ADVERTISEMENT

ALJ

If Coach Doc and the staff can nurture and counsel Cato, they should be able to develop this young man (AJL). He's too good of a football player just to let go. At the same time, I'm not there and I don't know the circumstances surrounding him or the team.

No sky falling. He's a talented guy, but WR isn't exactly a position of need for us. I hope this gets McManus focused on given the effort he has to give for his NFL future.

We'll be fine. Foster is more than capable. If Angelo can't get with the program then see ya. No "I" in team.

So JEan Louis is gone? What happened?

AJL was upset that he moved from outside receiver to the slot and is back up to Foster. He would prefer to stay on outside and backup McManus. The skinny, AJL played slot and RB in HS so I don't know what his issue with the move is. Another note, Foster was Mr. Football in South Carolina in HS and was a much better player than the 3-star tag that was thrown on him by Rivals so he has serious competition in the slot and really at any of the three WR positions to be honest. Bottom line is AJL is being selfish instead of a team player.[/

My opinion is that Foster is better. AJL has trouble getting off the line in press coverage, which is a glaring weakness if he wants to play on the outside. In practice last year he could never even get into his route if swag had him in coverage.

Moving him inside actually helps him because he can play off the line. He needed to get stronger, but don't know if he was putting in the work to get that done.

I thought AJL was a different receiver after his injury. Maybe he wasn't fully healed yet, but he seemed much more hesitant towards the end of the season last year.

He is way to big of a talent to say that. IMHO. You have to find a way to get him on the field period. Foster is not better than AJL

Not sure if he is better but you don't coddle a whiner and you sure as hell don't enable them. Not everyone gets a trophy just for showing up, you have to work and be a part of the team. I feel bad for him but he brought this on himself.

Did he leave the team, or did he just air his anger about moving?

I recall him complaining several times last season IN GAME. You just shouldn't do that.

Did he leave the team, or did he just air his anger about moving?

I recall him complaining several times last season IN GAME. You just shouldn't do that.
Doc said he would address the situation today. However, if AJL has been running his chops on social media I think we all know what the answer will be. You don't get in Doc's doghouse and then run your mouth about it.

Foster is certainly better. He'll make us forget about shuler. I hate this one though, I thought Jean-Louis was going to be a big time player for us. He'll never be big time with that mentality though.

Reactions: wbcraig
Wow this sucks. Such a talent to lose this close to the season. Why now all of a sudden is he losing it? You would think this would have come after spring game.

AJL reminds me of Elijah Pittman from the Herrion basketball days. You have to remove the cancer before it spreads. Doc does that, Herrion didn't and that is why Doc is successful and Herrion isn't. We have more wr than I can name and while talent wise it is a loss, team wise it's a blessing in disguise. We will be fine.

We will be fine without our 2nd string slot WR. Also this has nothing to do with him being upset about the move but just more about the locker room chemistry and a few seniors not liking it. I'm pretty sure there was a chain of events leading up to this. I'm sure this started before camp started.

i know AJL pretty good and i must say hes a good guy but he has no love for the herd. He isnt into bleeding green and the name marshall is just a name on his shirt nothing more. Trust me hes better off leaving for him and the herd. Now with that being said bring on Perdue!!

Hey, Herdon2...No starters lost...both were 2nd teamers. Stewart couldn't handle blocking for the passing game and Angelo could not get into his patterns when jammed @ the line. We'll miss their speed in open space.

Hey, Herdon2...No starters lost...both were 2nd teamers. Stewart couldn't handle blocking for the passing game and Angelo could not get into his patterns when jammed @ the line. We'll miss their speed in open space.

I think it's naieve to act like the butler loss didn't hurt. No, he wasn't a great blocker, but anybody that has an almost 8 YPC average is someone I want on my team. (Hate crimes aside)

Stewart being gone hurts, and his pass pro has gotten a lot better and he got a lot bigger and was having a great spring before everything that happened,

Reactions: 31Herd55
yea, stew brought that different dimension. Smash and dash. Remi has to be that dash for us this year.

I have a feeling Remi is going to play lights out this year

remi isn't bad, he just wasn't at butler's level in terms of being a game changer. remi would've started, or gotten significant pt at any other cusa school, he was just definitely the 3rd best option here.

Reactions: Herd In the Plains
i know AJL pretty good and i must say hes a good guy but he has no love for the herd. He isnt into bleeding green and the name marshall is just a name on his shirt nothing more. Trust me hes better off leaving for him and the herd. Now with that being said bring on Perdue!!
Shady Spring, do you know why AJL had such a negative attitude?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT