ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Tickets

I thought the same, especially adding in the required donation.

A new entity should want to get people hooked and then increase from there. High initial prices will be a detriment to being able to get people hooked.

But if I lived in the area, I would pay whatever it took to get front row seats right next to the third base dugout, and I wouldn’t shut up the entire game.

I hated playing SEC teams, because those fans were all over you from warmups until you got onto the bus. That’s the atmosphere we need, but I don’t know if Billy Bob can pull it off.

I thought the same, especially adding in the required donation.

A new entity should want to get people hooked and then increase from there. High initial prices will be a detriment to being able to get people hooked.

But if I lived in the area, I would pay whatever it took to get front row seats right next to the third base dugout, and I wouldn’t shut up the entire game.

I hated playing SEC teams, because those fans were all over you from warmups until you got onto the bus. That’s the atmosphere we need, but I don’t know if Billy Bob can pull it off.
You in the front row for MLB so you should pony up. Plenty of private jets in and out of HTS

Looks a little pricey for Huntington. Hope they sell general admission.
Just assuming there will be 20 home games this year (MU hosted 28 last year) haven't seen the schedule ... the est cost breakdown for a season is $10-$25 a seat per game. Spend a little less on cigarettes and McDonald's throughout the week. That should cover it. ;)

Just assuming there will be 20 home games this year (MU hosted 28 last year) haven't seen the schedule ... the est cost breakdown for a season is $10-$25 a seat per game. Spend a little less on cigarettes and McDonald's throughout the week. That should cover it. ;)
27 games scheduled I belive

Too bad. $7-$18 a seat is outrageous for Marshall fans to have to pay in order to watch a team they claim to have wanted to watch for +20 years.
The absolute cheapest option is $460.00 for one ticket. Who do you think you are sitting on your high horse to judge us that would love to go to a baseball game that can't afford that kind of money. Great to see you assuming we poors are eating up fast food and cigs. What a pompous answer.

Not to be that guy, because I buy more MU tickets for football, basketball, soccer, etc than a lot of folks and I will gladly buy baseball tickets too... But after this first year, the novelty will wear off and there will be plenty of seats available for walkup purchase.

Reactions: GeauxHerd
I figure they will sell well under 100 season tickets at the current rate. Should be plenty of general admission tickets to go around. I agree. When you factor in the cost of the seat, donation required for each seat it is a ridiculous rate to pay. 28 scheduled home games. With weather and other factors will play less than that. Not many people I know are showing up for mid-week games unless they have a family member playing. The goal should be to pack the place with as many people as want to be there. Start winning some and increase prices in the years to come.

College baseball attendance in the north is NBD. The highest northern school, Nebraska (and WTF else is there to do in Lincoln, Nebraska?) is just over 5K/game. The Spamites, who let their thousands of New Jersite students in free and charge the local gentry $150/year draw 2K/game. UK and Louisville also draw 2K. The NCAA only lists the top 50, and #50 draws 1.5K.

Because? Weather. College baseball runs starts in February. The average daytime (when people are at work) high is 47. In the evening the low is 29.

Yes, baseball runs through May, and May can be quite pleasant, but that is a handful of games, season is over by mid-month.

Relax. The newness will wear off, and by mid season, and certainly by the season after that and from then on, you will be able to pay $4 and sit wherever you want.

Reactions: RhinoD
The absolute cheapest option is $460.00 for one ticket. Who do you think you are sitting on your high horse to judge us that would love to go to a baseball game that can't afford that kind of money. Great to see you assuming we poors are eating up fast food and cigs. What a pompous answer.
you will be able to pay $4 and sit wherever you want
Unfortunately, $4 is too expensive too. If you cant afford $7, you're not affording $4. Should simply dismantle the baseball program, save the money and move on. All these years of demanding a place to play were just empty words.

Unfortunately, $4 is too expensive too. If you cant afford $7, you're not affording $4. Should simply dismantle the baseball program, save the money and move on. All these years of demanding a place to play were just empty words.
Asking people to pay damn near a grand for a "premium" seat is outrageous. Allow the fanbase to grow. WIN some. Then raise the prices if need be. There won't be a hundred season tickets sold at that rate. I am sure admin knows that. Sell tickets for $10 a game general admission like other schools and you should have nice crowds.

Sell tickets for $10 a game general admission like other schools and you should have nice crowds.
This fan base has already proven that they will bitch at any amount they have to spend. Give a donation to Big Green, if you havent already?? Hell no!!

It is amazing how the above poster knows how much people can and cannot afford and who has and has not donated to the BG, from his perch atop a laptop somewhere in the Carolinas.

It is amazing how the above poster knows how much people can and cannot afford and who has and has not donated to the BG, from his perch atop a laptop somewhere in the Carolinas.
STFU Sammy. You dont want to be a Marshall fan anyway. Head back to the WVU board and type your bs.

NMSU only won about 8 games against D1 schools last year. You switching over to the Herd?

Too bad. $7-$18 a seat is outrageous for Marshall fans to have to pay in order to watch a team they claim to have wanted to watch for +20 years.
Your math isn’t very good. It’s over $10/game minimum for the cheapest seat if a 27 game home schedule and including the mandatory donation.

Going from $0 to $10+, minimum, is a big jump.

Sell premium seats at a high price for die-hards. For the others, build a fan base first. $10+ per game is steep when trying to hook fans.

But hey, it’s probably going about as well as the selling of the lockers that were absurdly priced.

Your math isn’t very good. It’s over $10/game minimum for the cheapest seat if a 27 game home schedule and including the mandatory donation.
My math was fine. I wasn't including the mandatory donation. Why? Because every Marshall sports event that has season tickets has included some type of donation in order to buy the season tickets for generations. This should not be a surprise to anyone. If you truly cant afford the donation, there are probably other priorities in your life that need attention other than season tickets to Marshall baseball anyway. General admission on game day probably should be your thing. Yes, it's $7.41 a ticket per SEAT for the cheapest tier for the season.

Thank God we are getting a new baseball stadium after all these years so Herd fans can complain about prices and boycott season tix over said prices!

Reactions: GeauxHerd
My math was fine. I wasn't including the mandatory donation. Why? Because every Marshall sports event that has season tickets has included some type of donation in order to buy the season tickets for generations. This should not be a surprise to anyone. .
It’s not about it being a surprise, piece of shit as a human. It’s about logic, moron.

The discussion is if the cost of the seats is too expensive to sell a reasonable level. To determine that, you have to look at the true cost of getting season tickets, including a large favor being the mandatory donation. It’s not about it being a surprise. It’s about it being common sense regarding the discussion at hand.

I am not going to say that the tickets are overpriced or right priced.

I've often wondered whether the athletic dept ever has/had a professional study of supply vs demand on their ticket prices and concessions. With soccer, it seems that the attendance/ ticket prices are pretty close to perfect. I don't have that same feeling with FB, WBB or MBB.

I feel, with little evidence, that baseball might be priced to steeply.

Christian POS Spears has got this. Sells out every game , if he can’t fleece the locals he’ll just sell them to seat geek , puts on his resume he sold out all the games and moves on

Nope, I'll just stay here and continue to post things that are true...
Despicable Me Lol GIF

• Haha
Reactions: ARandomHerdFan
Christian POS Spears has got this. Sells out every game , if he can’t fleece the locals he’ll just sell them to seat geek , puts on his resume he sold out all the games and moves on

With a handle like "Sluggo" I'm shocked you haven't tried to fight him already.
But then again, you'd likely lose in an embarrassing fashion.

With a handle like "Sluggo" I'm shocked you haven't tried to fight him already.
But then again, you'd likely lose in an embarrassing fashion.
Doubtful he’d show probably be late to the meeting he called. Talking to the lawyers about getting his kid off

NY times doesn’t usually get things wrong. It’s not the Wayne Gazette
Well, this time they did, moron:

And you’re so obsessed with Spears that you’re actually thinking about his son getting off. Weird.

Well, this time they did, moron:

And you’re so obsessed with Spears that you’re actually thinking about his son getting off. Weird.
Why you so sure about that?? Cause Spears says so??
No it was Spears missing meetings obsessing about his son

All of that is irrelevant. Spears still late for meetings he called while trying to get his son off the hook.
Moron
That wasn’t what you were crying about nor what you claimed was false.

You lost. Move on. You should be an expert at that by this point.

That wasn’t what you were crying about nor what you claimed was false.

You lost. Move on. You should be an expert at that by this point.
My claim relevant to Spears was accurate. And that’s all that matters. The guy is a POS. Even you will figure that out soon enough

It’s not about it being a surprise, piece of shit as a human. It’s about logic, moron.

The discussion is if the cost of the seats is too expensive to sell a reasonable level. To determine that, you have to look at the true cost of getting season tickets, including a large favor being the mandatory donation. It’s not about it being a surprise. It’s about it being common sense regarding the discussion at hand.
Common sense would tell you...if you cant afford the charity/donation part of the package, then you probably shouldn't be worried about what a seat cost. You probably have other financial priorities you should be worried about.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT