ADVERTISEMENT

Gator Bowl

That’s crazy.

Why wouldn’t a winning team that got shafted with a bowl opponent that was 5 wins below them in record get the nod?

Louisiana.

That’s crazy.

Why wouldn’t a winning team that got shafted with a bowl opponent that was 5 wins below them in record get the nod?

Louisiana.
It's not really about "getting the nod". It's about teams actually willing to play. As of now Marshall and Illinois have shown interest.

Marshall fans crying to not have to play another game. My oh my. Talk about losers.
We are losers. We lost badly to Louisiana less than a week ago. Maybe if we had won, it would be a different story.
Are we going to continue to be the backup squad for any team that withdraws because of COVID? If so, go ahead and pencil us in for the National Championship in case one of the top four teams can’t make it.

Reactions: The Real SamC
The more I think about it the more I want this to happen. In a twist of irony we'd end up winning by 10+

Marshall fans crying to not have to play another game. My oh my. Talk about losers.

If we're asked, we could just claim "COVID issues" and slink away. It worked before. Amiright?
For the record I thought when Huff tweeted this he was doing it jokingly. I didn't think we were actually throwing our hat in the ring.

Good for Huff and the team. Shows these guys want to play and are not ready to call it a season.

To further add on, I don't think we will get accepted, but guess who's name is getting press after the season is over? As the old saying any press is good press.

Last edited:
Well said Marco….staying hungry!!

After coming back from New Orleans and watching the game on DVR it was pretty evident based on the gameplan and defense that Louisiana was playing was to establish the running game and get the ball out of Grant’s hands quick.

That was pretty much only chance we had to win the game. Plan worked for about 54 minutes. Was going to be difficult to stretch the field early with their coverage and I’m sure with the concussion protocol that Wells recently got out of they didn’t want him getting hit.

Another couple weeks of getting healthy and any chance of Herd football getting back on the field would be a huge plus!!

Go HERD!

Good for Huff and the team. Shows these guys want to play and are not ready to call it a season.

To further add on, I don't think we will get accepted, but guess who's name is getting press after the season is over? As the old saying any press is good press.
Being mentioned as a possibility to be a bowl spot filler isn't going to give us any miles whatsoever. This isn’t an accomplishment of any sort. We just so happen to be one of the only teams entertaining the idea.

Now if we play in it and win it then that's a whole other story.

I say take it. Imagine if we managed to score an upset win!
Imagine if we don’t. We will be the butt of every sports trivia joke from now on. I can see it now.

“What college team played two different ranked teams in two different bowls in the same season and lost both games?”

Imagine if we don’t. We will be the butt of every sports trivia joke from now on. I can see it now.

“What college team played two different ranked teams in two different bowls in the same season and lost both games?”
Still can’t pass up the free publicity from the game. Would go a long way with recruits. Plus the payout is halfway decent I’m sure. I’m sure we’d have plenty of Texas A&M fans that already have tickets and reservations…lol.

I could see it if we had just finished an outstanding season or if we had been ranked. Even if we had won our bowl game. We accomplished none of those things. I just fear this will be looked on as a joke and diminish respect for our football team. Makes us look needy.

Still can’t pass up the free publicity from the game. Would go a long way with recruits. Plus the payout is halfway decent I’m sure. I’m sure we’d have plenty of Texas A&M fans that already have tickets and reservations…lol.
Getting embarrassed in front of a much larger audience will go a long way with recruits? I think we are still licking our wounds from the last beat down. Other than serving as a rental punching bag, I don't know that this is a good idea.

If Wake Forest were smart, they'd push to play the MAC champion. That will be way more impressive to voters than a bowl eligible B1G program.

Wait, who the hell won the MAC this year?

Being mentioned as a possibility to be a bowl spot filler isn't going to give us any miles whatsoever. This isn’t an accomplishment of any sort. We just so happen to be one of the only teams entertaining the idea.

Now if we play in it and win it then that's a whole other story.

Well, you can't win if you don't ask to play.
I can't tell if you want this or not since you literelly contradict yourself.

Well, you can't win if you don't ask to play.
I can't tell if you want this or not since you literelly contradict yourself.
I didn't contradict myself. Just being mentioned that we are a possibility to fill the spot doesn't do anything for us. Playing in it and winning it does, but just being mentioned as an interested party doesn't do anything positive or negative as it was implied. This isn't "press". This is people dwindling down teams that could actually field a team on short notice.

Also my first post was before it was known we were actually interested. I thought Huff was tweeting that jokingly.

It’s wake forest they aren’t that good and will have no motivation. We could win

I think this team is ready to face the challenge.. I’m all in !!!
Cramsey your the greatest OC we got! I know you can call a good game!

We should be willing to play anyone, anywhere. How else do you build a winning attitude and gain valuable experience while playing bigger opponents. Some of you “fans” are a joke.

A couple of ? Haven’t the players scattered to their hometowns for semester break? How do you pull them back to Huntington, do the logistics & arrive for the bowl at all prepared to play? I know I’m setting myself up for a wisecrack, but how?

A couple of ? Haven’t the players scattered to their hometowns for semester break? How do you pull them back to Huntington, do the logistics & arrive for the bowl at all prepared to play? I know I’m setting myself up for a wisecrack, but how?
Call their cellular telephone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT