ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING Derek Pitts

Not saying you're right or wrong, but I'm curious as to why you feel that way.

A combination of him being new to the program and the players we already have on campus being better than people are giving them credit for.

I realize he bears the rub of Projected P5 Starter, but that Mountaineer secondary is getting lit TF up this year. Seriously, Amnesty International will be on the sideline in Morgantown by Halloween. Pitts isn't so much a transfer as a refugee.

A combination of him being new to the program and the players we already have on campus being better than people are giving them credit for.

I realize he bears the rub of Projected P5 Starter, but that Mountaineer secondary is getting lit TF up this year. Seriously, Amnesty International will be on the sideline in Morgantown by Halloween. Pitts isn't so much a transfer as a refugee.

That's an interesting take to say the least.

I don't know if you wear glasses or not, but you were definitely peering down from above your rims typing that one.

I mean, I just don't really know how you can make that assessment.

Do you go to practice? Have you seen him first-hand?

I'm not trying to be a smart ass....just curious.

Maybe he isn't the starter in Week 1, as many will get playing time, but I'd expect he's the starter when the team takes the field at Boise.

Yes - he spent the last two years playing football for a team whose games sometimes appear on TV in the market I live in.

So you're basing his ability off what he did at another school?

If that theory holds, then you probably assumed Tyre Brady wasn't going to amount to much at Marshall either then. I mean, he only saw action in 4 game at Miami and finished with nine receptions for 112 yards and a touchdown.

And you didn't answer my question. Have you attended practice this fall?

Reactions: Aaron Perkins

lol... no doubt he defected because he was too good..

That last paragraph is a belly laugh.

lol... no doubt he defected because he was too good..

Pitts didn't leave Morganhole because he was chasing PT. There were several factors that lead to him deciding to leave. He was was contemplating following Holgorsen to Houston. I had heard that from a family member well before he officially decided to transfer. I was surprised when I heard he was coming here.

Reactions: Aaron Perkins
So you're basing his ability off what he did at another school?

Yup.

If that theory [that I do not have] holds, then you probably assumed [I didn't] Tyre Brady wasn't going to amount to much at Marshall either then.

Nope. I thought he would be very good for us because of his combination of size and speed, and because C-USA defensive backfields are usually made up of river debris and sticks bundled together with twine into shapes vaguely resembling a pass defense.

And you didn't answer my question. Have you attended practice this fall?

Haven't been West past Barboursville since July.

Pitts’ decision to leave WVU had NOTHING to do with the coaching change.

Well, indirectly speaking anyways.
I don't know what you mean by "indirectly speaking", but there was no indication that Pitts would transfer from WVU if Dana Holgorsen remained as coach. Pitts' interactions with the new staff didn't go well.

Reactions: rjpeal
I don't know what you mean by "indirectly speaking", but there was no indication that Pitts would transfer from WVU if Dana Holgorsen remained as coach. Pitts' interactions with the new staff didn't go well.

That’s not entirely true.

Seems like there are some that give you and the other moderators a lot of grief. Know that I appreciate yours and the other moderators information and opinions. Keep up the good work.

It is what it is, but thanks man!

We all know that no person in their right mind would leave the land of milk and honey on the banks of the Mon.

Pitts didn't leave Morganhole because he was chasing PT. There were several factors that lead to him deciding to leave. He was was contemplating following Holgorsen to Houston. I had heard that from a family member well before he officially decided to transfer. I was surprised when I heard he was coming here.

Yes..... I know. I was being sarcastic

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
It indirectly does, but that’s it. Pitts ultimately left for other reasons.

You obviously aren’t clued in like you think you are if that’s what you are going with. Also, lol at you acting like a WVU administrator, current or former, would divulge inside information to you.

You obviously aren’t clued in like you think you are if that’s what you are going with. Also, lol at you acting like a WVU administrator, current or former, would divulge inside information to you.

Well, that administrator has been a long time family friend sooooo.......yeah, I do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT