ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL GAME THREAD Akron

The entire 2nd half we let slip away and accomplished nothing, team literally packed it up and left at the half.

But when we both said that back in 2013 after a loss at Ohio we got scolded. It is apparent, we are underachievers. Who is responsible? Coaching leads the team, not the kids.

I've been lambasted for disliking Holliday for three years. But "ZOMG 10 games!"

We've won CUSA one time in 6 years. The second worst conference in FBS. Looking like its about to be 7.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Maybe these kids aren't as great as we think? Maybe we put way too much in the stars beside their name. Maybe our coaches can't scheme as good as Bowden or Solich or Brohm.

Reactions: HerdFan2014
Not as good as we thought. Looking ahead to Louisville. Sloppy. We have a poor OL despite years of continuously saying we are as good as it has ever been (every year doc says this). weight room numbers do not translate to the field. Coaching adjustments always come too late. I think we are the better team and win 5/7 times but today was horrible. Not calling for docs job no way no how but i still don't think they always prepare properly and have a good plan. Chase was holding the ball too long today and or our receivers aren't quick enough or fast enough. We really miss an athletic qb like cato who can make plays and someone shifty like shuler. Disappointed but hope we have a fire lit in ourselves and upset louisville. Will be nearly impossible but if things go our way as much as they didnt go our way this week. Keep your heads up guys and practice harder.

Chase is untouchable. He is deemed great and not to be talked about in any way. No matter how bad he does they spin it and say,,well its a learning experience. Bullcrap,,he cant be hollering at his own players. Thats makes him look like a punk,,wake up!!!!!!!!!! recovering kool aid drinker

Chase can be talked about. He did not play great but he did not have a lot of help either. He has been hit play after play by the Akron defense because the Marshall O line has more holes in it than swiss cheese and the receivers have dropped several passes that have hit them right in the hands including the one deflection that went for an int. Still Litton managed to throw for 410 yards with 4 TDs. Do you seriously think a true freshman like Morrell could come in there and do any better?

Reactions: HerdFan73
I dont really know. I thought we would thump akron. I also think chase is not athletic enough to make plays like cato. Please dont bad mouth me about chase. Your thread back s up what i said. Its always some elses fault. what about hollering at his receivers and maybe they had it coming but not from our qb. If we had cam newton and he was a frershman he would be watching

Not as good as we thought. Looking ahead to Louisville. Sloppy. We have a poor OL despite years of continuously saying we are as good as it has ever been (every year doc says this). weight room numbers do not translate to the field. Coaching adjustments always come too late. I think we are the better team and win 5/7 times but today was horrible. Not calling for docs job no way no how but i still don't think they always prepare properly and have a good plan. Chase was holding the ball too long today and or our receivers aren't quick enough or fast enough. We really miss an athletic qb like cato who can make plays and someone shifty like shuler. Disappointed but hope we have a fire lit in ourselves and upset louisville. Will be nearly impossible but if things go our way as much as they didnt go our way this week. Keep your heads up guys and practice harder.

We miss Cato?? Christ sakes we finally have a QB that can run a real offensive scheme. Now we need an offensive coordinator that can design one behind the QB we have.

Cato had the ability to turn chickenshit into chicken salad. 410 yds passing and 4 TDs by Chase should win you games. Especially if you can move the ball with a run game.

Miami has always puzzled me with their scheduling. They have played at a number of mid-major sites through the years.

Hey, guys, don't you remember that Miami was scheduled to play AT THE JOAN until our illustrious AD, highpockets Doofus Dingleberry K.O. Marcum let them OUT OF THE CONTRACT!!! Give App State credit: they obviously do not hire inept dorks like K.O. for the job of AD, even one who is an alum and ex "jock"!!!

I'm just so disappointed right now in this team. I have no words to describe it. It's just bad and we are just bad from what I saw. I see us getting beat by UL and Pitt by at least 5 TDS. I honestly don't see us winning any of our tough games. Our defense is Swiss cheese. Losing the depth in our secondary in the off season was a big difference maker in this game I believe.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT