ADVERTISEMENT

Black jerseys

Looking sharp ! In sure will still hate but been a long time coming to up our jersey game! Now just throw in your occasional retro jersey or throwbacks and the cycle will be complete . Hope everyone expands their woredrobe

Eh.

I'm a proponent of the black uni, but as per usual at Marshall, we manage to make it bush league. Black jersey with green pants and their inexplicable black stripe with a white helmet. Looks like we went to a Nike yard sale and pieced together the best we could.

Agreed. As a stand-alone jersey, it looks good. Unfortunately we have to wear pants with the jersey, and now it's going to look less than optimal. It could be improved upon for brand continuity and for mixing and matching different combinations. But that's way more than we can expect.

Why the solid black stripe down the green pants? Why not use the same black/white/green stripe like on the helmets? Use that same pattern for all the pants, and put that pattern on the sleeve of all the jerseys. Voila! Now you can use different uniform combos and it doesn't look like you couldn't afford the black pants for the "blackout."

Eh.

I'm a proponent of the black uni, but as per usual at Marshall, we manage to make it bush league. Black jersey with green pants and their inexplicable black stripe with a white helmet. Looks like we went to a Nike yard sale and pieced together the best we could.

I think the white jersey looks odd with green pants. The pants have a thick black line on the sides and it just completely stops at the waist where the jersey meets. Last night, when some of the guys were wearing black sleeves under the white jersey, that helped balance it out, but it was hit or miss who was wearing them.

The black jersey is very sharp. Hard to tell what it will look like paired up with green pants, probably not bad because of that heavy black stripe down the sides.

Yeah jerseys are great. And honestly even with the green pants I think they would look good. It's the white helmets that don't look good. IMHO it's because some our fans are so adamantly against back unis they didn't want to rock the boat too much, so as usual we go with the middle ground and it's boring

I like the jersey a lot and I actually dont hate the current green pants, so I think those will make a nice combination... I do agree that the white helmet is going to look out of place for a "black out" and we probably should have either gone with black or green helmets.

My guess is we'll follow same pattern as we have with recent uniform changes. I would expect we'll pick up black pants next season to complete the look.

My guess is we'll follow same pattern as we have with recent uniform changes. I would expect we'll pick up black pants next season to complete the look.

Next season ? why next season and not this season , again , always piecemeal vs the total package. If we are going to go with black then go with black helmets , black jerseys , black pants , top to bottom like the others we hold ourselves out to be on the same level with. I could just see WVU waiting until the next season to purchase the matching pants. Either go all in or don't go at all.

Probably even more of a reason we only need two sets of uniforms , home and away and in the school colors...lol.

I think the green pants look good. I do agree that a green or black helment wpuld be awesome though. Still looks good.

Reactions: herdcanefan3
The pics posted on twitter with the green pants is actually nice. I am OK with that combo being a part of our repertoire.

A second attempt at green helmets in kelley green this time would be awesome. Matching helmet color with unis can be done. Everyone wants to bring up when Snyder had it done. It was still cool, even if the helmets didn't match all that well.

Awesome! Finally we get some sweet black jerseys! Thanks plane crash!

Glad that after 45 years that horrible, unfathomable tragedy is finally paying off with some cool swag! Our grief game is on fleek!

Reactions: raleighherdfan
This is what our football uniforms remind me of :
Lmao at this reference... love cash. It is the marshall way i suppose. White jerseys look terrible with green pants imo. Black stripe comes up to nothing it almost looks like they got the pants specifically for this game and we have just ended up wearing them the rest of the year. If we have to keep the white helmet why not at least a retro decal? Not trying to be negative but when the "blackout"was announced so long ago and been hyped up i guess i just expected a complete alternate black uniform just like every other team does when they do things like this... really nice jerseys now we need to get more to go with it

Last edited:
Reactions: 30Kelly
Jerseys and pants look good even though I wish pants were black as well. Definitely agree on the helmet. Green or black would have worked.

The jersey looks fine. I think they should have done green numbers outlined in white.

But why can MTSU and UNT do black jerseys and have the pants/helmets along with it yet we can't? Makes no sense.

Mean-Green-0055.jpg

Reactions: MARSHALL77
Anyone consider that we pull a Houston from a few years ago? Come out for warmups with the uniform weve been shown and then prior to coming back out the team is surprised with the black helmets? Seemed to work then. Even for Snydes

Anyone consider that we pull a Houston from a few years ago? Come out for warmups with the uniform weve been shown and then prior to coming back out the team is surprised with the black helmets? Seemed to work then. Even for Snydes

Releasing only a black jersey early, and then coming out with black helmets and pants after warm ups would be so asinine I wouldn't be surprised to see us actually try that.

That being said... no, that won't happen.

I was hoping for the all black just like the UNT pic shown above. But hey, this is Marshall so we take what we can when we can. Maybe we will get the black on black for our next blackout game.

I definitely am disappointed with not going all out for the full-black set. I understand that maybe our budget isn't the best, but if you're not going all out, don't do it. Our fans are supposed to be "blacked out" and our team isn't evening wearing all black..

Reactions: murox
I definitely am disappointed with not going all out for the full-black set. I understand that maybe our budget isn't the best, but if you're not going all out, don't do it. Our fans are supposed to be "blacked out" and our team isn't evening wearing all black..

Because stubborn ass equipment mgr saying we never would wear all black or black helmets on his watch. But we could have checkered flag numerals, Pittsburgh Steelers style pants and uni combos that look like they never were made to go together. Our 2012/13 in is in all green and all white should not have been left behind, the new ones should have ADDED to our uniform combos. The new jersey with all white pants or the new green jersey with white/green solids would look good. For once I want to see some innovation. Gray/silver from the past, throwback vintage uni, multiple helmets

We would bitch if someone hung us with a new rope! You guys sound like my 4 yr old son. Get him a new toy, and he wants another color. We need to think about being thankful for even having a team!! Let's not forget why we are doing the "blackout". It is to remember 75 men and women's lives who brought together this community. We are not Oregon or Baylor trying to outdo everybody, WE ARE MARSHALL! Remember what we have because of them. Be thankful, I'm sure people who lost loved ones that day aren't worried about not having black pants or helmets.

You need to Check your 4 year old now son, when he gets 6 you're going to have some sleepless nights. ;)
The issue is it seems half ass, a blackout is promoted and it's not a black out which is arguably kind of bush league. For me personally, I like the black jerseys at least it shows some progress in changing the minds of the old guard.

You need to Check your 4 year old now son, when he gets 6 you're going to have some sleepless nights. ;)
The issue is it seems half ass, a blackout is promoted and it's not a black out which is arguably kind of bush league. For me personally, I like the black jerseys at least it shows some progress in changing the minds of the old guard.

Shut it, puke! You take any effort from the equipment manager (no matter how ate up) and you'll like it!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT