ADVERTISEMENT

Hampton Our Next Opponent

You are propping these teams up.
Absolutely nobody cared or cares for whom we are playing except a few on here because its necessary to make this 4th rate tournament worth it.
The good thing about basketball is you can level down and still feel you've accomplished something.

Preseason: "Guys! We won CUSA! We're gonna be a force!"
Seeing the schedule: "I think MU has a chance to surprise some of these teams. MU can certainly put their name out there if they can beat 1 of the 3 major programs and show up against the other two."
After OOC: "Its ok. We have experience. We'll do well in conference."
Conference losing streak: "Uh..."
End of regular season: "Its ok. We can still win the tournament. This team is special and have worked out their problems!"
Win game one: "Alright. We have a chance to make the NCAA tournament if we win out. This team is special!!"

MU not selected because they had no major wins and vastly underperformed overall in the season and tournament.

"Lets pay for a tournament and allow Elmore to get the scoring record!!!"
"Wow, the field is full of tough opponents. MU better be ready!!"

MU slowly lost ground of where they began to where they currently are.
Its one thing to be optimistic about the team and their playing but its another to say this is really any kind of achievement tournament.
Personally, I was against anything below the NIT. If MU didn't get that then oh well.
Instead we bought into a tournament that literally has ".com" in the name (when others complain about bowl games having stupid corporate names) and while MU is winning (as they should) the wins are against OOC teams that MU fans would say, "we should win this pretty easily" against a few months earlier but now see as "a legit team" because its a post season tournament.

You can literally cobble together any argument you want by selecting random assertions from a large group of people. Your argument is the definition of a strawman. Most all Marshall fans understand that we fell short this season. Most all Marshall fans understand that this tournament is not top tier. Most all Marshall fans understand that while you can run into some hot teams ( ask WVU), the competition level isn’t top tier. You’ve succeeded to tap into the collective thoughts of a large group and selectively pulled out bits of optimism and enthusiasm and created a premise that doesn’t exist in reality.

This tournament is fun for me because Marshall is in it. I suspect that’s the reason most Marshall fans are there. I’ll be there to show appreciation for those players like Elmore and Burks who will go down as two of the best in program history. I’ll be there because I get another opportunity to see our future in West, Williams, and Kinsey. It’s really that simple. And if we win this thing I’ll be happy even if there’s some fans that will accuse me of thinking we’ve just defeated Duke for championship of the free world.

Absolutely nobody cared or cares for whom we are playing except a few on here because its necessary to make this 4th rate tournament worth it.
The good thing about basketball is you can level down and still feel you've accomplished something.

Seeing the schedule: "I think MU has a chance to surprise some of these teams. MU can certainly put their name out there if they can beat 1 of the 3 major programs and show up against the other two."
End of regular season: "Its ok. We can still win the tournament. This team is special and have worked out their problems!"
Win game one: "Alright. We have a chance to make the NCAA tournament if we win out. This team is special!!"

MU not selected because they had no major wins and vastly underperformed overall in the season and tournament.

Its one thing to be optimistic about the team and their playing but its another to say this is really any kind of achievement tournament.
Personally, I was against anything below the NIT. If MU didn't get that then oh well.
Instead we bought into a tournament that literally has ".com" in the name (when others complain about bowl games having stupid corporate names) and while MU is winning (as they should) the wins are against OOC teams that MU fans would say, "we should win this pretty easily" against a few months earlier but now see as "a legit team" because its a post season tournament.
It's pretty simple, just do your research and stop arguing. The fact that I have seen them play before they crossed our path, is what I form my assessment on, where does yours come from. Just stop and do the quick look ups, jeez.

I will add this much and give you some credit, most of what you are saying is true, we were preseason favorites, we were supposed to be a dangerous one to anyone not named Duke, instead we lost one player and a mid season falter became real. Our best wins are ODU and Hofstra. Turned out to not meet the expectations. Should we have been good enough to expect wins over a Hampton in a small tourney etc, yes. Is that reality now? No. Not giving these other mid majors any credit what so ever is disrespectful to those schools and conferences. We aren't at a level of play or prestige that we can just thumb our noses up at them. Like I was saying, Radford, a big South school, who pulled a WKU and decided no NIT, no tourney, played a lot of the same schools we did, you and Sam need to review that schedule and just find out for yourselves how elite we really are.....if we had beaten Texas A&M we would have gotten close to their resume, but they also played Maryland, look at that score compared to our score with Maryland...just saying, we aren't elite right now, we can't expect just to show up and win.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan

Can’t wait for the football predictions . Those are always amusing. It’ll be another 8-4 type year with a Bowl win. Which I am cool with.

You can literally cobble together any argument you want by selecting random assertions from a large group of people. Your argument is the definition of a strawman. Most all Marshall fans understand that we fell short this season. Most all Marshall fans understand that this tournament is not top tier. Most all Marshall fans understand that while you can run into some hot teams ( ask WVU), the competition level isn’t top tier. You’ve succeeded to tap into the collective thoughts of a large group and selectively pulled out bits of optimism and enthusiasm and created a premise that doesn’t exist in reality.

This tournament is fun for me because Marshall is in it. I suspect that’s the reason most Marshall fans are there. I’ll be there to show appreciation for those players like Elmore and Burks who will go down as two of the best in program history. I’ll be there because I get another opportunity to see our future in West, Williams, and Kinsey. It’s really that simple. And if we win this thing I’ll be happy even if there’s some fans that will accuse me of thinking we’ve just defeated Duke for championship of the free world.
Nailed it.

Some people are such dense, black/white creatures. There’s so much nuance that goes into a season. Things change. This season was a disappointment. But if we can win this CIT, it doesn’t mean that the last month wasn’t as much fun as the losing streak and OOC ass beatings were miserable. This season was as average as you can get. But if we can win this thing, it will leave a good taste in my mouth and have me hopeful for a similar season next year when most will probably expect the bottom to fall out w/o Elmore & Burks.

Last edited:
I understand the team was asked if they would play in one of these tournaments if we lost in the tournament and did not receive an NIT invite. Only one player voted against it. They work hard all year and deserve to have the most weight in this decision. Glad they are still playing and will always attend and support their efforts!

Well said GK. Marshall will end up making some much needed dollars in this tournament but it gives 3 extra weeks of practice to our underclassman and red shirts.
It also gives our fans an opportunity to see the team we love, play an extra 3-4 games. What is not to like about that?

I hope we are to win this thing. Put a nice trophy in the basketball office. Show it off to people and recruits. And, in a few years maybe we can brag about winning the whole thing. Recruits and fans like trophies. Build some momentum going forward.

All the time.

Football, yes. Basketball, no, cannot make every game, still attend more than half

I don't know that I have one. The football team is in great hands, the AD is the best ever, and the basketball coach has had more success than anybody else in 30 years. IPF, baseball stadium, better travel, all is well.

First by travel, you are talking about 200 "superfans". 99% are going to watch on TV. In fact, among the saddest threads on this board are people that cannot simply figure out where are the games being shown. They all are, and posting on a board 30 minutes before the game starts is not how you find out.

But anyway.

MAC - Been there, DOMINATED, done that. Got the tee shirt. We did all we could in the MAC. Plus, I have heard that, when the TV deal expires, the MAC is heading for a break up. Some schools are simply not willing or able to continue to subsidize programs no one cares about, as these schools become older and more female. It is like quitting a good job for a job with slightly less travel, with a company that has lost money for 20 years whose stock is 40 cents a share.

SBC - Hey, if you wanted to mix CUSA and the SBC together and come with two geographically logical conferences, fine. No one has asked. The SBC is a slight step down. It is. What share of the $7M CUSA buyout are you willing to pay? So you can go to Myrtle Beach every other year?

AAC - The AAC people remind me of the nagging mother who berates her daughter why she does not marry the med student, rather than the solid hard working carpenter. Umm, mom, because the carpenter asked, is a solid and hard working man who will provide a good life, and the med student HAS NO INTEREST.

None, really. I do not care for the AAC worshipers in the fan base. I do not care for the "others" will pay for what I want attitude in the fan base. And I do not care for the people who apply a ridiculous and unfair double standard between football, and its coach, and basketball, and its coach, in this fan base. And I do not care for the childlike, if not childish, idea that Marshall is just "supposed" to be better than everybody else, attitude in this fan base.

If you look at what MU is as an institution, and WV is as a state, MU, and by that I say MU fans, built something very special, something schools with FAR more advantages and resources, did not, or could not do. It pains me that people criticize it.[/QUOTE]

Sam...I think you make sense and stated valid reasons...
.I too have a difficult time supporting that anyone [teams] Marshall plays is inferior. PARITY is paramount now, especially in basketball with most college players participating in TRAVEL BALL as youth. I doubt many people had Texas Tech & Auburn in their Final Four bracket.

I chose to watch Marshall Players FIRST and the opponent second! It is exciting that going forward...The HERD will travel to Notre Dame to play football & basketball.

To this day, my best football trip was to West Point when the cadets were MOSSED by Randy. To sit in Michie Stadium [opened in 1924], gaze out at the Hudson River...close my eyes and see ghosts past with the likes of Doc Blanchard [first ever junior to win the coveted Heisman Trophy]. Blanchard played his first year at North Carolina before heading to West Point.

Since I am a Vietnam veteran....I am partial to the ARMY and my weekend there was filled with excitement of the Saturday morning pageantry ceremony of the Cadets marching.....tailgating with West Point fans and graduates.

My bucket list has the ARMY-NAVY game to be checked off.....

HerdZilla22 (G Sweeney) in Charlotte

Reactions: 5150

GOOD POINTS....however, losing Ajdin Penava at the mid-night hour....was to Marshall as Duke would have been losing ZION for the year! Ajdin would have helped The HERD win about 24 games [my opinion]...and possibly a repeat of the CUSA tournament and advance to the BIG DANCE

We will never know---because Penava took his talents to Pro ball.

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Reactions: 5150

...and yet here you are...legitimizing a tournament that MU fans would have thumbed their noses up just a few months earlier.
But hey, "since MU is in it" I guess nobody should hold MU basketball to a higher standard since the arguments seem to be basketball has achieved more, they should be.
But lets nitpick this .com tournament and just prop the team up for being there...forget the team really shouldn't and many MU fans are so desperate for winning something, anything, that this tournament actually excites them.
Lets also nitpick at the complaint that Penava leaving was the reason for our season (at least Gary is saying that) when it was no last minute thing, it was reported in April 2018 he was leaving so its a possibility Dan had an idea before then...he had an entire offseason to fix this problem.
Iran being injured is literally what happens to teams every single year. Its up to the coaches to adjust and some on here blamed him.
Lets nitpick at "more trophies in the case" which was also said...I'm sure people like trophies...in fact there's a whole movement to give everyone a trophy.
My gripe is the remarkable double standard by said fanbase about 2 sports and their support for them.
How is literally everything said any different than what MU football achieved?
They got trophies too...oh...because "everyone is going to a bowl" it doesn't matter.
So what do you call this .com tournament? What do you call this trophy?
"Yeah well we lost our star basketball player last minute" while it was said it wasn't last minute, nobody stepped in or stepped up. Nobody blaned Dan or the team...they blamed Penava.
Football loses their QB in almost the same way, and people are automatically losing their minds...some blamed Litton on his departure for losses, while some blamed Doc for not being able to coach.
MU didn't suffer a 50+ point loss to a terrible conference team mid season...losing by 10 to conference runner up called for an end to fan support and the season.

Nitpicking on both sports to prop or put down is everywhere on this board and done by everyone. Why not hold both sports to the same standards of winning...if that be the case however, that'd mean there'd actually have to be some criticism on this basketball season...seems quite light considering where they were just a season ago.

GHMY - Lot of words, bro. Not anything new in your comments. Bottom line for me as a fan: If Marshall is playing cornhole I would be interested in watching it! I love watching Marshall sports, period. This has been a fun couple of weeks to see them 3-4 more times than we would've otherwise. That is all....

GHMY - Lot of words, bro. Not anything new in your comments. Bottom line for me as a fan: If Marshall is playing cornhole I would be interested in watching it! I love watching Marshall sports, period. This has been a fun couple of weeks to see them 3-4 more times than we would've otherwise. That is all....
I see no negatives in getting an extra 3 weeks of practice for the under classmen and red shirts. An extra 3-4 games for me to watch Herd hoops and for Marshall to make a few extra bucks doesn't hurt either.

I see no negatives in getting an extra 3 weeks of practice for the under classmen and red shirts. An extra 3-4 games for me to watch Herd hoops and for Marshall to make a few extra bucks doesn't hurt either.
………...and, at the risk of starting thermonuclear war, doesn't 3 extra weeks of practice sound an awful lot like going to a pre-Christmas bowl game? (Duck & Cover!)

Castle%20Bravo.jpg

Propping up teams to make Marshall look good in playing those teams.....you know I am at a loss here. Again look up some of these schools. PC was a worthy opponent, it doesn't matter what you think, reality says different.

Here is where I am at a loss, haven't we lost to Morehead state enough times that I would like to forget it, and they are smaller in prestige than Hampton is..than Winthrop, Radford.... We make 1 tourney appearance and win one conference championship and all of a sudden we are elite. We were more elite during CUSA 2.0 under DJ (HATE THAT PRICK) and even Herrion first few years. We played tougher conference opponents and won more out of conference. They didn't make the tourney, made an NIT and lost to App. in the CIT or CBI don't remember which. If we were any kind of elite, it was then, now we aren't above any if these programs in this little tourney. The CUSA champs got higher seeds in any tourney they made and we held our own. That is all in the past, we don't have the conference prestige, and that weighs on every program in our crap conference. Wanna know why ODU got a lower seed than we did with a better record and some scalps we didn't have? Fallen from Grace is the reason. Every year we get lower and lower seeds, we have no footing to honestly say we, our conference, to be calling out any other, even the crap SWAC. That's reality for now, and unless a few programs rise up again, it's not getting better.

Point is, enjoy what we can, why shit on our programs because of where a few think we should be. There is nothing wrong with playing a few more games in the CIT, and winning it is a bonus. As one already said, it's another trophy for the case, can't hurt recruiting, and a little more revenue just from getting these home games

Reactions: bbneutralfan
Propping up teams to make Marshall look good in playing those teams.....you know I am at a loss here. Again look up some of these schools. PC was a worthy opponent, it doesn't matter what you think, reality says different.

Here is where I am at a loss, haven't we lost to Morehead state enough times that I would like to forget it, and they are smaller in prestige than Hampton is..than Winthrop, Radford.... We make 1 tourney appearance and win one conference championship and all of a sudden we are elite. We were more elite during CUSA 2.0 under DJ (HATE THAT PRICK) and even Herrion first few years. We played tougher conference opponents and won more out of conference. They didn't make the tourney, made an NIT and lost to App. in the CIT or CBI don't remember which. If we were any kind of elite, it was then, now we aren't above any if these programs in this little tourney. The CUSA champs got higher seeds in any tourney they made and we held our own. That is all in the past, we don't have the conference prestige, and that weighs on every program in our crap conference. Wanna know why ODU got a lower seed than we did with a better record and some scalps we didn't have? Fallen from Grace is the reason. Every year we get lower and lower seeds, we have no footing to honestly say we, our conference, to be calling out any other, even the crap SWAC. That's reality for now, and unless a few programs rise up again, it's not getting better.
Morehead State has won 6 games in the NCAA tournament. Might want to rethink your standing of them as compared to the teams you have listed. I agree with your point though.

Morehead State has won 6 games in the NCAA tournament. Might want to rethink your standing of them as compared to the teams you have listed. I agree with your point though.
Point is, Morehead plays in a conference no different than the programs I mentioned, and if we are really above all that, we wouldn't be losing to them. Some of the recent losses to them was during their non tourney teams.. and Donnie Tindal had our number.

………...and, at the risk of starting thermonuclear war, doesn't 3 extra weeks of practice sound an awful lot like going to a pre-Christmas bowl game? (Duck & Cover!)

Castle%20Bravo.jpg

Thays exactly my point.

But instead of praising the advantages and positives, its a b*tchfest.

Point is, enjoy what we can, why shit on our programs because of where a few think we should be. There is nothing wrong with playing a few more games in the CIT, and winning it is a bonus. As one already said, it's another trophy for the case, can't hurt recruiting, and a little more revenue just from getting these home games

Sub in "post season bowl" for "CIT" and we're on the same page.
Just don't go back on it.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Morehead State's conference is a LOT different than those of some of the schools mentioned. FACT: OVC had TWO teams in the DANCE this year (Belmont and Murray St.). When has that happened to some of the other schools mentioned, or even to CUSA over the last several seasons?

As for "giving everybody a trophy", well that's not quite the state of D1 college basketball just yet. At the end of this season exactly FOUR teams, NCAA champs, NIT champs, CBI and CIT champs will walk away with a trophy . . . . out of around 320 teams. Would be pretty nice, IMO, if the HERD was one of the FOUR!!!

You realize we lost to Morehead last year, they finished 8-21....in 2015, they went to lowly CBI, we lost that year as well....also in 2014, they finished 17-17...also 2013, they finished 20-13, no tourney wins....we beat them by 3 points in 2012, they finished 15-18. If we are going to talk about inflating an opponent in the current state, not more than a decade ago, then it's a double standard to inflate Morehead state....just making a point here.

It doesn't matter what a program was or how bad their conference was 10-15 years ago, what matters is how good are they now and how did we fair against them..

Morehead State's conference is a LOT different than those of some of the schools mentioned. FACT: OVC had TWO teams in the DANCE this year (Belmont and Murray St.). When has that happened to some of the other schools mentioned, or even to CUSA over the last several seasons?

As for "giving everybody a trophy", well that's not quite the state of D1 college basketball just yet. At the end of this season exactly FOUR teams, NCAA champs, NIT champs, CBI and CIT champs will walk away with a trophy . . . . out of around 320 teams. Would be pretty nice, IMO, if the HERD was one of the FOUR!!!
And that is rare. Not the norm for that conference. Murray State, Belmont (who was in the ASUN prior and ruled it) Austin pea are names that pop up more often than not come tourney time, rarely is there more than one dominant team in that league. Show me in the history where this has happened before. One year doesn't tell the story of a conference, they either keep the pace, or improve more which is unlikely, or flash in the pan and back to one dominant team. If they do it again next year, then we have a pattern of improvement. Winthrop made it to the sweet 16 or round of 32, can't remember a few years back when Greg Marshall was there. The same thing can happen in any conference. CAA was a good example when they were with GMU, ODU, VCU, UNC Wilmington...Sunbelt used to be like that with south Alabama, WKU and a few others. MVC went on a tear for a while and got poached, now look at them.

Couldn't agree more! Fact is, we're still playing basketball and there aren't a lot of programs around the country that can say that right now. It can't possibly hurt recruiting, can't possibly hurt bottom line revenue, can't possibly hurt the development of our younger players, and can only be a positive for the fans that choose to enjoy watching the games.

I can tell you my 11-year old son can't wait for tomorrow night's game. He knows its not the "Big Dance," but he also knows the kids are playing hard to win a post-season tournament championship. If its meaningless to you - don't watch. We'll keep watching and he'll keep learning that you lace them up and put forth your best effort no matter the opponent... no matter the trophy. Play for your teammates, play for your school, play because you love the game and the competition, and play because there will come a time when you no longer can play. Very glad we made the choice to play in this tournament and hope the kids bring home the hardware!!!

The original press release from last September had the semis and the final on CBSSN (the actual real channel). Apparently this was a time-buy situation and for whatever reason they decided not to pay for the time, and the games (none of them) are not listed as being on CBSSN, but rather on "CBS Digital" which is just the free internet streams posted above. CBSSN is listed as carrying reruns of NCAA Tournament games in all of those time slots.

Apparently CBS is producing the games with CBS logos and such, rather than the "Herd Vision" stuff they have been using.

The original press release from last September had the semis and the final on CBSSN (the actual real channel). Apparently this was a time-buy situation and for whatever reason they decided not to pay for the time, and the games (none of them) are not listed as being on CBSSN, but rather on "CBS Digital" which is just the free internet streams posted above. CBSSN is listed as carrying reruns of NCAA Tournament games in all of those time slots.

Apparently CBS is producing the games with CBS logos and such, rather than the "Herd Vision" stuff they have been using.
They are not bringing the CBS truck here tonight. They are very pleased with the Marshall production team. They deemed it unnecessary to bring those assets here.
Marshall has done a remarkable job of raising the bar on digital production. We are the conference standard, for sure.

They are not bringing the CBS truck here tonight. They are very pleased with the Marshall production team. They deemed it unnecessary to bring those assets here.
Marshall has done a remarkable job of raising the bar on digital production. We are the conference standard, for sure.

To his credit, Jake Griffith is a young man with a plan. The entire crew does a great job imo. Glad he is getting in some extra practice time (!) as well...
Go Herd!

You realize we lost to Morehead last year, they finished 8-21....in 2015, they went to lowly CBI, we lost that year as well....also in 2014, they finished 17-17...also 2013, they finished 20-13, no tourney wins....we beat them by 3 points in 2012, they finished 15-18. If we are going to talk about inflating an opponent in the current state, not more than a decade ago, then it's a double standard to inflate Morehead state....just making a point here.

It doesn't matter what a program was or how bad their conference was 10-15 years ago, what matters is how good are they now and how did we fair against them..

Speaks of last year and Morehead in 'the lowly CBI.'

Gets triggered when people speak critically of MU...in a lower rated tournament this year.

Speaks of last year and Morehead in 'the lowly CBI.'

Gets triggered when people speak critically of MU...in a lower rated tournament this year.
Hey jackass, if you couldn't get the sarcasm in that post in regards to the CBI, you know, since you and a few others like to consistently throw off on us being in the CIT, I don't know what to tell ya. Last year morehead wasn't in the CBI, reread the post. We lost to an 8 win morehead squad last year..perfectly stated in that post

GHMY - time to insert your emergency tampon! Get over yourself and this intense vibe you are throwin’ at fellow Herd fans. It is what it is. I can’t wait to watch the game tonite. And if you’d let yourself off the hook, you might just be able to get excited about it as well. (tags Beefcake as he flies into the ring, applying the sleeper hold on a hapless GHMY...)

Reactions: beefcake0520
GHMY - time to insert your emergency tampon! Get over yourself and this intense vibe you are throwin’ at fellow Herd fans. It is what it is. I can’t wait to watch the game tonite. And if you’d let yourself off the hook, you might just be able to get excited about it as well. (tags Beefcake as he flies into the ring, applying the sleeper hold on a hapless GHMY...)
I don't think I will ever understand some of the things being thrown around here, and the fact that we are in this tournament being the center of it. CUSA is in a downward spiral as a basketball league, we had our best chance to place 2 in the dance last year and the committee showed us that just isn't going to happen, not with the programs we have now vs. what we had in 2.0. MTSU should have never gotten snubbed......but they did. I give facts about our opponents, why we should respect them and the elitist come out of the corners because they still believe we are CUSA 2.0. The Morehead debate, jeez, that program hasn't done much since Donnie left them for USM, and in turn got USM in trouble. IMO the OVC did great this year, they had 3 good programs, that almost never happens in that league, hats off to them. What I find laughable is the fact that they can get 2 of them in, while we had 3 worthy programs last year and 1 got in. This year is was a train wreck for the whole league, not even 1 NIT invite. The thing about morehead, I might respect them for their history, but the recent history is nothing to respect..........and we lost to them, and most of the programs in that conference are pretty bad. Any league that has good programs, it doesn't matter what league that is, can challenge and defeat a lot of so-called self established elite mid majors and power schools. I like that we are salvaging to the best of what we can do, a disappointing season, it was a good call. The fact that Hampton is no stranger to the NCAA, since we have some quoting things of long ago, should give Herd fans a little insight that we may very well have a good fight on our hands. They just went up and beat a 22 win NJIT squad by double digits, it gets my attention. I saw them take out Radford, who is also a 22 win squad, at Radford. I predicted that Charleston Southern would take out FAU, and they did, only to take on Hampton later and lose......PC won their first game as well, and gave us a helluva fight until 3 minutes left. IMO the Big South is representing well and is just flat out not getting any respect from some here. Ok, that's fine by me, be ignorant if they want to be. Simple searches would reveal what I already know. I hope we lay it on them, but I don't think it's going to be that easy and harder than playing PC. We, CUSA, are not above these conferences or programs until/unless we get some old dragons awoken in the conference. jmho.

...and yet here you are...legitimizing a tournament that MU fans would have thumbed their noses up just a few months earlier.
But hey, "since MU is in it" I guess nobody should hold MU basketball to a higher standard since the arguments seem to be basketball has achieved more, they should be.
But lets nitpick this .com tournament and just prop the team up for being there...forget the team really shouldn't and many MU fans are so desperate for winning something, anything, that this tournament actually excites them.
Lets also nitpick at the complaint that Penava leaving was the reason for our season (at least Gary is saying that) when it was no last minute thing, it was reported in April 2018 he was leaving so its a possibility Dan had an idea before then...he had an entire offseason to fix this problem.
Iran being injured is literally what happens to teams every single year. Its up to the coaches to adjust and some on here blamed him.
Lets nitpick at "more trophies in the case" which was also said...I'm sure people like trophies...in fact there's a whole movement to give everyone a trophy.
My gripe is the remarkable double standard by said fanbase about 2 sports and their support for them.
How is literally everything said any different than what MU football achieved?
They got trophies too...oh...because "everyone is going to a bowl" it doesn't matter.
So what do you call this .com tournament? What do you call this trophy?
"Yeah well we lost our star basketball player last minute" while it was said it wasn't last minute, nobody stepped in or stepped up. Nobody blaned Dan or the team...they blamed Penava.
Football loses their QB in almost the same way, and people are automatically losing their minds...some blamed Litton on his departure for losses, while some blamed Doc for not being able to coach.
MU didn't suffer a 50+ point loss to a terrible conference team mid season...losing by 10 to conference runner up called for an end to fan support and the season.

Nitpicking on both sports to prop or put down is everywhere on this board and done by everyone. Why not hold both sports to the same standards of winning...if that be the case however, that'd mean there'd actually have to be some criticism on this basketball season...seems quite light considering where they were just a season ago.
Peneva declared for the draft at the same time as Elmore and Burks did in April, but originally they each did this so that they could go through the evaluation process so that they could learn what they need to improve on. All three were expected to be back, but Peneva then hired an agent at the end of the basketball signing period, which left us with no options as a replacement. Peneva straight up screwed us over with his late and secret decision.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT