ADVERTISEMENT

Enjoy your Bud Light

Where’s that all-American self sufficiency? When I want a beer I walk over to the kegerator in my living room and drink something I made. Who lost their masculinity now?
wait, you put your own beer in a keg and keep it in yore living room?

survey-says-1x8nlx.jpg

wait, you put your own beer in a keg and keep it in yore living room?

survey-says-1x8nlx.jpg
Good catch. I think he considered picking out which keg of fruit-infused IPA as being "his own beer."

And clearly he's never actually tried brewing his own beer. Yeah you can get the little box kit from Walmart that is good for 4-6 bottles, but brewing consistent batches requires a lot of space and equipment for it to turn out worth a shit.

Reactions: Jartard
Yes, I have a three tap kegerator next to my two TV set up.
I'm showing your post to my old lady. Been wanting my two tap kegerator up next to me by the couch for years now. But, whether your post is pure unadulterated bullshit or not, it did serve to remind me to order a cooling tower for my kegerator, with hopes of eliminating foam issues.

I'm showing your post to my old lady. Been wanting my two tap kegerator up next to me by the couch for years now. But, whether your post is pure unadulterated bullshit or not, it did serve to remind me to order a cooling tower for my kegerator, with hopes of eliminating foam issues.
Now I’m sure I’ll regret this as everyone picks apart my non-luxury laminate flooring, but just in case you need to prove it to her

Now I’m sure I’ll regret this as everyone picks apart my non-luxury laminate flooring, but just in case you need to prove it to her
I'd say with that Donald Duck thing on your mantle, and the cute bunny sign on the door handle of the kegerator are bigger issues than your flooring. Not saying you're gay, but you might be.

Look, I'm as much of a fan of TVs as anyone, but damn you've got 3 all in one room 😂

Plus, I have a similar issue with the one above my fireplace. The mantle and stone work come up too high so the big screen has to be tilted down hard for viewing.

I hate it, tbh. You have to look up at the screen like sitting too close in the theaters. I should have gotten a mount that allows the TV to be pulled away from the wall and down when viewing.

Look, I'm as much of a fan of TVs as anyone, but damn you've got 3 all in one room 😂

Plus, I have a similar issue with the one above my fireplace. The mantle and stone work come up too high so the big screen has to be tilted down hard for viewing.

I hate it, tbh. You have to look up at the screen like sitting too close in the theaters. I should have gotten a mount that allows the TV to be pulled away from the wall and down when viewing.
It’s just 2. The thing I think you’re thinking is the third in the top left is just a picture. And yeah, had to tilt it down but it works well enough for a secondary TV. That one is above a fireplace too, you just can’t see it due to the whiteboard. The living room extends back enough that it isn’t really a problem.

Cheap American beer used to be iconic.
Surprise, motherfvcker: Bud isn't owned by Americans.

Let me tell you some history: American lagers and pilsners used to be plentiful and varied. Prohibition fvcked that up, and then after it was repealed many of the local breweries tried to make a comeback. During WWII, large Anheuser-Busch started to ramp up production and squeeze out the local and regional beers. A lot of this was done with payola, lobbying of legislators to make things hard on the regionals, buying out small brewers, etc. Not only was AB large, but they used cheaper ingredients so they had the money to monopolize. It's a goddamn miracle Coors, Pabst, and some others survived.

Now, many people like you think craft breweries only make pale ales, stouts, "fancy beers". Not true! Many make very good pilsners and lagers. I drink the shit out of this when I want an "American" beer.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1199/308813/

Does it have a little more flavor, a little more pronounced hops? Goddamn right it does. That's how American beer used to be.

Others are buying the names and recipes of the old regional beers and bringing them back.

Falls City is now the pre-prohibition recipe, not that shit that was around when we were young.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/22779/348303/

This is a classic Indiana beer, now brewed by Upland (love those guys). Great lawnmower and cookout beer.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1170/93587/

Surely to God there are beers like this in North Carolina. Stop being a lazy bastard and buying that giant corporate and foreign owned beer. Bud, Coors, Miller, all owned by the foreigners. Pabst is still American, thank God.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
I drank a couple of the Upland lagers you posted, assuming it's the one I think it is (can't pull that site up on work computer, as it's blocked). Like you said, decent beer to have on a hot day after working in the yard, but not quite hoppy enough for me to drink all afternoon into the evening. It packs a little punch though, as I believe it's over 5 percent if I can recall. The Upland IPA though is probably my favorite brew made in Indiana. That or the pale ale (that's damn near an IPA) made by Three Floyds. I have 3 six packs of the Dragon Fly in the fridge right now, and just waiting for May to arrive, when my 4 months of no alcohol ends.

Let me tell you some history: American lagers and pilsners used to be plentiful and varied. Prohibition fvcked that up, and then after it was repealed many of the local breweries tried to make a comeback. During WWII, large Anheuser-Busch started to ramp up production and squeeze out the local and regional beers. A lot of this was done with payola, lobbying of legislators to make things hard on the regionals, buying out small brewers, etc. Not only was AB large, but they used cheaper ingredients so they had the money to monopolize. It's a goddamn miracle Coors, Pabst, and some others survived.

Now, many people like you think craft breweries only make pale ales, stouts, "fancy beers". Not true! Many make very good pilsners and lagers. I drink the shit out of this when I want an "American" beer.

Does it have a little more flavor, a little more pronounced hops? Goddamn right it does. That's how American beer used to be.

Others are buying the names and recipes of the old regional beers and bringing them back.

Falls City is now the pre-prohibition recipe, not that shit that was around when we were young.

This is a classic Indiana beer, now brewed by Upland (love those guys). Great lawnmower and cookout beer.

Surely to God there are beers like this in North Carolina. Stop being a lazy bastard and buying that giant corporate and foreign owned beer. Bud, Coors, Miller, all owned by the foreigners. Pabst is still American, thank God.
I know they sold out long ago. The good thing about the simplistic beer is you can go anywhere and find it. Stop in and get the beer. 300 miles from home. Same beer.

I am on vacation. They all sold out.

Miller too. Oh well.

What is a man to drink. I just the 20 plus year Olds order for Me now.

I drank a couple of the Upland lagers you posted, assuming it's the one I think it is (can't pull that site up on work computer, as it's blocked). Like you said, decent beer to have on a hot day after working in the yard, but not quite hoppy enough for me to drink all afternoon into the evening. It packs a little punch though, as I believe it's over 5 percent if I can recall. The Upland IPA though is probably my favorite brew made in Indiana. That or the pale ale (that's damn near an IPA) made by Three Floyds. I have 3 six packs of the Dragon Fly in the fridge right now, and just waiting for May to arrive, when my 4 months of no alcohol ends.
Yeah, that Champagne Velvet is 5.5% ABV.

The good thing about the simplistic beer is you can go anywhere and find it. Stop in and get the beer. 300 miles from home. Same beer.
That in a nutshell is what sucks about travel in America.

Same fast food joints at every exit, in every town. Corporate hegemony.

It shouldn't take extra effort to experience what makes America diverse and interesting.

Reactions: mlblack16.
That in a nutshell is what sucks about travel in America.

It shouldn't take extra effort to experience what makes America diverse and interesting.
I can find me a beer I like pretty much ANYWHERE I go. I like trying out other provider's recipes. Not to mention, if I'm traveling more than an hour away from home, I'm packing a cooler just for insurance purposes. That paid dividends recently when I found myself in a dry county. People would be surprised to know even redneck as you can get Kentucky has more than a dozen dry counties, and Arkansas I believe has maybe 15 or 20. I think most of the states that still have dry counties are located down in the Bible Belt.

I can find me a beer I like pretty much ANYWHERE I go.
Recently I have been in some small towns where the place to get cold beer is the Casey's or Pete's or some other gas station, and find nothing but corporate adjuncts in the cooler. Sure, you could drive to a slightly bigger town and do better, but I am telling you things get boring out on the Plains.

People would be surprised to know even redneck as you can get Kentucky has more than a dozen dry counties,
For a year I lived in western KY in a dry county. My landlord was the mayor (I lived in the house he grew up in), and he was my bootlegger lol.

I like this beer pretty well.

https://braxtonbrewing.com/products/copy-of-garage-beer-6-pack

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Years ago, I rented a beach house along with married college friends who had two preschool age boys. After driving eight hours to our destination, the boys begged their parents to stop at McDonald’s.

Like I really wanted to drive all day to a resort town full of seafood restaurants to eat a damned Happy Meal.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
Years ago, I rented a beach house along with married college friends who had two preschool age boys. After driving eight hours to our destination, the boys begged their parents to stop at McDonald’s.

Like I really wanted to drive all day to a resort town full of seafood restaurants to eat a damned Happy Meal.
And even if the kids just wanted a cheeseburger, why McDonald's? Well, because every American small town used to have a great little burger shack, and then McDonald's invaded every American small town and most of those places died off. Which is ironic, as McDonald's started off as one of those great little burger shacks and then Ray Kroc screwed the guys who founded it and killed its soul.

I bought a PS5 last year. I turned it on one single time and never used it again. Sold it last week for $450. What games should I have tried on it?

And I love how bright republicans are:

I have a friend up here, not sure of his political affiliation, but he's been on a week long crusade (on Facebook) getting on everybody else to get rid of their Bud/Bud Light, and to no longer drink it, while at the same time, suggesting everyone switch to Michelob.

I have a friend up here, not sure of his political affiliation, but he's been on a week long crusade (on Facebook) getting on everybody else to get rid of their Bud/Bud Light, and to no longer drink it, while at the same time, suggesting everyone switch to Michelob.
who is not woke anymore? AB seems to own 27, 699 beers. Is Miller wok? Coors? Yuengling? PBR? Had a young bartender tell me try a Shock Top. Drank it. Guess what? AB ownser them and you get a orange peel with it.

How about the whiskey makers? I switched to whiskey on vacation last week but, they tell me I get too crazy when I drink it. Are the woke? I just said hell with it and ordered Jack Shots.

Everybody is woke.

I bought a PS5 last year. I turned it on one single time and never used it again. Sold it last week for $450. What games should I have tried on it?

how did it fail? I saw the post at the time. He said he is going to throw out every Bud Light can in his fridge. He opens the fridge and doesn't have any Bud Light to thow out. Like saying, "I don't drink Bud Light anyway." He did toss any of it out because he didn't have any to start with.

Yes, he had other AB Products, but not Bud Light. He was like making a slam towards Bud Light as in he doesn't drink it to start with.

His post even says when you go to Boycott Bud Light but you don't evend drink it to start with.

Maybe Liberals are the dumb ones.

who is not woke anymore? AB seems to own 27, 699 beers. Is Miller wok? Coors? Yuengling? PBR? Had a young bartender tell me try a Shock Top. Drank it. Guess what? AB ownser them and you get a orange peel with it.

How about the whiskey makers? I switched to whiskey on vacation last week but, they tell me I get too crazy when I drink it. Are the woke? I just said hell with it and ordered Jack Shots.

Everybody is woke.
Correct. Everybody is woke, and taking a knee to the extremely small percentage of people that are sick weirdos, and disgusting individuals. You can go ahead and save what I'm about to say, but it won't be long before all these hippies that own a lot of these small breweries begin to also put queers on cans, and put the rainbow flag on them. You can't get away from this nonsense. Might as well drink what you like the best, and just come to the realization that the liberals have ruined America. No sense in allowing them to also ruin what you like personally when it comes to booze. If some queer wants to dress like an old lady, then more power to him, as long as it doesn't impact me in any way. If that old lady tries to play grabass with me at the bar, then I'll give her five minutes to cut that shit out.

Correct. Everybody is woke, and taking a knee to the extremely small percentage of people that are sick weirdos, and disgusting individuals. You can go ahead and save what I'm about to say, but it won't be long before all these hippies that own a lot of these small breweries begin to also put queers on cans, and put the rainbow flag on them. You can't get away from this nonsense. Might as well drink what you like the best, and just come to the realization that the liberals have ruined America. No sense in allowing them to also ruin what you like personally when it comes to booze. If some queer wants to dress like an old lady, then more power to him, as long as it doesn't impact me in any way. If that old lady tries to play grabass with me at the bar, then I'll give her five minutes to cut that shit out.
You are probably right.

The Chinks are going to take over and not even have to fire a shot. One day, they will just march right down Pennsylvania Avenue with tanks and we will have rainbow flags and a tranny on our beer cans. They will just walk right in.

These damn people have ruined America catering to a sick bunch of weirdos, pinkos, fruit cakes, and commies. Just cave in and what the hell for?

Reactions: 19MU88

Probably none and just continue your big business jet setting lifestyle. They’re a waste of time.

That being said, Horizon Forbidden West is good if you like massive open world games. I play a lot of GT7. The newest NBA 2K game has a cool Eras thing where you can start a franchise back in the 80s or 90s with accurate starting rosters. The Show is always good if you want a baseball game. Spider-Man Miles Morales was a lot of fun if you like superhero stuff.

This boycott against AB will be about as effective long term, as the one against the Dixie Chicks when God forbid they spoke out against the Iraq War.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT