ADVERTISEMENT

Albany

59-0

Star Trek GIF

Reactions: herdfan06
You grab the team that is paid to be at your place by the throat and whip their a**.

This team did not do that, because it could not. Thus making it clear what kind of year it was to be. Some understood what was real, and some were in denial.

And it was a disaster of a year.

This is a bad football team.

Fire Charles Huff.

Reactions: Jartard
You grab the team that is paid to be at your place by the throat and whip their a**.

This team did not do that, because it could not. Thus making it clear what kind of year it was to be. Some understood what was real, and some were in denial.

And it was a disaster of a year.

Fire Charles Huff.
Marshall is an average FBS football team this year. That is far from a "disaster" or "bad football team," Samantha.

It is when you come in and acknowledge that the job is “not a rebuild” and that you just need to get the program the “last 6 inches”.
And going 9-4 with a win over a top 10 team was accomplishing that. The morons on this board are trying to run off a coach who has had one less than acceptable season after just doing what I mentioned the previous year.

Going 6-6 with a win over a top third ACC team considering Marshall’s history over the past 20 years is not a “disaster” nor is it reflective of a “bad football team.”

OU is owning GaSouthern in Myrtle without a lot of key players. That big bad Defensive Line that CH touted is getting manhandled by OU lineman.

And going 9-4 with a win over a top 10 team was accomplishing that. The morons on this board are trying to run off a coach who has had one less than acceptable season after just doing what I mentioned the previous year.

Going 6-6 with a win over a top third ACC team considering Marshall’s history over the past 20 years is not a “disaster” nor is it reflective of a “bad football team.”
What about 6-6 with bad losses to average Sun Belt teams?

Reactions: putnam green
What about 6-6 with bad losses to average Sun Belt teams?
That's why you take the entire season into account, and if you do, and if you're reasonable, you'll see it was an average season.

Disaster? Not even close? Bad football team? Nope. Average.

Reactions: rvntx
That's why you take the entire season into account, and if you do, and if you're reasonable, you'll see it was an average season.

Disaster? Not even close? Bad football team? Nope. Average.
Should the fans settle for mediocre? 6-6 is basically a step back from Doc.

Should the fans settle for mediocre?
No. But after one mediocre/average season, they shouldn't be calling for heads, especially after coming off of a 9-4 season with a win over a top 10 Notre Dame.

I'd rather see Marshall go 7-5 with a P5 win every year compared to 9-3 with no significant wins.

He was brought in because 8-4 and not competing for the conference, especially in CUSA 3.0, was not acceptable.

Whether you agree with that or not, that’s a fact, and he acknowledged what the job was when he got here.

To be clear, I’m not advocating he needs fired. But he was brought in to compete for conference titles and he’s not met that standard.

Let’s not forget that a losing record is still very much on the table. 6-6 and being out of the division race in October is absolutely a failure. Especially in todays environment where every season is so silo’d and self contained.

He was brought in because 8-4 and not competing for the conference, especially in CUSA 3.0, was not acceptable.

Whether you agree with that or not, that’s a fact, and he acknowledged what the job was when he got here.

To be clear, I’m not advocating he needs fired. But he was brought in to compete for conference titles and he’s not met that standard.

Let’s not forget that a losing record is still very much on the table. 6-6 and being out of the division race in October is absolutely a failure. Especially in todays environment where every season is so silo’d and self contained.
Nobody is saying that going 6-6 is acceptable. What is being argued is that you don't fire a guy after one season of being unacceptable, especially when it is an average season and not even a bad season.

Reactions: goherd73
Nobody is saying that going 6-6 is acceptable. What is being argued is that you don't fire a guy after one season of being unacceptable, especially when it is an average season and not even a bad season.
Rifle,
Nuance isn't exactly a trait that most of these people are capable of understanding.

However, this season's 6-6 isn't the only issue. The issues on offense have been recurring during each of the past three years' midseason swoons. And to be blunt, the Herd offense has been boring to the average football fan.

Reactions: horsrman
Should the fans settle for mediocre? 6-6 is basically a step back from Doc.
Docs record his first three years was 17-20. Not defending Huff at all, he needs to go, jmo. But Doc started badly.
Like Huff, he took over a bowl team that had some solid talent.

Doc is gone. Today's discussion is about today's coach. Charles Huff. If his, and the remaining bowl games all go the way the bookies believe them to be going, every team he beat, with the exception of the lower division team, will finish with losing records, as will he.

Fire Charles Huff.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
If his, and the remaining bowl games all go the way the bookies believe them to be going, every team he beat, with the exception of the lower division team, will finish with losing records, as will he.
That's not true, stupid. Virginia Tech is favored by 10 in their bowl game, which would put them at 7-6. Arkansas State is favored by 2.5 in their bowl game, which would put them at 7-6.

Are your constant bogus claims due to malice or incompetence?

Reactions: rvntx and ru4_mu2
Sam has never let the facts get in the way of a good story
FACT: East Carolina went 2-10
FACT: VPI went 6-6, if it loses its bowl game, it will be 6-7
FACT: ODU went 6-7
FACT: Georgia Southern went 6-7
FACT: Arkansas State went 6-6, if it loses its bowl game, it will be 6-7

FACTS.

Not one win over a team with a winning record, except for a I-AA that got assreamed by South Dakota State; and which also lost to I-A bottom feeder (5-8) Hawaii and a 6-5 New Hampshire team.

FACTS.

And not a good story. A sad story of a failed year and a team that is regressing into irrelevancy.

Fire Charles Huff.

FACT: East Carolina went 2-10
FACT: VPI went 6-6, if it loses its bowl game, it will be 6-7
FACT: ODU went 6-7
FACT: Georgia Southern went 6-7
FACT: Arkansas State went 6-6, if it loses its bowl game, it will be 6-7

FACTS.

Not one win over a team with a winning record, except for a I-AA that got assreamed by South Dakota State; and which also lost to I-A bottom feeder (5-8) Hawaii and a 6-5 New Hampshire team.

FACTS.

And not a good story. A sad story of a failed year and a team that is regressing into irrelevancy.

Fire Charles Huff.
Way to avoid what it was you said that was bogus: “ . . . and the remaining bowl games all go the way the bookies believe them to be going . . . “

Somebody needs to copy and paste that, since Samantha blocked me after I called out his lies too much.

If his, and the remaining bowl games all go the way the bookies believe them to be going, every team he beat, with the exception of the lower division team, will finish with losing records, as will he.
Your good friend Rifle shared a thought you seem to have missed. Please see below:

That's not true, stupid. Virginia Tech is favored by 10 in their bowl game, which would put them at 7-6. Arkansas State is favored by 2.5 in their bowl game, which would put them at 7-6.

Reactions: rvntx and riflearm2
Your good friend Rifle shared a thought you seem to have missed. Please see below:

Let's see if I can make his post for him:

"IGNORE this mental child and he will go away and impose himself on the other 1000 boards whose posters he bothers. And the board will be better without him. Never apologize, or for that matter, respond in any way to the mental defective's posts. Feeding a troll encourages trolling. Ignoring the multiple names of the one and only troll on this board makes this board so much better. If everyone would ignore this mental case, it would eventually go away and bother other people. Do not feed the troll. While most people, on this board, as well as in your sad empty life, simply dismiss you as a troll and a failure, I truly believe that with treatment, you could resume, or perhaps for the first time become, being a useful, mentally well adjusted adult. The individual in question is a troll and has the mentality of a pre-teen. He adds nothing to this forum, and violates rules that others are required to follow. More than anything, he is not a Marshall fan. He is just here to argue. Probably is on dozens of forums. Without the troll, this board is a thoughtful group of people with a common interest. We exchange information and discuss our common interest, not always agreeing, but generally always being agreeable. Which is what a board, on any subject, is supposed to be."

• Haha
Reactions: ru4_mu2
OHHHH, we might have beaten two teams that will end the season 7-6. Wow. Well that solves all my issues.

Fire Charles Huff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT