ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING Charlotte Game Cancelled

Any idea what this means for the CUSA title game?... Will there even be one?

It was only a matter of time until COVID had repercussions at MU.

It has to be COVID, regardless of the use of "a few Covid cases", teams don't cancel games, agree to have their games cancelled, due to injuries on the other team. Next man up rules are expected with injuries; but contact tracing debilitates entire blocks of players.

Reactions: cottrell75
This sucks! In a year where we have had so many multi-week gaps between games, time would be on our side in terms of recovery from injuries.....

Since Marshall won’t ever tell the fans the truth, I’m going to. The players that were “unavailable” to play last week were suspended - not injured or out because of Covid. There is a divide (make your own judgement here) between players and it led to a large fight. The fight spilled out into the parking lot after practice and got ugly. I’m hearing a players car was also vandalized and tensions are running high in the locker room still. It sounds like Doc and Hamrick have lost control of the program.

As you all know, there are 90+ players on Marshall’s roster. There are only a couple of players that are actually injured and according to Hamrick “a few Covid cases.” Since programs do frequent testing, players are not forced to quarantine from a potential exposure and contract tracing is not done. Only the positive players are out.

The bottom line is there are plenty of players to play, but once again the athletic department is telling you it’s a medical issue when that’s not the case. This has happened time and time again and the fans seem to accept it without consequence. It’s time that people are held accountable. This is the most talented team of player’s we’ve had in a long time and the season is going to be ruined because of the inability to manage the program.

Imagine how pissed FAU is today knowing that all we had to do was cancel the game and be the East champs? I imagine there’d be several of us pissed if it was the other way.

Unless CUSA decides to determine division winners by conference win percentage.

Since Marshall won’t ever tell the fans the truth, I’m going to. The players that were “unavailable” to play last week were suspended - not injured or out because of Covid. There is a divide (make your own judgement here) between players and it led to a large fight. The fight spilled out into the parking lot after practice and got ugly. I’m hearing a players car was also vandalized and tensions are running high in the locker room still. It sounds like Doc and Hamrick have lost control of the program.

As you all know, there are 90+ players on Marshall’s roster. There are only a couple of players that are actually injured and according to Hamrick “a few Covid cases.” Since programs do frequent testing, players are not forced to quarantine from a potential exposure and contract tracing is not done. Only the positive players are out.

The bottom line is there are plenty of players to play, but once again the athletic department is telling you it’s a medical issue when that’s not the case. This has happened time and time again and the fans seem to accept it without consequence. It’s time that people are held accountable. This is the most talented team of player’s we’ve had in a long time and the season is going to be ruined because of the inability to manage the program.
May I ask where you got this highly classified, top secret information? And what this “divide” is about exactly?

The falsehood's presented in this post are so off the charts that I'm not even going to acknowledge them.

I will simply say that they're not true and leave it at that.

This is just an attempt to feed off a loss with complete bullshit to further an agenda.

Imagine how pissed FAU is today knowing that all we had to do was cancel the game and be the East champs? I imagine there’d be several of us pissed if it was the other way.
My guess is if FAU wins this week they would be the East champs with a 5-1 record.

It’s not highly classified or top secret. I know a lot of current and former players. If you all recall I broke the news about Chase Litton being suspended when they claimed he was hurt. I also broke the news about Tyler King (same scenario). Believe me....this is another spin job by Marshall to avoid having egg on their face.

The falsehood's presented in this post are so off the charts that I'm not even going to acknowledge them.

I will simply say that they're not true and leave it at that.

This is just an attempt to feed off a loss with complete bullshit to further an agenda.

So are you saying a fight never happened?

It’s not highly classified or top secret. I know a lot of current and former players. If you all recall I broke the news about Chase Litton being suspended when they claimed he was hurt. I also broke the news about Tyler King (same scenario). Believe me....this is another spin job by Marshall to avoid having egg on their face.
Alright....fill us in then

Reactions: marshallsig
Guys that spew BS like this will never present "facts" to back it up.

I don’t know what “facts” I can present other than to say I have been right in every post where the mods and athletic department presented a different story. The truth came out in both cases. Don’t believe me...reach out to Chase or Tyler and ask them for yourself...they’ll tell you the athletic department suspended them and lied about their status.

I understand Coach Stowers has to play the same game that Marshall is playing in order to protect his “inside access” and his livelihood. He will never come out and disagree or provide another narrative than what is said on record. Just remember who has always been right and who has always been wrong in the past.

Reactions: HerdFan73

What a newsflash. Strange that this vast conspiracy was not picked up upon by WSAZ, WCHS/WVAH, the 100% anti-Marshall WOWK, the Gag-zette, Kindred, or the 100% anti-Marshall Metro News. But you "are hearing" stuff, including a "large fight" that "got ugly" in a public place, yet there is no video in our cell phone infested world of this "large fight". No response by the FOIA-able MUPD or HPD. No player coming forward, no one leaving the town. Just what your "are hearing". And MH is lying not only to us, but to UNCC, the conference office, and providing false information about player health in a state with legal sports gambling (a felony).

What a super-reporter you are. Who killed JFK?

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
So are you saying a fight never happened?

You said a "large fight," which I said was untrue.

I'm aware of a scuffle between TWO guys that was merely a result of tempers flaring during practice. It was nothing more, and nothing less.

People calling it a brawl simply have no clue what they're talking about, and like I said are just trying to further an agenda.

If FAU is 5 wins and one loss and we're Four wins and one loss wouldn't that put them in the championship game instead of us

I don’t know what “facts” I can present other than to say I have been right in every post where the mods and athletic department presented a different story. The truth came out in both cases. Don’t believe me...reach out to Chase or Tyler and ask them for yourself...they’ll tell you the athletic department suspended them and lied about their status.

I understand Coach Stowers has to play the same game that Marshall is playing in order to protect his “inside access” and his livelihood. He will never come out and disagree or provide another narrative than what is said on record. Just remember who has always been right and who has always been wrong in the past.
It says you joined in December 2018, so what exactly did you report about Litton? I’m not doubting that divides and fights happen, but to say something large broke out and made it into the parking lot without a single person seeing it or mentioning it till now does seem kind of hard to believe in today’s age of social media.

• Wow
Reactions: ARandomHerdFan
What a newsflash. Strange that this vast conspiracy was not picked up upon by WSAZ, WCHS/WVAH, the 100% anti-Marshall WOWK, the Gag-zette, Kindred, or the 100% anti-Marshall Metro News. But you "are hearing" stuff, including a "large fight" that "got ugly" in a public place, yet there is no video in our cell phone infested world of this "large fight". No response by the FOIA-able MUPD or HPD. No player coming forward, no one leaving the town. Just what your "are hearing". And MH is lying not only to us, but to UNCC, the conference office, and providing false information about player health in a state with legal sports gambling (a felony).

Exactly if a huge fight between players spilled put into the parking lot it would be all over Huntington.

Reactions: The Real SamC

Probably because the sports reporters sources are within the athletic department. My sources are players. This is also a breaking story...more might come out later.

I bet Marshall won’t share which players are “injured” like every other school in America does

Shit. I remember fights between players and a few "bad elements" along the Hal Greer Blvd/ Fairfield stadium corridor in the late 80s. Watched a few fights between HPD and players during the Donnan era in downtown huntington too........never made the news.

Doc is known for recruiting as many malcontents and felons as he is stars. Why is any of this so hard to believe? I wouldn't doubt that any of this wasn't a possibility.

Reactions: Elkview
Head to head decided who plays.
Winning% decides who hosts.
If FAU beats Southern Miss they would have five wins and one loss we would have four wins and one loss. That would give them a better record than we have. Our only hope is that either FAU or Southern Miss comes down with covid. I don't think Southern Miss can beat FAU

The divide in the locker room would help explain why the team laid down and took it up the rear last week too. If there are enough in the locker room that are done with Doc, losing ( especially losing ugly to a team you should have buried) will help get him out the door.

Shit. I remember fights between players and a few "bad elements" along the Hal Greer Blvd/ Fairfield stadium corridor in the late 80s. Watched a few fights between HPD and players during the Donnan era in downtown huntington too........never made the news.

Doc is known for recruiting as many malcontents and felons as he is stars. Why is any of this so hard to believe? I wouldn't doubt that any of this wasn't possible.

Yea you are correct. Hamrick is quoted by WSAZ as saying the game was cancelled due to “injuries and lack of available scholarship players at key positions.” Can any of you deniers tell me how many players suddenly became injured after the Rice game? We had enough players to play that game and have very few real injuries due to lack of playing and weeks off in between games.

The divide in the locker room would help explain why the team laid down and took it up the rear last week too. If there are enough in the locker room that are done with Doc, losing ( especially losing ugly to a team you should have buried) will help get him out the door.
that post is full of crap man. All the sudden out of now where we have a divide. It's a load of bull. Just like had there been a huge fight spill out into the parking lot it would be all over town.

absolutely. Seems like a complete, chicken $hit, dodge to me. Plus a chance to justify and scapegoat our historic loss Saturday.

Since when can you cancel games due to Injuries. If it’s covid, it needs to be stated. If it’s injuries, I want to know where it came from. Because we had 2-3 rotation guys that I know of out Saturday due to injuries, and we certainly weren’t falling like flies during the game. Did we just do Oklahoma drill all day Monday or something?

What a joke.

If FAU beats Southern Miss they would have five wins and one loss we would have four wins and one loss. That would give them a better record than we have. Our only hope is that either FAU or Southern Miss comes down with covid. I don't think Southern Miss can beat FAU
As I said. According to CUSA head to head is what is used to decide who represents the division.

The winning percentage comes into play in the even the east and west champ were tied in order to decide who hosts.

Unless CUSA changes their minds at the very last second we are playing for the championship.

Even in Hamrick's state he said they did this after talking to the league. I am sure with a conference title on the line if cancelling meant forfeiting we would have found a way to play.

that post is full of crap man. All the sudden out of now where we have a divide. It's a load of bull. Just like had there been a huge fight spill out into the parking lot it would be all over town.
I'd like to hear your take as to why we laid an egg against Rice. I simply said that it would at least lead to some reasoning as to why it appeared no one on the Marshall sideline appeared to be too shocked as to what was going on on the field on Saturday. If you don't think there have been multiple "divides" in the locker room during Doc's tenure, you just aren't paying attention.
Additionally, I can vouch to seeing multiple HPD and MUPD cars and officers on the Main Lot surrounding several of the players cars last week on either Wednesday or Thursday I believe. I don't know what they were doing, but HPD wouldn't respond to a call on a Marshall property for simple vandalizing of a car, there had to be a lot more going on for the kind of response I saw.

I find it hard to believe that we would look for a way to cancel this game if it meant us not playing in the title game. This is a make up game and UNCC canceled the first time. As much as it sucks we have the right to do the same if we have COVID issues. Notice we didn't cancel last week because had some injured players.... I'm not buying it. We beat FAU in the head to head and we are going to play the game not them.

I'd like to hear your take as to why we laid an egg against Rice. I simply said that it would at least lead to some reasoning as to why it appeared no one on the Marshall sideline appeared to be too shocked as to what was going on on the field on Saturday. If you don't think there have been multiple "divides" in the locker room during Doc's tenure, you just aren't paying attention.
Additionally, I can vouch to seeing multiple HPD and MUPD cars and officers on the Main Lot surrounding several of the players cars last week on either Wednesday or Thursday I believe. I don't know what they were doing, but HPD wouldn't respond to a call on a Marshall property for simple vandalizing of a car, there had to be a lot more going on for the kind of response I saw.
Have you just started watching Marshall football? Doc chokes and loses a game he shouldn't every year. And we didn't lay down. Grant threw 5 interceptions that turned into 14 points meaning the defense gave up a whopping 6 points and at least one of those FGs were because of a Wells INT.

We didn't lay down. Our QB melted down.

Hey. Maybe he threw the game. Did I do that right?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT