ADVERTISEMENT

VIDEO Colombi to Keaton

If Henry struggles with Norfolk Sate...I'm going to buy a gallon of Pepto as it's going to be a long season.
regardless of the QB, we will need to throw the ball down the field. Defense will scheme to shut down our running game.

I defended Wells as much as anyone here. Unfortunately his performance never gained consistency and he appeared to be less and less of a leader on the field the longer the season went on. And I totally lost interest in him following his late season “concussion”.

My belief is he knew he was transferring out at that point, (some evidence he had contact with a coach at VT) and was fearful of real injury and later mailed it in during the bowl game. Good luck to him, but the first big hit he receives at VT, he’ll be out again.

I defended Wells as much as anyone here. Unfortunately his performance never gained consistency and he appeared to be less and less of a leader on the field the longer the season went on. And I totally lost interest in him following his late season “concussion”.

My belief is he knew he was transferring out at that point, (some evidence he had contact with a coach at VT) and was fearful of real injury and later mailed it in during the bowl game. Good luck to him, but the first big hit he receives at VT, he’ll be out again.
Yea. He was able to fool the medical staff into believing he had a concussion. Wow. Just wow.

Well I guess you missed the western Kentucky game
He played both half the 3rd and entire 4th against North Texas and entire second half against Charlotte. Wasted opportunity to him to gain a rhythm in case needed and if we didn't let him throw because he sucked than Fancher should have been out there.

Reactions: ohio herd
Yeah they actually watched him play, which I’m convinced 75% of the people around here didn’t do given the crap he took.

i hope he throws for 5,000 yards.
Not sure about that total number of yards, 73, but I'd like to see him chuck it for around 500+ against the Neers in Tech's Thursday night game down in B-burg versus WVU come September!! :)

Reactions: HerdFan73
Huff may go back to the portal in 23, if the right kid is out there.

In other portal news - The Doege kid that transferred to WKU from WVU, is in the portal again. If he catches on somewhere, he'll be at his 4th school in 6 years? WOW!
Yeah Jarrod (sp.) Doege, who was at Bowling Green for 2 years PRIOR to going to WVU is now in the Sun Belt Conference at Troy. Unless he moves AGAIN, we'll no doubt see him in our SBC opener down in Alabama in late September!

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Yea. He was able to fool the medical staff into believing he had a concussion. Wow. Just wow.
Im not saying one way or the other in Wells case... But if you ever played/coached contact sports, you know it's not hard to "fake" a concussion. Happens at the high school level all the time. Kid gets his bell rung, gets scared of being drilled again, comes up with a reason not to play. Tell the trainer/Dr. you have a recurring "headache" and it's another automatic week out.

Reactions: raleighherdfan
Some people...

Whats more is his inability to just admit that he'd be bitter as hell if Wells proves him wrong.

Covering his ass by saying, "I wish him well but I predict any major contact will put him on the shelf" as a means to say he'd never recognize Wells could be a legitimate P5 QB because a single hard hit would erase it all.

Im not saying one way or the other in Wells case... But if you ever played/coached contact sports, you know it's not hard to "fake" a concussion. Happens at the high school level all the time. Kid gets his bell rung, gets scared of being drilled again, comes up with a reason not to play. Tell the trainer/Dr. you have a recurring "headache" and it's another automatic week out.

Imaging a concussion doesn't exist, at best inconclusive. I would imagine MU could send him to an independent neurologist to determine one and concussions are symptom based, thus can be faked, if even suspected.
If so, then everyone involved would have to keep quiet.
Wells would have to have followed concussion protocol strictly.

Also, if he was afraid of contact at the G5 level, he's either insane or just stupid to think life is any easier at the P5 level.
My question is...why then?

Imaging a concussion doesn't exist, at best inconclusive. I would imagine MU could send him to an independent neurologist to determine one and concussions are symptom based, thus can be faked, if even suspected.
If so, then everyone involved would have to keep quiet.
Wells would have to have followed concussion protocol strictly.

Also, if he was afraid of contact at the G5 level, he's either insane or just stupid to think life is any easier at the P5 level.
My question is...why then?
Again, I don't think this happened... But the original premise from Raleigh was Wells had decided to transfer during last season (after being contacted by VT) and once he took a shot he may have "milked" the concussion to not play/take it easy and thus not risk being injured. If he made that choice, he could do it. It's not hard to extend a concussion, because like you said there is no way to 100 percent diagnose a concussion and its effects are symptom dependent.

Again, I don't think this happened... But the original premise from Raleigh was Wells had decided to transfer during last season (after being contacted by VT) and once he took a shot he may have "milked" the concussion to not play/take it easy and thus not risk being injured. If he made that choice, he could do it. It's not hard to extend a concussion, because like you said there is no way to 100 percent diagnose a concussion and its effects are symptom dependent.

When did the concussion happen again? Was it the wku game in 2021?

Unfortunately he threw some bad picks at bad times and, regardless of reason, never really recovered in many minds.
Yea. No 2nd year QBs do that. We need to stop holding young QBs to season QB standards. Does everyone forget how inconsistent Cato was through his first two seasons? A lot of people wanted him benched for AJ Graham and later Blake Frohnapfel.

I do wonder if Colombi struggles how long before he goes from hero to zero with the fans. That is one thing I have noticed over the years with our fan base his how quickly they turn on players. It didn't used to be that way.

When he exited the WKU game. Anyone that honestly believes he took himself out of that game because he had checked out is a fool. Plain and simple.

Sooo...let me get this straight:

Wells got blindsided and hit very hard in the wku game. Exits the game due to concussion protocol, which would probably take the rest of the game time to determine. Wells also had hurt ribs from the hit as I read from the HD about the game.
MU missed out on the CUSA title game, thus, going to the bowl game, where pretty much everyone either leaves or sits of of.

...and people think this was somehow dishonestly played out?

Yea. No 2nd year QBs do that. We need to stop holding young QBs to season QB standards. Does everyone forget how inconsistent Cato was through his first two seasons? A lot of people wanted him benched for AJ Graham and later Blake Frohnapfel.

I do wonder if Colombi struggles how long before he goes from hero to zero with the fans. That is one thing I have noticed over the years with our fan base his how quickly they turn on players. It didn't used to be that way.

Imagine Cole Pennington.
I'm sure this idiocy exists with other, more established fanbases, but since I really only follow Marshall football, the MU fans are in focus.

But that's why Cole, Colombi, etc., are there, in person, in reality, and on the field...and we're here...on a platform that doesn't physically exist, on the internet.

Of course once the season approaches we'll have the, "We'll win only 6 games, but I hope I'm wrong" which we all know, the posters on here would sell their daughters to prostitution before admitting they're wrong.
Thus will begin the "well, we won, but <insert some insane expectation of MU> as a justification that our win isn't really a true win."
Its all BS man...

If Colombi doesn't play well, it will be a long season. With Ali out for at least 4-6 weeks, Notre Dame game could be ugly

If Colombi doesn't play well, it will be a long season. With Ali out for at least 4-6 weeks, Notre Dame game could be ugly
Even if Ali is out six weeks... It shouldn't have much impact on our win/loss record. We should definitely still beat Norfolk State, Bowling Green and Gardner Webb with Laborn/Payne in the backfield... We are going to be a huge underdog at ND with or without Ali.... The one game it may really matter is Troy, to a point of possibly changing the outcome.

We will either be 4-1 or 3-2 when he comes back depending on the Troy game.

Reactions: bris1112

Chad. '95. Chattanooga. 6 ints. We stayed with him....thankfully.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
Remember the days when college freshmen couldn’t play varsity football? Now, freshmen are all most teams have. One year and everyone leaves for something they perceive as better.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
I can't remember how he started but I do remember there not being a lot of confidence in our backup if something happened to Chad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT