ADVERTISEMENT

Chase Litton

ADub4Heisman

Green Buffalo
Jan 15, 2007
Where was Chase Litton this fall? I don't think he played football anywhere.

I know he joined the team after the fall semester concluded but have no idea the rationale behind him not being on the team during the season?

Marshall coaches asked Litton to bypass Atlanta Sports Academy in September in order to permit him to enroll earlier into classes in Huntington and thus be eligible to participate in Spring football practices. Win-win deal for everybody since the young man has graduated from high school and had chosen not take the USF scholarship that would have had him attending classes in Tampa last September.

I think he was planning to drop out of HS get his GED and attend Atlanta Sports academy but he changed his mind and finished his HS credits over the summer. We grey shirted him and he has been working out with a personal trainer and a QB coach in the Tampa area all fall

Dropping out? GED? I don't recall any of that. From what I recall he was a 2014 recruit and was headed to an SEC school then got into trouble and lost several offers. LSU stuck with him and he ended up committing to USF and then decided to decommit amd ended up reclassifying as a 2015 recruit.

He was headed to Atlants Sports Academy to get stronger and try to get better offers.

Wharton quarterback Chase Litton will get another shot at the recruiting process.
The three-star senior said Tuesday that he plans to enroll at the Atlanta Sports Academy this spring to reclassify himself as a recruit for the class of 2015.

"Hopefully this time it'll be a good process," Litton said. "I feel like I have a strong supporting cast this time around."

Litton was one of Hillsborough County's top passers this fall, throwing for 13 touchdowns and almost 2,200 yards. He also rushed for 397 yards and four scores to help the Wildcats make the playoffs.

The 6-foot-6 Litton committed to USF over the summer but decommitted a month later. After initially landing offers from Florida Atlantic, Marshall and others, Litton did not sign with any program on National Signing Day last week, and he said the Atlanta prep school contacted his family Monday to see if he was interested in heading there, where he can improve his academics and athletics in time for next year's signing day.

The Atlanta Sports Academy is a prep school designed to help students get on track to pursue scholarships at four-year universities. The Spartans' 2014 schedule includes small colleges like Webber International, junior colleges and prep schools.

"I thought it was a good idea," Litton said. "It puts me in a great position for schools and for me to get bigger and better and stronger and hopefully move on."

Litton said he plans to visit the school over spring break. If it seems like a good fit, he could enroll in April.
He said his first time through the recruiting grind taught him a lot of things he'll use in the coming months.

"Be smart about what you say and who you talk to," Litton said. "Be thankful for everything that's given to you. If I'm blessed to get more offers, you always have to take them into consideration."

However, a story in the Tampa Bay Times proved to be the end that everyone was expecting. Litton spoke to Times reporter Joey Knight and said that the USF staff never made him feel like he was really a coveted member of the class. "Like, the only reason they'd talk to me is because, 'Here, try to get this guy on board, try to get this guy', when it was never, 'How you doing? We want you to come down and watch some film with us.'…" Litton said to the Times.

But it appears that was the apex of the relationship between Litton and USF. According to Josh Newberg, who covers USF football for the 247 Sports recruiting site, Litton and the USF coaches may had have some sort of a falling out during a 7-on-7 tournament held on the Bulls campus a couple of weeks ago. Litton, like many young athletes, may occasionally express a need for attention and positive reinforcement. It's clear he felt like he wasn't getting that from USF. On USF's end, the coaches probably felt like they were taking a chance on Litton and he needed to prove to them that he was serious about playing quarterback for the Bulls and being a leader.

In the end Litton believes that he deserves bigger and better than USF. It's no surprise he decommitted while visiting Florida despite the fact that it's highly unlikely the Gators will recruit him. He is attracted to the bright lights and the championship programs. He doesn't want to be part of a rebuilding process but rather a key member of a program looking to reload on talent. He has several scholarship offers and claims that an LSU offer is on paper although that claim has been widely disputed for a while now. Litton will likely try to continue to sell his potential to "big-name" programs with the hope that one of them bites.

Full Story

I remember him saying on twitter around March that he decided not to attend ASA and would re enroll into his HS with hopes to graduate over the summer then grey shirt at Marshall.

What I don't like is that I believe if you grey shirt, you can't redshirt right away.

Appears he and Birdsong are similar in some ways.

After seeing quite a few QB transfers come in and go belly up in a season on two we might be seeing Willy Corn part deaux.

Still 4 QBs in camp, may the best man win.

We also saw Eric Kresser, and that worked out quite well for us. I expect both Litton and Birdsong to make contributions to the next great chapter in Marshall football history.

Yep Kresser probably was the key to getting Chad into the NFL.
He was a brilliant addition.

Bottom line by spring game a front runner will emerge.

Like Doc says, either you have 1 guy or you have none.

Originally posted by TheGreenhouseEffect:
Appears he and Birdsong are similar in some ways.

After seeing quite a few QB transfers come in and go belly up in a season on two we might be seeing Willy Corn part deaux.

Still 4 QBs in camp, may the best man win.
You don't know what you are talking about in regards to Birdsong or Litton.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT