread. First let me start by saying I do not believe Green is anything, but an average at best QB. The physical attributes are there, but I don't think he sees and processes the field well enough to play at a high level.

That being said we must consider in this argument the losses on offense.
Obi was gone from Game 1 to Game 8. That;'s your #1 WR gone for 3/4 of the season.
Artie Henry goes down something like game 3. So now your #2 WR is gone.
Talik Keaton went down for a couple games.
Tyler King was dismissed after game 2 or 3. So your homerun hitting RB is gone.

For most of this season the staff nor Green were playing with a full deck. That's not to absolve either party from responsibility, but you have to wonder how much different things would have been with just Obi and King in the lineup all season. How much more that could open things up. Look at how much Green regressed from last season. What changed? Brady, Williams, and King are gone. Who were the playmakers on offense? Knox and the TEs. Knox is a lunch pail kind of back, not a game breaker and the TEs are TEs. You usually don't stretch the field with TEs.

I still think we need a change both at HC and QB, but I think now after emotions are gone from the mix the answer to our struggles are more nuanced than just coaching or the QB sucked.
Well, you're right about one thing...the staff and Green weren't playing with a full deck.

It comes down to this @extragreen: If you don't understand football well enough to see the coaching staff's lack of trust in Green through their play-calling, then this conversation is a waste of our time. I feel it's like I was talking for thirty minutes at a bar with a dude when he says, "And that's when the alien ship landed," and I realize in that moment that was thirty minutes I'll never get back.

The hilarious thing here is that you made that analogy without even knowing Extra is a scientologist. So alien spaceships are right up his alley.

The hilarious thing here is that you made that analogy without even knowing Extra is a scientologist. So alien spaceships are right up his alley.
I didn’t know he was a Scientologist. Now I know better than to waste my time discussing anything with him.

If you don't understand football well enough to see the coaching staff's lack of trust in Green through their play-calling, then this conversation is a waste of our time.

So they have a lack of confidence in Green, and less confidence in Thompson. Sounds like a coaching problem to me.

Now you know exactly how I feel about this conversation.:rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT