ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball stadium?

It was pretty close from what I heard. He really wanted the job too. He was also against MU leaving so they could collect the payout.
Glad to see we are gone and so is he.
Not doubting the runors but I would highly doubt he would be seriously considered. That’s why they have a committee and people with varied backgrounds on it.

Not doubting the runors but I would highly doubt he would be seriously considered. That’s why they have a committee and people with varied backgrounds on it.

Lets not forget, his business feels like 90% of the advertising for MU. He's been around and despite his clownish behavior on TV, the man can sell cars...it would have been an interesting route for the AD...also, with Smith being the MU president, you'd have the business aspect being pursued.

But yes, I am glad he's not AD, because it would have been impossible to take him seriously.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Lets not forget, his business feels like 90% of the advertising for MU. He's been around and despite his clownish behavior on TV, the man can sell cars...it would have been an interesting route for the AD...also, with Smith being the MU president, you'd have the business aspect being pursued.

But yes, I am glad he's not AD, because it would have been impossible to take him seriously.
I'd say that's why he would never come close to being seriously considered. Could someone separate the commercials and car salesman from a serious AD in charge of a 32 Million athletic department.

I'd say that's why he would never come close to being seriously considered. Could someone separate the commercials and car salesman from a serious AD in charge of a 32 Million athletic department.

Same can be said for other business-oriented people who found themselves in positions of leadership.
This seems to be a trend nowadays.

Now, he's running for political office, so we'll see how good a job he'll do in that regard.

Same can be said for other business-oriented people who found themselves in positions of leadership.

Now, he's running for political office, so we'll see how good a job he'll do in that regard.
He won’t get far. But I will take business man Brad Smith all day long as our school president.

Jesus! We'd have had "Dutch Marshall" commercials out the yin-yang. Captain Marshall would have made a return, and God knows what else.
Don’t go trashing Captain Marshall, that was a part of our glory days in basketball. When we ciouldbr wait for football season to be over. Lol!

What does "business-oriented people who found themselves in positions of leadership" even mean? That's the same demographic. Miller has grown a multi-million dollar business with hundreds of employees and is probably the most influential person currently on the BoG.

Gilbert was an absolute clown and was let go for being largely incompetent at his job. Smith was a grand slam.

What does "business-oriented people who found themselves in positions of leadership" even mean? That's the same demographic. Miller has grown a multi-million dollar business with hundreds of employees and is probably the most influential person currently on the BoG.

Gilbert was an absolute clown and was let go for being largely incompetent at his job. Smith was a grand slam.
Not every business person can handle/lead the MU BoG. It certainly isn't the same. Brad Smith and his type are constantly moving and doing new things. Its the difference between he and a local buisnessman who's content with where they are. I doubt Smith stays at MU for long. There will be another opportunity for him somewhere and he'll take it. Gilbert was far from incompetent, unless you count Jim Justice's POV, which if you do that, you'll lose credibility.
Miller is known, and its not a serious tone. He's on TV dressing up in costunes trying to sell Kia's...I, nor many, would ever open my wallet if he asked me to do so for MU. I can't take him seriously at all, which is why he's not the AD and why he's running for political office.

Not every business person can handle/lead the MU BoG. It certainly isn't the same. Brad Smith and his type are constantly moving and doing new things. Its the difference between he and a local buisnessman who's content with where they are. I doubt Smith stays at MU for long. There will be another opportunity for him somewhere and he'll take it. Gilbert was far from incompetent, unless you count Jim Justice's POV, which if you do that, you'll lose credibility.
Miller is known, and its not a serious tone. He's on TV dressing up in costunes trying to sell Kia's...I, nor many, would ever open my wallet if he asked me to do so for MU. I can't take him seriously at all, which is why he's not the AD and why he's running for political office.

Jibberish. You have no idea what you're talking about with Miller, but I don't care enough to devote the time to correct you. As far as Brad Smith goes, being the president of Marshall wasn't an opportunity for him, it's charity. He took the position not to advance his career, but to give back to a school and area he cares about. Thinking he's using Marshall as a stepping stone for another opportunity is to be clueless.

Jibberish. You have no idea what you're talking about with Miller, but I don't care enough to devote the time to correct you. As far as Brad Smith goes, being the president of Marshall wasn't an opportunity for him, it's charity. He took the position not to advance his career, but to give back to a school and area he cares about. Thinking he's using Marshall as a stepping stone for another opportunity is to be clueless.
No kidding. This guy totally misses. Smith using MU as stepping stone??? and then stating he can't take Miller seriously due to some silly commercials? Which by the way are very normal in pre owned car sales.

clueless but confident.

Reactions: murox
Bingo.

Agree to disagree then.
You're right that Smith genuinely cares about WV and MU and no doubt he's going to make an effort. His type is all about not losing and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
I wouldn't call it charitable, more of a challenge, to again, bring new life to a dying area. He's been charitable with his checkbook more times than any of us could ever be. I stand by my belief that this isn't a life-long endeavor for him, and to improve MU and the area, does show to himself and whatever is next for him, that he is capable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT