ADVERTISEMENT

F*ck Petrino

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huntington is dump.

Louisville is turning into a mini-Chicago, and thugs carjack and rape women within a block of your campus. Your disgraced president is a crook, you had a Dean go to prison, and you might lose your accreditation because your governor (from Louisville) is an idiot...oh and if you lose accreditation your players' grades won't count and every sport will have to forfeit this season. Your football coach is a scumbag, your basketball coach is a scumbag, your basketball program ran underage prostitutes through Minardi Hall, you just had an ex star player arrested for robbing hotels at gunpoint...again, he's his own crime spree, and your defensive star is a woman beater.

Honestly, if Stoops did knock up a student and gets fired you all should hire him...he would fit right in.

Louisville is turning into a mini-Chicago, and thugs carjack and rape women within a block of your campus. Your disgraced president is a crook, you had a Dean go to prison, and you might lose your accreditation because your governor (from Louisville) is an idiot...oh and if you lose accreditation your players' grades won't count and every sport will have to forfeit this season. Your football coach is a scumbag, your basketball coach is a scumbag, your basketball program ran underage prostitutes through Minardi Hall, you just had an ex star player arrested for robbing hotels at gunpoint...again, he's his own crime spree, and your defensive star is a woman beater.

Honestly, if Stoops did knock up a student and gets fired you all should hire him...he would fit right in.
Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

4 of the last 5, and 5 of the last 14. LMAO. The score was 52-7 before we sub'd our scrubs in on defense and you started scoring. Are you guys even second fiddle after WVU? Or is there another shithole that we don't know about? Nobody said we were Ohio State, but at least we are here. As in arrived. You can't turn on ESPN without hearing about us. But hey, good effort. I wish we would have punched in that last TD instead of showing mercy on you bitches. Enjoy the rest of our season from the land of misfits. You should be thanking us that you got to be in our spotlight for a few hours. Ungrateful turds. Nobody outside of hilljack, WV will see another one of your mid major games the rest of the year

We scored on 1st and 2nd D buddy, as I had a Card fan telling me about #25 and his NFL potential in the 4th quarter as he also received a penalty, nice try though

Do your homework junior. Louisville basketball is the #6 All Time program on anybody's list. Team of the 80's. We have matched UK in final fours and titles in my 4 decades of living. We have more Final Four trips than all your pathetic sports combined. Lemme know when you make a tournament or a relevant bowl game. You see only at Louisville can you win a national title in basketball, then turn around and curb stomp #3 Florida in the Sugar Bowl. Something you will never experience in your entire pathetic meaningless life

Hold on Mr. "I live vicariously through U of L athletics"...when the hell did YOU experience winning a national title in CBB and then kick off your tennis shoes and lace up your cleats to take on the gators? If your fan experience gave you ultimate meaning to your life then I say it's time to see a counselor pal and we now have an answer as to why you are here after a W. Piss off

Classless = Looserville. It's about time Looserville beat the Herd. Karma will bite your cardinals chicken ass!

First of all thanks for the hospitality at the game and tailgating and a great time at Fat Patty's. But the reason Petrino did that was because of the cheap shots and the terribly ass officiating. If you want to move up on the football chain, you will have to come with better officiating. That crew was fricking terrible.
Those were ACC officials!

Friday-Meme-Damn-01.jpg

Do your homework junior. Louisville basketball is the #6 All Time program on anybody's list. Team of the 80's. We have matched UK in final fours and titles in my 4 decades of living. We have more Final Four trips than all your pathetic sports combined. Lemme know when you make a tournament or a relevant bowl game. You see only at Louisville can you win a national title in basketball, then turn around and curb stomp #3 Florida in the Sugar Bowl. Something you will never experience in your entire pathetic meaningless life

LMAO. Not on my list.

Funny thing about the UofL fans in this thread ... I've been a member over at cardinalsports.com for about 15 years now, and I recognize valley st card. Everybody else I have not seen at uofl's board before.

So basically it's me and valley carrying on a civil conversation with herd fans in this thread and everyone else calling Marshall every name in the book ... on Marshall's board!

While I realize that the OP was a Marshall fan who started with the obscenities, he was venting his frustration on his own board. UofL fans need to be a little smarter about these facts.

Valley did have one thing wrong - those were ACC officials. I recognize the referee from other ACC games.

We scored on 1st and 2nd D buddy, as I had a Card fan telling me about #25 and his NFL potential in the 4th quarter as he also received a penalty, nice try though

At 52-7, we subbed out #92 Devonte Fields (ESPNs #2 rated OLB for next year's NFL draft) and also #55 ILB Keith Kelsey, who calls the defense. They were done for the night. On your TD to get to 52-14, Kelsey's understudy (#32 Stacey Thomas) was directing a backup linebacker on where he needed to be and as a result was late to cover your running back in the flat. The RB did make a great play to break a tackle near the goal line for the score.

Most everybody else was either 1st or 2nd string, but Kelsey and Fields are the true superstars of the defense (Harvey-Clemons being a distant 3rd).

It sure seems like the couple of "UofL" posters on here are indeed Kentucky fans posing. They like to come to our opponents boards and try to make us Louisville fans look bad. They are just as bad as the WVU fans you guys encounter on a daily basis.

Reality:

- UL has a nice team. This is the first nice team UL has ever had. It is not Alabama. It is not even Vanderbilt.

- All of this harping about "cheap shots" and what banners said is just a product of the fact that UL's football program has a 5 minute history. This is how football works. You probably should stick to basketball.

- In Jefferson County, it is maybe 60-40 blue over red. In the entire rest of Kentucky, UL has 4 fans.

- There are major systemic problems at UL athletics (both major coaches are ethically challenged, YUM Center is a white elephant that the commonwealth is on the hook for, and, most importantly, UL is just maxed on on its fanbase - UK people are going to remain UK people - and that fan base (way bigger than MU's so don't play that card) is not as big as most P5 schools' )

- UL fans are a bit delusional. Take a picture. In a few years, this crew will be gone, and you will be losing to Duke and NC State and like that. In basketball, probation (again) is coming.

- UL has major systemic problems as a school, which Raoul aluded to. Fact is, like WV, Kentucky has been funding the whole state off the part that mines the coal, and coal is becoming illegal. The state government is eventually going to have to make major cuts, and the place to cut is UL. The fact is the rest of Kentucky views the city as if it isn't even in the state. A foreign place.

- All that said, most UL fans I met were nice enough. The posters here probably could not pass a 40 question quiz on the rules or history of football.

Reality:

- UL has a nice team. This is the first nice team UL has ever had. It is not Alabama. It is not even Vanderbilt.

- All of this harping about "cheap shots" and what banners said is just a product of the fact that UL's football program has a 5 minute history. This is how football works. You probably should stick to basketball.

- In Jefferson County, it is maybe 60-40 blue over red. In the entire rest of Kentucky, UL has 4 fans.

- There are major systemic problems at UL athletics (both major coaches are ethically challenged, YUM Center is a white elephant that the commonwealth is on the hook for, and, most importantly, UL is just maxed on on its fanbase - UK people are going to remain UK people - and that fan base (way bigger than MU's so don't play that card) is not as big as most P5 schools' )

- UL fans are a bit delusional. Take a picture. In a few years, this crew will be gone, and you will be losing to Duke and NC State and like that. In basketball, probation (again) is coming.

- UL has major systemic problems as a school, which Raoul aluded to. Fact is, like WV, Kentucky has been funding the whole state off the part that mines the coal, and coal is becoming illegal. The state government is eventually going to have to make major cuts, and the place to cut is UL. The fact is the rest of Kentucky views the city as if it isn't even in the state. A foreign place.

- All that said, most UL fans I met were nice enough. The posters here probably could not pass a 40 question quiz on the rules or history of football.

This is pretty funny. Thanks for sharing. I could go point by point, but I will spare the rest of the people in this thread the details. The only one I will comment on is the notion that "UK people will remain UK people". Since 1997, UofL football has expanded its stadium from 35,000, to 42,000, to 55,000 and in two years will be at 65,000. Meanwhile, UK just last year downsized its stadium from 67,000 to 62,000. It is very clear that some UK people are becoming UofL football fans.

Like I said, one of the worst cases of Little Brother I have seen. Right up there with East Carolina's and Georgia Tech's.

The real...whatever is his name is a typical uk fan. Jefferson County is not 60% blue. A bluegrass poll proved that 65% were Louisville fans, 25% uk fans and 10% were other or none. College license plates sold also verified with similar results. Uk basketball used to schedule 1 home game a year to be played in Louisville. Back in their hay day uk used to sell out freedom hall. In the last 20 years, they struggled to fill half of the arena and uk cancelled the annual game due to lack of interest.

Enough of this running one another down. See my post under "Louisville Fans."

Look, you guys have a Heisman candidate -- he hasn't won it yet, We've had three finalists invited to New York. I honestly hope that he wins it and that the Cards make the playoff.

The last time we played, we beat your beloved Teddy Bridgewater with an equally young quarterback who is now playing in the CFL. At one time a couple of years ago, the Herd had 26 players in the NFL and during a four-year stretch in recent years, two of every four playoff finalists had a starter from Marshall.

In talking with your fine fans, I was surprised to learn that not many of them are planning to make the trip to Clemson. When we went down there and beat them with Chad Pennington, we took 15,000!

I

That's odd, at Clemson tickets went as quick as a snap of the finger. We took abot 15,000 2 yrs ago. Expect the same this weekend

Wait I just realized I'm sitting here smacking around a bunch of nobody's when CGD is about to put our game in the national spotlight for the second time in 3 weeks. Lemme know when they put Marsha on the list of towns.

As far as this discussion goes ... CGD stands for Couldn't Give a Damn...

**** your thug players. Your players were taking late cheap shots all game and we're OBVIOUSLY out to injure. Dont worry you won't be on our schedule again. Thanks for the easy W. It was fun wiping our ass with your pansy squad.
GO F yourself you piece of shit, your players were the no good dirty MFer's out there taking cheat shots in the game and making thuggish comments to players throughout the game. Your fine, upstanding, future prison inmate players were making comments about shooting some of our players, etc. I expect more from a group of college players than that, but they are just a reflection of their Head Coach.

Your team is full of thugs whose sole purpose last night was to injure as many Louisville players as possible, they deserved a lot worse than to have the score run up on them.

Go ahead and ban me, I don't give a ****. I never want to see Marshall on our schedule ever again. Your coaches are classless. Your players are classless. Your fans are classless. I hope your program rots in CUSA forever after what I saw last night. I'm truly disgusted.

GO F yourself you piece of shit, your players were the no good dirty MFer's out there taking cheat shots in the game and making thuggish comments to players throughout the game. Your fine, upstanding, future prison inmate players were making comments about shooting some of our players, etc. I expect more from a group of college players than that, but they are just a reflection of their Head Coach. By the way, I hope you die a painful death.

First of all thanks for the hospitality at the game and tailgating and a great time at Fat Patty's. But the reason Petrino did that was because of the cheap shots and the terribly ass officiating. If you want to move up on the football chain, you will have to come with better officiating. That crew was fricking terrible.

Umm, it was an ACC crew.

GO F yourself you piece of shit, your players were the no good dirty MFer's out there taking cheat shots in the game and making thuggish comments to players throughout the game. Your fine, upstanding, future prison inmate players were making comments about shooting some of our players, etc. I expect more from a group of college players than that, but they are just a reflection of their Head Coach.

Your thug players were flashing gang signs and celebrating when they got flagged for personal fouls.

I'd be ashamed to call myself a Marshall fan. That was the worst display of sportsmanship I've seen in 20+ years of watching college football. If I ever see Marshall on our schedule again I'm going to puke.

Those were gang signs, the signs they were making were team acronyms for Marshall etc. By the way, your players were the no good dirty MFer's out there taking cheat shots in the game and making thuggish comments to players throughout the game. Your fine, upstanding, future prison inmate players were making comments about shooting some of our players, etc. I expect more from a group of college players than that, but they are just a reflection of their Head Coach.

You won 4 in a row!!! Neat! And went 1-13 before that. Enjoy mediocrity while we continue our rise to the top. We've given you enough of our time and presence here. You and the other 8 fans have a great season.
You better hope the police don't search your team bus, otherwise you might be playing with walk-ons considering your players kept saying they were going to go get their guns out of their bags and shoot our players for playing football.

There's a difference between playing physical and deliberately trying to injure opposing players.

The refs let your shit team play prison yard football through the first quarter before they decided to start throwing flags. That thug with the dreadlocks who got called for targeting on the punt return was jumping up and down and celebrating, acting like he'd just made the play of the season.

**** that guy and **** your program, have fun struggling to make a bowl game against your piss easy schedule.
Clean hit on your player that wasn't injured on the play. Maybe he should have called a fair catch. Your the one with thug players, not us.

- "Probably top 15? Thanks, that's generous
- Alabama would wax them by 30? Maybe...we might get to find out in January.
- Louisville is in their 3rd full year of ACC play and had the youngest team in the country last year. This roster was not recruited to the AAC and certainly not the Big East.
- Lots of gaps? FSU couldn't exploit them and those same gaps basically held Marshall scoreless the entire first half and this was even considering the fact that Petrino was substituting at will and our full first team defense didn't play as much as they do most games.
- I spoke with 1 group of UL fans all day (I got to the tailgate at 3) and UK was referenced once all day and that was only because there is/was a pretty interesting rumor going around about their head coach.
- Not going to reference the "dumb" fans comment as there are varying levels of football knowledge with every fan base. I spoke to more than a handful of Marshall fans that seemed to know very little about the game and where there more for the tailgate.

Having said all that...I was impressed with Marshall's atmosphere. Even in a game where they were severe underdogs and coming off a hugely disappointing loss the atmosphere was great and the tailgate was fun. I only ran into one rude Marshall fan and everyone seemed to be happy to just be at a football game and were excited to see Lamar play. The game went about like I expected and I was actually impressed that Marshall managed to hold Lamar under 100 rushing yards and never allowed him to break off a huge run like he has in nearly every game the last year and a half. I was a little surprised to see Marshall pass it so little. That seemed a little "defeatist" thinking in my view as they seemed content to run it, shorten the game and get out of there.

I'll root for Marshall in the future and might make my way back for another game in the near future.

Our QB was out with an injury so we had a true freshmen that only have a few series under his belt taking snaps. This game could have been a lot more interesting if Litton had played. You all have a great offense, but the defense is just above average. I think your game against FSU was a once in a lifetime performance.

What a low class group of people. The banners were pure hillbilly. The players are cheap shot rejects that no one else would let in school. Huntington is dump....the worst college town I've been in over 20 years. The stadium was something out of the 1970's. You can thank the Card fans filled that dump up for you. Never go back. By the way your strip the stadium was a train wreck.

The sign about Teddy Bridgewaters injury is all you need to see to know how low class of a group Marshall fans are. Hope you guys lose every game the rest of the season. Good thing we will never have to endure playing you guys ever again after this debacle.

You have to bring up letters to the Mayor on how nice fans have been treated. LOL. My god how pathetic. Should the mayor have a ordnance on banners? UL did you a favor by showing up. Adding about 8,000 fans to the stadium. Your overall athletic department is a G5 bottom feeder. More of a Sunbelt program on the $$$$ side of the equation. Enjoy being able to have the Cards at home....it will never happen again.

OK, but major college athletic programs are not defined by one sport but many. There is a game called basketball that UL has had some level of success. There is though, a measuring stick called the Directors Cup that defines a ranking. You may want to check out where Marshall is ranked. It's been fun today. Pitt is a ACC brother and I hope they take you to the wood shed. Remember nothing personal...its just business.
FWIW, GO F yourself you piece of shit, your players were the no good dirty MFer's out there taking cheat shots in the game and making thuggish comments to players throughout the game. Your fine, upstanding, future prison inmate players were making comments about shooting some of our players, etc. I expect more from a group of college players than that, but they are just a reflection of their Head Coach.

4 of the last 5, and 5 of the last 14. LMAO. The score was 52-7 before we sub'd our scrubs in on defense and you started scoring. Are you guys even second fiddle after WVU? Or is there another shithole that we don't know about? Nobody said we were Ohio State, but at least we are here. As in arrived. You can't turn on ESPN without hearing about us. But hey, good effort. I wish we would have punched in that last TD instead of showing mercy on you bitches. Enjoy the rest of our season from the land of misfits. You should be thanking us that you got to be in our spotlight for a few hours. Ungrateful turds. Nobody outside of hilljack, WV will see another one of your mid major games the rest of the year
Like I said before, GO F yourself you piece of shit, your players were the no good dirty MFer's out there taking cheat shots in the game and making thuggish comments to players throughout the game. Your fine, upstanding, future prison inmate players were making comments about shooting some of our players, etc. I expect more from a group of college players than that, but they are just a reflection of their Head Coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT