ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches let go (In no way is this a shot at Coach Huff) long post Tribute to guys I know

staplet8

Gold Member
Sep 17, 2002
I want to start out by stating that I know that coaches losing their jobs when a new HC is hired but I know all of these guys on a personal level. I want to just take a minute and wish them all the best. Please remember they have families just like us and these are really tough times for them and their families. These are really good men who gave their all to MU while they were here. You guys might not have liked the results week in and week out but trust me they gave MU everything they had. I will only mention a few below the 1's I interacted with on a daily basis.

I want to on a personal level tell you how much I am going to miss Coach Price the man simply loved coaching here hence the reason he stayed 9 years. Coach is funny and just a wonderful guy and a great coach. He is a great family man as well.

Coach Adkins another great man and MU grad who loves this program as much as anyone could love any program. His is a Cross Lanes native and would walk everyday with Coach Segler all over Huntington. Coach Adkins is a really good man on a personal level. His son transferred here to play baseball so this really hurts him a ton as he was looking so forward to watching his son this spring pitch for the HERD. His passion for the kids he coached shows in the way they think and care about him. You talk to anyone of our OL and I promise you this they will tell you how great Coach Adkins is. I know he will be really missed here.

Coach Baker another man who loves god and loves his kids. Coach Baker is truly a man that has done alot in football playing in the NFL while winning a national title at Florida for Urban Meyer. I would love to see him coaching at Jaqs next season with Urban. Coach Baker is the type of guy you can speak to any day and he will always give you the time to tell you about his kids and what we need to do to win. He puts everything he can into making himself a better coach.

Coach Segler who is Coach Adkins walking partner. If you are ever around Huntington during the day you have seen this man walk everywhere in town. LOL I wish I had the dedication to walk as much as this man does. He had dealt with so much on a personal level this year. His dad has dealt with illness. He really loved the area here and a true family man. Worked with our special teams and TE's and really helped Xavier develop. He works really hard on a daily basis will always give you 5 to 10 minutes to just talk about anything you want. I really hope he lands a great job somewhere as this is a very difficult time for him.

Coach Pearson is simply a great guy. You cant say a bad word about this man no matter when you are around him good or bad. He will always speak and ask you how you day is going no matter how bad his is going. A legend for the Buckeyes. He has a great spouse too who is as nice of woman as you ever want to meet. Coach Pearson brought talent that we are going to be lucky to have for years to come. We have blessed with great backs here at MU and he believed in Brenden Knox when few did. He has brought a ton of talent to Huntington and in years to come we need to look back on Coach Pearson and thank for the talent he left us before he left. I am proud to call Coach Pearson a friend.

Coach Lambert we all have different opinions that he should have been our HC or not but please that doesnt change the fact he is as good of man as you ever want to meet. I am telling you as a person and a DC you wont find anyone better. His D never let us down this year and his kids loving him look how they fought for him to be the HC. That measures volumes about him. No matter who you wanted for HC Coach LAMBO is a great man!

These are just the guys I have gotten to know all I ask is dont trash this post this is not about anything but a tribute to guys going through a rough time right now. I am not taking any shots at Coach Huff so please dont take this post that way.

Thanks!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News