ADVERTISEMENT

Gator Bowl

A couple of ? Haven’t the players scattered to their hometowns for semester break? How do you pull them back to Huntington, do the logistics & arrive for the bowl at all prepared to play? I know I’m setting myself up for a wisecrack, but how?
Those are fair questions.

It is time to close the book on this underperformance of a season and work on next year’s goals. We had the record we had, and got the bowl that that record prescribed (actually probably got a better bowl than we deserved). We don’t deserve to be on the same field as Wake Forest. We didn’t earn it.

Imagine if we don’t. We will be the butt of every sports trivia joke from now on. I can see it now.

“What college team played two different ranked teams in two different bowls in the same season and lost both games?”
Maybe we could bring Doc back as a guest coach. He could punt from the opponents 35 yard line. Lol!

Reactions: alphasig1053
It is time to close the book on this underperformance of a season and work on next year’s goals. We had the record we had, and got the bowl that that record prescribed (actually probably got a better bowl than we deserved). We don’t deserve to be on the same field as Wake Forest. We didn’t earn it.
Loser.
Anytime, Any Place. If you are afraid of losing, you are a loser. Time for ole Sammy to "get a dog".

I like reading all these quitters talk how they would run and hide. We know who the jock washers were. Who in their right mind would turn down an opportunity to play in a second bowl game? I don’t think we’ll get the invite but anyone turning down an opportunity if asked is ridiculous.
$5.2 million payout....and morons on here think we shouldn't play.

$5.2 million payout....and morons on here think we shouldn't play.
If money is the only reason to play, just put the team picture on jars on the counters in Subway restaurants. Maybe we could humiliate ourselves that way and make a few donated bucks at the same time.
I have looked at Wake Forest stats and schedule. We would not come within three touchdowns.
We barely deserved the bowl we had, much less a second one.

So a 5 - 7 Rutgers gets to split a 5 million + payout. Proving that once again that even the bowl system is F@cking rigged for the P5.
My thoughts too. Also proves they give a rats a$$ about the players. Rutgers hasn't played since thanksgiving, probably hasn't hardly done anything for last month, but will be in shape to play in less than a week.

Reactions: Herd-in-ATL
My thoughts too. Also proves they give a rats a$$ about the players. Rutgers hasn't played since thanksgiving, probably hasn't hardly done anything for last month, but will be in shape to play in less than a week.
Good point!

Speaking of giving a rats ass. Sammy, Mlblack, Geezer and others support Rutgers going over us. I knew Sammy was a coward and quitter. Never thought the others were.

If money is the only reason to play, just put the team picture on jars on the counters in Subway restaurants. Maybe we could humiliate ourselves that way and make a few donated bucks at the same time.
We used to play bowls and lose $$ for recognition. You wanted to turn one down that would have paid out $2.5 mil? I swear some of you “fans” should just quit already. The team could never embarrass themselves the way you can.

Reactions: GoHerdMarshallYes
Speaking of giving a rats ass. Sammy, Mlblack, Geezer and others support Rutgers going over us. I knew Sammy was a coward and quitter. Never thought the others were.
I certainly never supported Rutgers playing Wake Forrest in a bowl. Rutgers has not achieved the record to be awarded that spot. Neither has Marshall.
Like everything on the forum, it is an opinion. I don’t feel I am a coward nor a quitter for expressing one.

You are not. You are just an adult, expressing a thoughtful opinion about the state of this sorry team.

You don’t get do overs in bowl season. You don’t get to play in upper middle level bowl, after losing a very minor one badly.

Season: Over.

Season: Underperforming

Sam, you are very SAD little person. Yes, the team lost some games but if Marshall had the chance to play another game and to try and win and learn from their mistakes, MARSHALL SHOULD PLAY THE GAME, PERIOD!

Cowards never win and winners never run away from the chance to prove themselves no matter how many opportunities it takes. You remind me of the guy in the White House, Clueless and Dumb.

• Angry
Reactions: putnam green
Sam, you are very SAD little person. Yes, the team lost some games but if Marshall had the chance to play another game and to try and win and learn from their mistakes, MARSHALL SHOULD PLAY THE GAME, PERIOD!

Cowards never win and winners never run away from the chance to prove themselves no matter how many opportunities it takes. You remind me of the guy in the White House, Clueless and Dumb.
Spoken exactly like someone who never had the balls to actually go out for his High School football team but then becomes a super fan who worships those who actually play. Talk about SAD. Are you Aaron Perkins?

Reactions: The Real SamC
Just read this. The rah rah squad will be here any minute demanding we reassemble the players and head west to play Washington.

As Ernie Banks loved to say: “Let’s play two!”
I doubt there is a team out there available on, what, realistically 2 days notice? Would have to fly out on Tuesday?

Yes, the team lost some games

Yes, to every team with a pulse it played all year.
MARSHALL SHOULD PLAY THE GAME, PERIOD!
IT WAS NOT INVITED TO IT.
Cowards never win and winners never run away from the chance to prove themselves no matter how many opportunities it takes.

We had 13 chances to prove ourselves. Including a bowl that was better than we deserved. Every time we played a team that was not dysfunctional, we lost.’

Season over. Underperforming.

Big man on the internet. I was following and DONATING to Marshall when you were still crapping your diapers. Retired now, but dare say my life was more successful too. Grow up, junior.
Your posts wanting MU to go backwards in terms of progression, told me your age for you.

Sad thing is, if anything, you bragging about your age has made you look even foolish and unobservant.
Good job, your only luxury is being older, but given your lack of vision and acceptance of change (in this case, "little 'ol Marshall" is being aggressive in moving forward and getting national notoriety) has only proven your supposed "better life" has been in this case, a complete waste.

I recall Pruett basically issuing an open challenge to anyone willing to play us. Pruett certainly would have done the same thing, he would've schedule 3 or 4 bowl games if he could, and the team would've played.

...and your like would've supported it with zero hesitation.

Somehow it's a dumb idea however, in this day and age, to have some sort of drive to be better.

How do you brag about donating for as long as you have (which is to assist MU to grow and expand), then post dumb backwards ideas that are evident to not help MU in any way?

I'm at least half your age and I can see the benefit of this...as far as living a better life? I don't need to self validate on a college message board that my life was good.

GHMY - I just don't get the attack. We are on the same team, right? The Loser jabs reflect on you.....Go Herd!!!!
We are rooting for the same team, but the mentality of which we go into a discussion is fvcked.

Several complain about MU not advancing itself or giving itself more marketing...

Maybe the multiple bowl games aren't a good idea, but unlike some, I'm willing to give them credit for at least trying to think.

Reactions: caliherd
I'm at least half your age
I would have guessed much less. Are you so clueless that you believe playing, and most likely losing, a second bowl game is going to give Marshall more national exposure?
This was not our best season. We folded in what I would consider our four biggest games. We crashed in quarter four against Appy, were pushed around by UAB, got reamed by Western and lost by more than two touchdowns to Louisiana.
I am proud of my school and enjoyed my time there. I always hope we do well, but facts are facts. Next year, I hope we go undefeated.
No brag to point out that I have followed the team longer and donated more to the program than you. If mouthing off post after post on a message board were donations, you would be Big Green member of the year.
As far as age goes, let me give a bit of wisdom I have learned in my 75 years on earth. Just because you post something doesn’t necessarily make it so. That would go for both of us.

……If this forum comprised a WWE - type format, I would like to see raleigh teamed up with GoHerdMarshallYes. They would always take on the role of the villains. I would boo that team with gusto!!

Reactions: greengeezer
Fvck You, classless prick. I've tried to keep things respectful with you, but this crosses the line.

Keep acting like a Supa Fan; you're just making yourself look stupid.

I am ALL for playing another bowl game. I think it would be FANTASTIC exposure on ESPN.

My major concern is if we can do it safely for the boys in terms of practice time and getting back up to speed and not risking injury because we aren't up to game form.

Reactions: raleighherdfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT