ADVERTISEMENT

Gator Bowl

I’m thinking a quick canvas of the players resulted in a “no thank you” after shutting it down for season and the players needing time for their bodies to recover from the season. As I have posted many times over the years MANY of our players during the playoff years weren’t crazy about all the extra games. Guys were running on fumes by the middle of Dec.

Reactions: greengeezer
……If this forum comprised a WWE - type format, I would like to see raleigh teamed up with GoHerdMarshallYes. They would always take on the role of the villains. I would boo that team with gusto!!
Cool story. I would like to see mlblack and Sammy teamed up. They could hide in the dressing room and refuse to come out.

Last edited:
Cool story. I would like to see mlblack and Sammy teamed up. They could hide in the dressing room and refuse to come out.
I would like to see you act like you have some sense and leave me out of your bullshit. As I said earlier, fvck you. Fvck your opinions, and most of all, fvck your feelings.

Congratulations, you just dethroned Greed as the most idiotic poster on Rivals.

Reactions: The Real SamC
I would like to see you act like you have some sense and leave me out of your bullshit. As I said earlier, fvck you. Fvck your opinions, and most of all, fvck your feelings.

Congratulations, you just dethroned Greed as the most idiotic poster on Rivals.
Impossible to dethrone greed.

Feelings? Bahahahaha. Who seems to be demonstrating that their feelings are bothered here?

Impossible to dethrone greed.

Feelings? Bahahahaha. Who seems to be demonstrating that their feelings are bothered here?
Clearly it's you. I've not called you out in any previous threads, yet because I offer a differing opinion to your own, you have acted like a bitch twice now ITT.

Go back to obsessing about other men on here. I'm definitely not your type.

Clearly it's you. I've not called you out in any previous threads, yet because I offer a differing opinion to your own, you have acted like a bitch twice now ITT.

Go back to obsessing about other men on here. I'm definitely not your type.
Last I checked, getting called out for differing opinions is a part of the game here.

Dont worry. You're not my type. Quitters are unattractive. 😂

Notice you never denied being attracted to men. At least you take your preference for weiners seriously on here. Kudos.
Is being gay in 2021 really supposed to be put down? I am not attracted to men (not sure why you even brought this up) but seeing you attempt to use it as such shows just what kind of class you are. My original assessment appears accurate. You are a loser.

We are losers. We lost badly to Louisiana less than a week ago. Maybe if we had won, it would be a different story.
Are we going to continue to be the backup squad for any team that withdraws because of COVID? If so, go ahead and pencil us in for the National Championship in case one of the top four teams can’t make it.
by "lost badly" you are refering to a game we were leading in the fourth quarter? a little salty arent ya?

by "lost badly" you are refering to a game we were leading in the fourth quarter?

Moral victory?

We have lost. The season is over. There never was anything to this stupid story but some reporter from some gambling tipster site.

Season is over. Underperforming.

It is cute to talk big about playing 2 or 3 or 17 bowl games, and “not back down from anyone”. Fact is we have had our season, lost our bowl game, and it is over. We are mediocre. Close the book and move on.

by "lost badly" you are refering to a game we were leading in the fourth quarter? a little salty arent ya?
Probably, but the outcome of a game is measured at the end. The 4th quarter this year kept us from being 10-3. Next year, if we are ahead after three, Huff should call it a victory and head for the locker room. 😀

Is being gay in 2021 really supposed to be put down? I am not attracted to men (not sure why you even brought this up) but seeing you attempt to use it as such shows just what kind of class you are. My original assessment appears accurate. You are a loser.
Says the prick who chose to start shit with me out of nowhere. Once again, go fvck yourself. Learn to hear and deal with other people's opinions without throwing a temper tantrum like a petulant child.

Don't bother responding. Our conversation will continue to go nowhere. In the future, don't start shit and there won't be any. I don't know what you expected to happen when you initiated the personal attacks. Yet, here you are, playing stupid, as if you somehow weren't in the wrong.

Reactions: MUMAN3419
raleigh - I used to think no one could EVER top Rifle in terms of idiocy, disparaging slurs, epithets, homophobia & the Igor-like "I must break you" psyche......but congrats! You have dethroned every bad apple in this bunch. You are THE rottenest apple of all........

Says the prick who chose to start shit with me out of nowhere. Once again, go fvck yourself. Learn to hear and deal with other people's opinions without throwing a temper tantrum like a petulant child.

Don't bother responding. Our conversation will continue to go nowhere. In the future, don't start shit and there won't be any. I don't know what you expected to happen when you initiated the personal attacks. Yet, here you are, playing stupid, as if you somehow weren't in the wrong.
hqdefault.jpg

I'm still trying to find where I threw the "temper tantrum". Did I go to the "fvckedy, fvck, fvcks" like a child? Nope. I called out your opinion as being a quitter. You got mad and turned to a terrible attempt at a bigoted gay slur. Makes no sense.

raleigh - I used to think no one could EVER top Rifle in terms of idiocy, disparaging slurs, epithets, homophobia & the Igor-like "I must break you" psyche......but congrats! You have dethroned every bad apple in this bunch. You are THE rottenest apple of all........
What are you talking about? Homophobia? Christ. Read who the homophobe is. Certainly not me.

Do we need to add you to the quitters list?

Do we need to add you to the quitters list?
I don’t get this “quitter” and “loser” name calling. As if any of us were a factor in the season results. This all started when a number of posters decided that the loss in the NO Bowl shouldn’t be the end of the season, that we should chase another bowl game, and another, and another.
Does Marshall playing another game somehow make you a winner? If so, your list of what constitutes success in life is somewhat twisted.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
I’m thinking a quick canvas of the players resulted in a “no thank you” after shutting it down for season and the players needing time for their bodies to recover from the season. As I have posted many times over the years MANY of our players during the playoff years weren’t crazy about all the extra games. Guys were running on fumes by the middle of Dec.
Your “thinking” has zero merit whatsoever. I don’t think Marshall would continue to volunteer for these empty spots if the team didn’t want to play.

If you polled the players anonymously, I’m pretty sure you’d get a 98% yes.

Reactions: ru4_mu2
I don’t get this “quitter” and “loser” name calling. As if any of us were a factor in the season results. This all started when a number of posters decided that the loss in the NO Bowl shouldn’t be the end of the season, that we should chase another bowl game, and another, and another.
Does Marshall playing another game somehow make you a winner? If so, your list of what constitutes success in life is somewhat twisted.
Posters here didn’t decide anything. The school inquired about two bowl openings. One paying $5.3 million, the other paying $4+ million. Neither one worked out but we openly tried. The posters didn’t decide that. The team/coach/administration did.

We’re still in highly unusual times. I’d rather have a proactive operation than a hum hall one. It’s nice to have a coach that actually seems to enjoy football and the opportunity to play at every turn.

Posters here didn’t decide anything.
Of course the posters don’t decide the operations of Marshall football. However, there were some here who repeatedly disrespected anyone who wouldn’t jump at a chance to play a second bowl game.

Of course the posters don’t decide the operations of Marshall football. However, there were some here who repeatedly disrespected anyone who wouldn’t jump at a chance to play a second bowl game.
You said “This all started when a number of posters decided that the loss in the NO Bowl shouldn’t be the end of the season, that we should chase another bowl game.”

No, this all started when Marshall expressed interest in playing in a major bowl game (Gator) when there was an empty spot. It was widely reported. Some here got excited at the prospect of playing in a major bowl. Others jumped them to talk them down, to make up asinine and irrelevant excuses for why this school should just stop trying.

A second bowl opportunity arose in a less major but still very good bowl, and it was reported that there was mutual interest from the bowl and Marshall, however the bowl (TV) wanted to play on its scheduled date. That logistically doesn’t work for any team that’s been out of commission.

I can not stand a defeatist attitude. That’s been a prevalent issue here for a long time.

Fans aren't a factor in the results? I thought you used to be a big time donor?

I dont get this "chasing" another bowl game nonsense. Suddenly we have "fans" wondering why marshall football should want to play another another game when either asked or should not inquire when a bowl goes looking for a replacement. Does marshall playing another game really bother you that much? It must because you've spent more time mocking this team than actually supporting them recently. (Re)Building the program bother you that much. If you're embarrassed of marshall playing just say so.

Reactions: GoHerdMarshallYes
Fans aren't a factor in the results? I thought you used to be a big time donor?

I dont get this "chasing" another bowl game nonsense. Suddenly we have "fans" wondering why marshall football should want to play another another game when either asked or should not inquire when a bowl goes looking for a replacement. Does marshall playing another game really bother you that much? It must because you've spent more time mocking this team than actually supporting them recently. (Re)Building the program bother you that much. If you're embarrassed of marshall playing just say so.
Obviously we see the extra bowl game from differ perspectives. I see no benefit in discussing it further.

Last edited:
You said “This all started when a number of posters decided that the loss in the NO Bowl shouldn’t be the end of the season, that we should chase another bowl game.”

No, this all started when Marshall expressed interest in playing in a major bowl game (Gator) when there was an empty spot. It was widely reported. Some here got excited at the prospect of playing in a major bowl. Others jumped them to talk them down, to make up asinine and irrelevant excuses for why this school should just stop trying.

A second bowl opportunity arose in a less major but still very good bowl, and it was reported that there was mutual interest from the bowl and Marshall, however the bowl (TV) wanted to play on its scheduled date. That logistically doesn’t work for any team that’s been out of commission.

I can not stand a defeatist attitude. That’s been a prevalent issue here for a long time.

"But, in my 75 years of life...I'm smarter than you and need to brag about it on here!!! Trust me, I'm old!!!"

• Haha
Reactions: ru4_mu2

I'll accept your perspective under 1 condition:

You can NEVER again complain that MU could do better, complain when MU loses, and cannot comment in support of MU building new facilities or moving up in any way.

This is due to your posts being satisfied with MU's current status quo, which I am totally okay with, as long as you don't go back on yourself.
You accept that MU should not be aggressive in improving its name recognition, should not be more active on TV (regardless of game outcome), and should not be opportunistic nor inventive in how it achieves the former two, ever.

I'll accept your perspective under 1 condition:

You can NEVER again complain that MU could do better, complain when MU loses, and cannot comment in support of MU building new facilities or moving up in any way.

This is due to your posts being satisfied with MU's current status quo, which I am totally okay with, as long as you don't go back on yourself.
You accept that MU should not be aggressive in improving its name recognition, should not be more active on TV (regardless of game outcome), and should not be opportunistic nor inventive in how it achieves the former two, ever.
You're asking a gutless coward to not be such a gutless coward. As a "fan" of marshall, because he is old, he has earned the right to bitch and moan about a lack of opportunity only to later bitch and moan about the opportunity. Guys like this have literally turned into guys like this:
ian-mcshane-we-are-marshall-2006-BPRYE4.jpg

Reactions: GoHerdMarshallYes
You're asking a gutless coward to not be such a gutless coward. As a "fan" of marshall, because he is old, he has earned the right to bitch and moan about a lack of opportunity only to later bitch and moan about the opportunity. Guys like this have literally turned into guys like this:
He was awesome in Deadwood though!

Reactions: raleighherdfan

What's worse is a true measure of development and growth for anyone is looking at changes and accepting them as being beneficial to the larger picture.
Maybe MU gets blown out in a 2nd bowl game, but maybe that 2nd bowl game gets a recruit or two who says, "I can help this team" and ebrolls and becomes a star.
But fans like Geezer, just put themselves ahead of the program, brag about how they kept MU's program alive during the plane crash but somehow a potential bowl loss is worse than that.
Nah, I'll take the fans who see this as opportunity and being inventive at the opportunity to make MU into what it can be through the experience.

Geezer and his like are the fools who's only measure of knowledge is purely based on the idea of "not dying."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT