ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING Charlotte Game Cancelled

Marshall has had ONE subpar football coach in the last 40 years. Arguably one subpar BBall coach in 40 years. Maybe you dont like the way we choose our coaches, but it seems to be pretty daggone effective.
Depends on your definition of "subpar". If you are speaking of league titles and championships, we've had two. If you are speaking of wins only, yeah, just one.

Basketball? DD is the best coach we've had since Huck. Donovan and Altman obviously were good but didn't stay long enough. The rest were very average to poor at best.

Why then did Clemson and ND have their games cancelled last week? So they could be assured there would be no upset to either one, thus guaranteeing a huge television audience in the ACC CCG. It's all about the Benjamins.

Any school has the right to cancel games if the NCAA allows it. The difference between those schools and Marshall is their athletic directors didn’t lie about the reasons for cancelling. That was the sole point of my post.

Have you filed your foia request or not?

Why is it "my" request? I simply stated that it would be interesting to see what was the real reason discussed if somebody were to file one. Reading is hard.

Marshall has had ONE subpar football coach in the last 40 years.

It's crazy that you don't think Snyder was subpar. He was arguably about the same as Holliday. I don't think it's fair to claim that Holliday was our only subpar football coach and to let Snyder slide.

We referenced injuries and COVID. There was no lying.

The only legitimate injury was that John's and Hamrick's labias were sore from getting fvcked so hard by Rice. Marshall did not have such a high number of non-Covid related injuries that they couldn't reasonably field a team for the Charlotte game. It's a lie. You know it. I know it. And most of all, John's and Hamrick's labias know it.

Reactions: Herdfan2019
@BleedsGreen33 since Perks won't answer me, I think you know who he's talking about? It's (intentionally misspelled) Pruitt, isn't it?
Well 40 years takes us back to 1980.

Sonny Randle 1979-83
Stan Parish 1984-85
George Chaump 1986-89
Jim Donnan 1990-1995
Bob Pruett 1996-2004
Mark Snyder 2005-2009
Doc Holliday 2010-present

I love Sonny to death, but he wasn't a very good coach. He's 39-69-1 overall as a HC and was 12-42-1 at Marshall.

Stan got us our first winning season after the crash and that will never be forgotten, but overall he was a below average coach. He has a 64-62-3 record as a HC, but outside of the one winning season here in 85 all his winning seasons were at Wabash from 1978-82. After leaving here he coached at KState, Ball State, and EMU never posting another winning season.

Chaump was 33-16-1 here at MU and took us to the I-AA National Championship game. His overall HC record was 71-73-2

Donnan and Pruett were great HCs while here at Marshall.

Snyder wasn't subpar. He just flat out sucked at being a HC. There is no logical argument that can be made to refute that. His biggest indictment is that he had Ahmad Bradshaw who was the catalyst for two Super Bowls and couldn't get one winning season with him.

Doc is average. You can tell he's from wvu because he has a lot of wins with very little hardware to show for it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT