ADVERTISEMENT

MU PRESS RELEASE CUSA Conference Championship

In the immortal words of that "Great American", Bluto: "LET'S DO IT"!!

(Just think of the Blazers as being the same as those Nasty Old Germans who bombed Pearl Harbor!!!).

Can you explain how Marshall had few injuries Saturday night, then by Wednesday, they had so many injuries (non-Covid related) that they couldn't play a game a few days later?
Players come in the next day complaining of injuries all the time. Maybe they got hurt at practice no one knows since we can’t go to practice any more but it’s not so crazy to think we had injuries pop up during the week

• Haha
Reactions: HerdFan73
Players come in the next day complaining of injuries all the time. Maybe they got hurt at practice no one knows since we can’t go to practice any more but it’s not so crazy to think we had injuries pop up during the week

It's absolutely crazy to think that so many injuries (remember, non-Covid related) popped up between Saturday night and Wednesday that the team couldn't field a roster to play three days later. Then, to top it off, it's almost assured that there will be a very few number of players out from injury for this week's game.

It's absolutely crazy to think that so many injuries (remember, non-Covid related) popped up between Saturday night and Wednesday that the team couldn't field a roster to play three days later. Then, to top it off, it's almost assured that there will be a very few number of players out from injury for this week's game.
All I’m saying is that injuries pop up after the game. You of all people should know that I don’t know what’s going on in the shewey building. Is it covid? Is it injuries? Is it Comtact tracing quarantine? Is it a race riot? We don’t know but injuries and covid aren’t that crazy of a reason

Can you explain how Marshall had few injuries Saturday night, then by Wednesday, they had so many injuries (non-Covid related) that they couldn't play a game a few days later?

I am not trying to say that is or is not the case. Not the point in my comment. Mine was in reference to his comment that they had lost control of the locker room. There is nothing anywhere to confirm that. Just a lot of hearsay and assumptions by a couple people.

All I’m saying is that injuries pop up after the game. You of all people should know that I don’t know what’s going on in the shewey building. Is it covid? Is it injuries? Is it Comtact tracing quarantine? Is it a race riot? We don’t know but injuries and covid aren’t that crazy of a reason

Hamrick stated that the injuries requiring the cancellation had very little to do with being Covid related. So your questions about is it Covid or tracing have been answered by Hamrick. It's almost strictly injuries and non-Covid related. Now, do you really think injuries popped up so much and to such an extent in three days that Marshall couldn't reasonably field a roster to play three days later? Yeah, me neither, nor does anyone who isn't a Shewey sucker.

I am not trying to say that is or is not the case. Not the point in my comment. Mine was in reference to his comment that they had lost control of the locker room. There is nothing anywhere to confirm that. Just a lot of hearsay and assumptions by a couple people.

So what is your opinion? We know it isn't due to Covid. If you say that it isn't for losing control of the locker room or similar internal issues, then the only realistic answers are 1) they really did have some sort of apocalyptic injury plague in less than 72 hours or 2) they were trying to avoid having to play the other game in order to secure their East Division "championship."

Hamrick stated that the injuries requiring the cancellation had very little to do with being Covid related. So your questions about is it Covid or tracing have been answered by Hamrick. It's almost strictly injuries and non-Covid related. Now, do you really think injuries popped up so much and to such an extent in three days that Marshall couldn't reasonably field a roster to play three days later? Yeah, me neither, nor does anyone who isn't a Shewey sucker.

So what is your opinion? We know it isn't due to Covid. If you say that it isn't for losing control of the locker room or similar internal issues, then the only realistic answers are 1) they really did have some sort of apocalyptic injury plague in less than 72 hours or 2) they were trying to avoid having to play the other game in order to secure their East Division "championship."

I do not have an opinion. I do not have enough information to form one. That is my point. No one has enough information to form one. Just a lot of baseless assumptions.

I do not have an opinion. I do not have enough information to form one. That is my point. No one has enough information to form one. Just a lot of baseless assumptions.

There's plenty of information:

1) Hamrick said the cancelation was due to injuries, but very few of those were Covid related.
2) As of Saturday evening, there wasn't a rash of injuries on the team. Within 72 hours, there allegedly were enough injuries to prevent Marshall from fielding a reasonable roster three days later.
3) Common sense and football experience allows one to know that a team with a roster of 100+ players doesn't simply go from being able to play a game with almost the entire roster healthy to not being able to field a team within 72 hours.

The only reasonable explanations are:
1) Hamrick lied, and Covid related issues ravaged the team within the 72 hours after the game and by Wednesday.
2) Marshall was purposely avoiding playing the game for the main reason being it would secure the division "championship" for them by not playing.
3) Another issue that Hamrick doesn't want to respond to, which according to some in this thread, centers around a divided team and/or fight.

There's definitely plenty of information presented to know that Marshall simply didn't have an unprecedented number of injuries, non-Covid related, that prevented it from being able to play.

There's plenty of information:

1) Hamrick said the cancelation was due to injuries, but very few of those were Covid related.
2) As of Saturday evening, there wasn't a rash of injuries on the team. Within 72 hours, there allegedly were enough injuries to prevent Marshall from fielding a reasonable roster three days later.
3) Common sense and football experience allows one to know that a team with a roster of 100+ players doesn't simply go from being able to play a game with almost the entire roster healthy to not being able to field a team within 72 hours.

The only reasonable explanations are:
1) Hamrick lied, and Covid related issues ravaged the team within the 72 hours after the game and by Wednesday.
2) Marshall was purposely avoiding playing the game for the main reason being it would secure the division "championship" for them by not playing.
3) Another issue that Hamrick doesn't want to respond to, which according to some in this thread, centers around a divided team and/or fight.

There's definitely plenty of information presented to know that Marshall simply didn't have an unprecedented number of injuries, non-Covid related, that prevented it from being able to play.

We can agree to disagree.

I’m being told today that there is currently no one out due to Covid and there are very few injuries. Unless anything changes between now and Friday I expect us to be at full strength. That’s a big change from three days ago when we had so many guys injured that we couldn’t play the game.

The athletic department is never going release an injury report for anyone to have concrete proof but anyone not drunk off green kool-aid can use their context clues to know the reason they gave was not correct.

We can agree to disagree.

Why are you so scared to admit the truth? Either Marshall dodged the game on purpose even though they could have reasonably fielded a roster or it was the allegation presented in this thread?

Can you admit that the cancelation wasn't a result of non-Covid related injuries?

Why are you so scared to admit the truth? Either Marshall dodged the game on purpose even though they could have reasonably fielded a roster or it was the allegation presented in this thread?

Can you admit that the cancelation wasn't a result of non-Covid related injuries?

Not afraid of anything. Not enough information to make a valued opinion. That's all.

I usually agree with you Rifle. Hope that Hamrick and Doc are more ethical than that. Do not know anything for sure. It makes sense to accept folks at their word until evidence supports otherwise. What evidence does anyone have?

I can't fathom how there is any doubt in anyone's mind that this was the case. By not playing, Marshall not only locked up a conference championship appearance, but the right to host it as well. By declining to host Charlotte six days after a massive let-down, Marshall was able to save that overhead and instead sell tickets to a conference championship game a week later.

I'm not a fan of teams being able to do this (could you imagine a team cancelling a game due to injuries any other year?), but our conference mates have been doing it all year long, choosing when they play what games, or if they play them at all, based on their own convenience. Its an asterisk year from front to back.

But yeah, I got my ticket for Friday.

Not afraid of anything. Not enough information to make a valued opinion. That's all.

Only a Shewey sucker would use that as an excuse. What Hamrick claimed is bullshit. There is no reasonable person who would argue otherwise.

It makes sense to accept folks at their word until evidence supports otherwise. What evidence does anyone have?

If I told you that I just ran a 3.54 forty without any assistance, would you take me at my word? Of course not. It doesn't make sense to take people at their word when they claim something as far-fetched as Hamrick did, even more when there is a huge incentive for making that unreasonable claim.

What evidence does anyone have? No FBS team in memory has ever claimed that they couldn't reasonably field enough players to play a game unless they used the Covid excuse. Hamrick said it wasn't Covid related. This includes Maryland a few years ago who were down to their sixth QB and New Mexico a couple of nights ago who was down to their fifth QB. So out of 20,000+ games over the past 15 years, Marshall's game against Charlotte was the lone one to fit that narrative? Bullshit.

More evidence? Marshall didn't have a plague of injuries after the game on Saturday, but by Wednesday, they allegedly did. Yet they will have enough a week later to play, and based on common sense, I'm betting it will be almost the entire roster who played in the last game.

I'm not a fan of teams being able to do this (could you imagine a team cancelling a game due to injuries any other year?), but our conference mates have been doing it all year long, choosing when they play what games, or if they play them at all, based on their own convenience. Its an asterisk year from front to back.

It's interesting that other conferences have mandates about the number of healthy players needed for a minimum threshold. If that threshold isn't met, the team is allowed to cancel without penalty.

Want to know what, if any, C-USA's threshold is? Try emailing any of their employees. They refuse to answer a very basic question.

I usually agree with you Rifle. Hope that Hamrick and Doc are more ethical than that. Do not know anything for sure. It makes sense to accept folks at their word until evidence supports otherwise. What evidence does anyone have?

Why would Hamrick and Doc be more ethical than that? This is the third time they have been caught in the same lie. “Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.”

Only a Shewey sucker would use that as an excuse. What Hamrick claimed is bullshit. There is no reasonable person who would argue otherwise.

I am far from a Shewey sucker or kool-aid drinker. I am not arguing one point or another. Just saying there is no evidence (just pure speculation) of what you are suggesting. I am sure you will come back with something to try and prove your point over me with the way you like to argue and word smith things. That is fine, it is no skin off my back. But I am not going to get in a back and forth with you that will serve no purpose. Have at it.

I am far from a Shewey sucker or kool-aid drinker. I am not arguing one point or another. Just saying there is no evidence (just pure speculation) of what you are suggesting. I am sure you will come back with something to try and prove your point over me with the way you like to argue and word smith things. That is fine, it is no skin off my back. But I am not going to get in a back and forth with you that will serve no purpose. Have at it.

I, like everyone else, am just guessing as to the Charlotte cancellation. Here is my guess. "Not enough available players" is not a pure percentage of the entire team equation. It is likely a single position group. We were down 2 starters on the OL for Rice. That did not turn out well. My guess is that we had 3-4 players banged up on the OL. Add in a player or two on the line with contact tracing issues, and we are going into a game significantly short handed on the OL. Can we put together a team in any other year? My guess is yes. But Charlotte cancelled the game on us earlier. How many players were they down? Do we know? Did they make a herculean effort to play short handed or did they avail themselves of the generous cancellation policy?

Perhaps we were staring down the barrel of a short handed game at a key position and thought "why are we putting ourselves out there when our opponent did not extend the same courtesy a few weeks ago?" So we return the favor and cancel. It worked out and now we play for the title at full strength. I don't love that it happened, but it seems in 95% of cases this season, that is the standard that has been set, including by Charlotte. Now we are healthy and we will win.

I, like everyone else, am just guessing as to the Charlotte cancellation. Here is my guess. "Not enough available players" is not a pure percentage of the entire team equation. It is likely a single position group. We were down 2 starters on the OL for Rice. That did not turn out well. My guess is that we had 3-4 players banged up on the OL. Add in a player or two on the line with contact tracing issues, and we are going into a game significantly short handed on the OL. Can we put together a team in any other year? My guess is yes. But Charlotte cancelled the game on us earlier. How many players were they down? Do we know? Did they make a herculean effort to play short handed or did they avail themselves of the generous cancellation policy?

So based on your scenario, Marshall would be down 5-6 OL players including the Covid related.

Marshall should have 15-20 OL on scholarship. That leaves a full two-deep (possibly a three-deep),not counting walk-ons, to play one game.

As I have said, if Marshall truly had a non-Covid injury issue preventing them from being able to reasonably field a team, they'd be the first FBS team in modern history to have that.

I’ll dip my toe in the water: Who the hell cares? The horse is dead and arrived at the glue factory this afternoon. I stand for all of the kool-aid drinkers and say on to the kick off!! Go Herd.

• Haha
I’ll dip my toe in the water: Who the hell cares? The horse is dead and arrived at the glue factory this afternoon. I stand for all of the kool-aid drinkers and say on to the kick off!! Go Herd.

Who the hell cares? Well, you were the one crying about other teams canceling previously in the season. So now that Marshall does it, you don't care? Are you familiar with the definition of "hypocrite," hypocrite?

Why else? It's hard to support a program who purposely strips the joy from its fans by taking away an opportunity to see them play. It's a blatant lie out of Shewey to Marshall fans. It's cowardly. Instead of proving they deserve to be champions after getting the shit kicked out of them by a bad football program, they hide and have no concern about backing into a "championship" game.

It's hard to feel good supporting a program like that, but if you don't mind being exposed as a hypocrite, don't mind supporting a program who lies to you, don't mind supporting cowards, don't mind supporting a program who takes away your joy of following them by canceling a game, and don't care about having having the opposite motto of "anybody, anywhere, anytime," then hey, don't care. For those of us with a backbone, we will continue to care about those things.

I can't fathom how there is any doubt in anyone's mind that this was the case. By not playing, Marshall not only locked up a conference championship appearance, but the right to host it as well. By declining to host Charlotte six days after a massive let-down, Marshall was able to save that overhead and instead sell tickets to a conference championship game a week later.

But yeah, I got my ticket for Friday.

I don’t know why this is so hard for people to accept.

We dodged this game. Debate the ethics, or not. Given FAUs loss, debate whether or not it matters.

But if it was COViD, they would have just said it. There’s literally no reason not to say it when Covid is the most believable, excusable justification.

So, like you, I’ll be at the game Friday and hoping we pull down another ship. I don’t like how the last two weeks have played out, but I’ll move on and keep pulling for the Herd.

But some on this board need to stop letting the AD insult your intelligence, I know most of the posters here are smarter than that. This isn’t a WVU board.

Last edited:
Please tell me what evidence you have. I can certainly be convinced!
A current player and former player, who is still involved with the program, both told me the same story about a fight and some problems in the locker room. That is my evidence. I have been right about 2 other instances where the athletic department said players were “injured” but they were really suspended. Players were the source of that information too. The kool-aid drinkers dismissed all of that information too until it proved to be true.

Let's see, from this thread can anyone guess who never, ever got a whiff of a sniff when it came to a chance to land a coaching position with the MU football program under Doc and Hamrick??

• Haha
Reactions: W-S HerdFan
A current player and former player, who is still involved with the program, both told me the same story about a fight and some problems in the locker room. That is my evidence. I have been right about 2 other instances where the athletic department said players were “injured” but they were really suspended. Players were the source of that information too. The kool-aid drinkers dismissed all of that information too until it proved to be true.
Fights and arguments happen all the time. Saint Bob Pruetts last year we had fights on the bus rides.

Fights and arguments happen all the time. Saint Bob Pruetts last year we had fights on the bus rides.
And on the sideline of the bowl game, on live TV. That team almost beat #9 Ohio State and hung close with #3 Georgia in consecutive weeks, but finished 6-6 and out of the MAC race.

Saw a lot of fights on the sidelines in 2016, too. Two years separated from a league crown and we go 3-9, capped off with the worst home loss in Marshall history, and mostly because our team imploded on itself.

Hell, not even Marshall - WVU in 2012 was poised for a Big 12 title and some major national stroke, they go 5-0 and get all the way up to 5th in the country before Geno Smith and Steadman Bailey get into an argument over a girl and stop talking. They finished 7-6.

I agree with you fights between teammates happen all the time, but there's certainly a range of severity to consider, and the effects can be catastrophic.

A fight in the locker room may be more troublesome in today's racial environment if it was between races. Hope that was not the case. Something affected the overall team morale and competitiveness. If the team shows up unprepared again on Friday, we can suspect there is something deeper going on with team chemistry.

A fight in the locker room may be more troublesome in today's racial environment if it was between races. Hope that was not the case. Something affected the overall team morale and competitiveness. If the team shows up unprepared again on Friday, we can suspect there is something deeper going on with team chemistry.
Not everything is racist or race related.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT