ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING Charlotte Game Cancelled

This thread is 100 percent pathetic. Started by the original guy who doesn’t say a word until Marshall loses. To all the people trying to rip on their own team because of how the season played out.

My reputation is to degrade all fake fans. So I realize my opinion means nothing.

But good Lord.

Some of you guys are flat out pathetic. Always looking at the negative.

Tyler King gets suspended as you say and we report an injury. Saving his career and not killing his already spoiled reputation and Marshall is the bad guy. Are you serious. Think about what you are saying for a minute. We did good on the kid. So what if Johnny fake fan didn’t know why he was out.

And you want a list of every injured or sick player because “everyone else does it”. Really. Where? And make sure you don’t send gambling sites links for every team. That doesn’t work.

IF a brawl happened. And IF said brawl resulted in no one getting hurt. Why would a Marshall fan run to a site and try to “expose” it.

The answer.

simple

You aren’t a fan.

So great job to the original poster. You riled up a fickle “fan” base. A “what have you done for me lately” fan base.

I couldn’t give a crap if every single one of them threw punches at each other.

A 7-1 football team and you treat them like this.

Oh well. Carry on with your ignorance. Right or wrong, doesn’t matter. Posting like this in the first place is disgusting and pathetic.

This thread is 100 percent pathetic. Started by the original guy who doesn’t say a word until Marshall loses. To all the people trying to rip on their own team because of how the season played out.

My reputation is to degrade all fake fans. So I realize my opinion means nothing.

But good Lord.

Tyler King gets suspended as you say and we report an injury. Saving his career and not killing his already spoiled reputation and Marshall is the bad guy. Are you serious. Think about what you are saying for a minute. We did good on the kid. So what if Johnny fake fan didn’t know why he was out.

And you want a list of every injured or sick player because “everyone else does it”. Really. Where? And make sure you don’t send gambling sites links for every team. That doesn’t work.

IF a brawl happened. And IF said brawl resulted in no one getting hurt. Why would a Marshall fan run to a site and try to “expose” it.

The answer.

simple

You aren’t a fan.

So great job to the original poster. You riled up a fickle “fan” base. A “what have you done for me lately” fan base.

Oh well. Carry on with your ignorance. Right or wrong, doesn’t matter. Posting like this in the first place is disgusting and pathetic.

Just to be clear I’m one of the riled up “fans” and it has nothing to do with whether or not said fight occurred.

It has to do with what I think was an underhanded decision by our head coach and administration.

Being a fan doesn’t mean one is not allowed to have an opinion.

Reactions: Herdfan1986

But good Lord.

The answer.

simple

You aren’t a fan.

The timing of my post has nothing to do with wins or losses. I have been a member of this board since 2018 and have not posted after any of the losses either year. My posts coincide with the athletic department making blatantly false statements. As an alumni and lifelong fan, I don’t think it’s acceptable for the athletic director to lie to a fan base that supports their team. If you think it’s ok, then you are part of the problem.

I used the Tyler King and Chase Litton situations as examples of the athletic department untruthfully claiming players are injured when they are suspended or unavailable for other reasons. As for Tyler, he was suspended for a reason that he didn’t think was fair (he went home to see his family). He was upset that Marshall wouldn’t set the record straight and come out and say why he was not playing. A season ending injury would do more to hurt a player looking for a new team than a player suspended for going to visit their family so don’t act like Marshall was doing him any favors.

I’ll ask you the same question I asked Coach Stowers because you don’t have the “premium information” veil to hide behind. Can you give me a reasonable explanation of how 40+ players are all of the sudden unavailable to play when “very few of them are Covid related?”

I know several players on the team and a lot of former players. I get information from them and it has proven to be true every time. You get your information from the athletic department that has been caught in lies time and time again. I understand they don’t want to have egg on their face by coming out and saying the coaching staff struggles with player conduct and has lost control of the team. But hey it’s on you to believe whatever you want. I heard they made your kool-aid extra green today...drink it up!

Sure, it has nothing to do with a loss. You would have looked like an idiot making that post if we were 8 - 0.

As for 40 plus players. I havent even seen that number released, just a number being implied.

Games have been cancelled all season long, we do it one time...literally ONE TIME and we are underhanded?

Enough. You dont like Doc, you think any issue that happens is Doc, but when we win, it is other reasons, like the players, or opponent, etc.

Again, pathetic initial post and several pathetic follow ups.

I dont get ANY information from the athletic department. I would say my sources are similar to yours at times. Former players, etc. In this case, in the case of this "brawl," I 100000 percent trust the individual that witnessed the bulk of this even first hand.

BUT, I will say again.

Even if you stood there and watched every second of this brawl, and no charges were filed, no one was hurt, etc....why do you feel the need to come here, and start rambling on about it.

Please elaborate. You must be disgruntled in some way, because that is the ONLY reason to do that.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
These threads are always great.

tenor.gif

But but, you claim to have posted the truth about CL. That all happened before 2018. HHMMMM

Yes, I posted in 2018 what actually happened in 2016. As of 2018, there were still a lot of people that believed he was actually injured. After my post and several others confirmations, I think it’s generally accepted that the athletic department lied about his status. If you don’t believe me, ask Chase, he has Twitter.

Yes, I posted in 2018 what actually happened in 2016. As of 2018, there were still a lot of people that believed he was actually injured. After my post and several others confirmations, I think it’s generally accepted that the athletic department lied about his status. If you don’t believe me, ask Chase, he has Twitter.

I always think it's funny when people ask players that either left on their own or were forced to leave about things that happened in the past. The idea that their recollections aren't skewed is comical at best.

Sure, it has nothing to do with a loss. You would have looked like an idiot making that post if we were 8 - 0.

As for 40 plus players. I havent even seen that number released, just a number being implied.

Games have been cancelled all season long, we do it one time...literally ONE TIME and we are underhanded?

Enough. You dont like Doc, you think any issue that happens is Doc, but when we win, it is other reasons, like the players, or opponent, etc.

No I would have made the exact post and been even madder if we cancelled a game when we were 8-0.

Teams have been playing all year with 50 or less scholarship players available. I saw a tweet that FAU had 43 players on their roster that were unavailable to play against Marshall and they still played. So my question goes back to how did so many players magically get injured between Saturday and Wednesday? I still have not heard an explanation from anyone....just a bunch of deflecting an accusations that I’m not as big of a fan as you.

I always think it's funny when people ask players that either left on their own or were forced to leave about things that happened in the past. The idea that their recollections aren't skewed is comical at best.

So are you still denying it’s true? If you really think Chase is conspiring against Marshall ask Ryan Yurachek or any other player on the team that year. Chase is actually a Marshall fan...check out his Twitter.

No I would have made the exact post and been even madder if we cancelled a game when we were 8-0.

Teams have been playing all year with 50 or less scholarship players available. I saw a tweet that FAU had 43 players on their roster that were unavailable to play against Marshall and they still played. So my question goes back to how did so many players magically get injured between Saturday and Wednesday? I still have not heard an explanation from anyone....just a bunch of deflecting an accusations that I’m not as big of a fan as you.
no one said they ALL injured. You have three or four positive covid cases in different positions groups then naturally you would quarantine a lot of players. It’s not far fetched. Sometimes you need to take the tin foil off. Not everything is some grand conspiracy

You are going off a FAU fan twitter account in regards to how many players they allegedly had. THat number has gotten smaller and smaller as the story goes along.

And so you know, we may not have 40 out. A team could cancel for having 10 out, if all 10 are offensive lineman.

This really isnt that hard to understand.

Again, like I said, and you deflect.. What was your "end" game with this initial post. What possessed you to make the post in the first place. What was your goal.

Reactions: marshallsig
@Herdfan2019 it is absolutely hilarious that you're on here railing against us for having sources inside the AD while openly admitting you believe everything players tell you.

I've been doing this for a long time and I can with 100% confidence promise you that players (both current and former) are usually the MOST biased and unreliable sources.

Also, stop pretending that you know who we do and don't speak with for information. That's such a lazy bullshit narrative and quite frankly I'm tired of reading it from people like you.

no one said they ALL injured. You have three or four positive covid cases in different positions groups then naturally you would quarantine a lot of players. It’s not far fetched. Sometimes you need to take the tin foil off. Not everything is some grand conspiracy
Players are rapid tested on Wednesdays (per conference USA). The game was cancelled on Wednesday. Hamrick said out of the players that were unavailable “very few were Covid related” meaning just about everyone passed their Covid test. There would be no need to quarantine after a negative test. Those players are cleared to resume activities.

You are going off a FAU fan twitter account in regards to how many players they allegedly had. THat number has gotten smaller and smaller as the story goes along.

And so you know, we may not have 40 out. A team could cancel for having 10 out, if all 10 are offensive lineman.

This really isnt that hard to understand.

Again, like I said, and you deflect.. What was your "end" game with this initial post. What possessed you to make the post in the first place. What was your goal.

So when did 10 lineman (or 10 players at any position) get hurt between Saturday night and Wednesday morning?

It’s interesting we had very few guys injured as of the end of the game Saturday and all of the sudden we have so many “injuries“ that we can’t play the game this week.

Im simply stating that the overall number doesnt matter.

And seeing as how two were out last week, and another got hurt. That is a quick three right there without even knowing the status of the others and of any testing.

Again, I ask, what is the purpose of your post.

Im simply stating that the overall number doesnt matter.

And seeing as how two were out last week, and another got hurt. That is a quick three right there without even knowing the status of the others and of any testing.

Again, I ask, what is the purpose of your post.

I’ll answer this one last time: The only reason for my post is to inform the fans that the athletic department continues to be untruthful with them. It’s not acceptable to me and shouldn’t be to anyone else.

Oh that was your reason? For real?

Whatever dude. You are just a regular ole Robin Hood I guess.

Grab some info from some former, players, run to a message board because you care about the fans.

Lame

I’ll ask this as a hypothetical question: If the athletic department was lying to the fan base and supporters of the program to cover for themselves, you would be ok with that?

Lying? Or simply not giving you the info that you apparently think you have a right to have.

Again, your reasoning isnt just wrong, its stupid and childish. But I can clearly see in the one thread, that is just what you do. Congrats.

And lets say for a minute that the athletic department did, gasp, lie to us about why a player missed a game.

Why does it matter. The player missed the game. Thats all that matters.

Lying? Or simply not giving you the info that you apparently think you have a right to have.

Again, your reasoning isnt just wrong, its stupid and childish. But I can clearly see in the one thread, that is just what you do. Congrats.

And lets say for a minute that the athletic department did, gasp, lie to us about why a player missed a game.

Why does it matter. The player missed the game. Thats all that matters.

Yes, I expect people in their positions to have moral integrity and not lie. The fact that you don’t tells me everything I need to know about you. Keep on following them blindly.

So, in the case of Tyler King. Saying injury helped the kid. That is their goal, not making sure you know why someone isnt playing.

Implying they lack integrity tells me all that I need to know about you. Clearly you have an agenda. A poor one at that.

It’s a yes or no question. All I see here is the usual deflection.

I’ve helped illustrate that Aaron thinks the athletic department can do no wrong and is ok with them lying to him. Are you going to jump on that train?

That's what is comical. You haven't illustrated anything other than making yourself look stupid to how things actually operate.

Cato, perhaps the most decorated player during Doc's tenure, didn't leave on his own or get forced out. He was recently criticizing Doc. Is his word not allowed either?

Why is it so difficult for any of you Shewey suckers to answer the guy's question? After Saturday, there weren't many injuries. Shewey says there are very few Covid related issues with players not being able to play. That begs the question, how is the Marshall roster so depleted that they can't play their final game if it's not due to a large number of injuries or Covid?

It would be very interesting for somebody to file a FOI request for all Marshall emails and texts related to the cancelation of this week's game. I'm quite confident it would detail, both internally and externally to the C-USA office, the reasons for the game being canceled, and I am guessing the reasons would be different based on who the recipient of the email was.

Harsin at Boise State caught himself in some shit last week when somebody made a FOI request which yielded emails that Harsin had sent to the AD and university president urging Boise to leave the Mountain West, railing against the Mountain West Conference Commissioner, etc.

It would be very interesting for somebody to file a FOI request for all Marshall emails and texts related to the cancelation of this week's game.

Well, man up and do it. I'd personally like to witness you swallowing your pride and admitting you're wrong. You'd never live it down on here considering your persona so I highly doubt you will.

Whats comical is you dodging that question. Are we going to get an answer or is that “premium information?”

I'm too busy enjoying the fact that my team will be playing in the conference championship. I don't have time to run around chasing down the Kendall Gant's and AJ Leggett's of the world to get their take on the athletic department.

Well, man up and do it. I'd personally like to witness you swallowing your pride and admitting you're wrong.

Admitting that I am wrong about what? I haven't taken a stance other than I would guess that Marshall's reason(s), internally, for canceling the game is different than what they've presented to others. If that's not the case, then it would be very easy for you to explain this: How did a seemingly healthy team become so unhealthy a few days later that it didn't have enough players to compete, especially if very little of that was Covid related?

It's not some top secret information that you'd be disclosing. It's simply explaining how that is possible.

You'd never live it down on here considering your persona so I highly doubt you will.

Stop. You're making yourself look dumber than usual again. A guy who threatened to ban the next person who disclosed personal information, then a day later was guilty of doing what he warned against, then tried arguing that it didn't count as personal info because it wasn't gained from the Rivals sign-up procedure should refrain from claiming others won't admit when they're wrong.

I'm too busy enjoying the fact that my team will be playing in backing into the conference championship.

I don't have time to run around chasing down the Kendall Gant's and AJ Leggett's of the world to get their take on the athletic department.

If you don't have time for them, then perhaps you can chase down the past Marshall coaches and numerous other Marshall players who have voiced the same opinions as Gant and Leggett.

If you don't have time for them, then perhaps you can chase down the past Marshall coaches and numerous other Marshall players who have voiced the same opinions as Gant and Leggett.

I stay in contact with four different coaches that have coached under Doc and have nothing but tremendous things to say about him.

I always find it funny we'll quote players that have negative opinions of the staff, but then ignore the players that have nothing but good to say.

Where was Cato being critical? That facebook post? The way I read it, it came off supportive. I didn't think he was saying he should have been pulled at OHIO and Doc let him fail. I thought he was saying Doc will stick with you and let you play through it.

I'm too busy enjoying the fact that my team will be playing in the conference championship. I don't have time to run around chasing down the Kendall Gant's and AJ Leggett's of the world to get their take on the athletic department.

Once again you failed to answer a simple yes or no question. It took the same amount of time away from you “enjoying the fact that your team will be playing for a conference championship” to post that reply as it would to post a reply answering the actual question. I never mentioned anything about Kendall Gant or AJ Leggett in the question. Please try to stay on topic.

I stay in contact with four different coaches that have coached under Doc and have nothing but tremendous things to say about him.
It's no different than an office. Some employees like their boss and some hate their boss. Not all coworkers get a long either. I find it funny that people just throw logic out the window and demand/assume that in a locker room of 150 people that everyone is going to be best friends.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Once again you failed to answer a simple yes or no question. It took the same amount of time away from you “enjoying the fact that your team will be playing for a conference championship” to post that reply as it would to post a reply answering the actual question. I never mentioned anything about Kendall Gant or AJ Leggett in the question. Please try to stay on topic.

Oh......I'm on topic. It's not hard to guess where some of your "content" comes from.

Oh......I'm on topic. It's not hard to guess where some of your "content" comes from.

If your guess is current and former players (who actually think highly of the program but tell it like it is) then you are correct. So is that a yes or a no to the question at hand?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT