ADVERTISEMENT

Herd hoops on Sunday (11/19).

Flosports makes ESPN+ look like a big deal. Literally shows whatever if can get rights to for free or nearly free, often shot on a cell phone camara. Its not worth 2 cents a month.

Reactions: Herd1972
DD's crew blown out by Utah State, move into the losers' bracket and play Florida International, which is 1-4 but has played FAR better teams than us, today at 5PM. Still on the Flo Sports .

Speaking of bad teams... Herd basketball looked decent against Queens, but its starting to look like Queens is awful and we were slightly less bad at home.

Loss to Radford
Blown out by Utah State

Hopefully we can beat a pathetic FIU squad today.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Not everyone may know, and since I haven’t seen it mentioned worth noting that Obina didn’t get to go due to:
Some snafu over his passport?
How on God’s green earth was this not addressed months ago?
Inexcusable, and responsibility falls squarely on DD’s shoulders……..

Not everyone may know, and since I haven’t seen it mentioned worth noting that Obina didn’t get to go due to:
So we are playing without our only legit big man?... That should make for a fun couple of games before we get back stateside for our Kentucky trip on Friday.

Speaking of bad teams... Herd basketball looked decent against Queens, but its starting to look like Queens is awful and we were slightly less bad at home.

Loss to Radford
Blown out by Utah State

Hopefully we can beat a pathetic FIU squad today.

I love how this is done so effortlessly by fans.

Go ahead and say an opponent is pathetic now in case we win. And then if we lose it can be an even worse loss.

Wonderfully done sir

It was addresssed months ago it just was unresolvable. But sure. Let’s blame that on our head coach, son of Marshall and only coach to ever win an ncaa b-ball game here. Let’s use it to continue to belittle a man that loves this place and has forgotten more bball in the last three seconds than any of us will ever know in a lifetime

• Sad
Reactions: putnam green
It was addresssed months ago it just was unresolvable. But sure. Let’s blame that on our head coach, son of Marshall and only coach to ever win an ncaa b-ball game here. Let’s use it to continue to belittle a man that loves this place and has forgotten more bball in the last three seconds than any of us will ever know in a lifetime
So what’s the scoop? Obina either is or is not a U.S. citizen?

And Aaron - it’s ALWAYS on the head coach!
Look - I watched Danny play before you were born. Get outta here with that sh!t.
Love DD, but ownership transcends likability……

I love how this is done so effortlessly by fans.

Go ahead and say an opponent is pathetic now in case we win. And then if we lose it can be an even worse loss.

Wonderfully done sir
You need to find a new hobby man... Sports just isn't your thing.

FIU is pathetic... If you'd like some evidence to back that up –
1-4 record
Only victory is Houston Christian
Blowout loss to Tarleton State

Zero winning seasons in the past five years... A consistent CUSA bottom feeder program.

I hope Marshall wins every game we play. That doesn't change the fact that FIU is awful.

This is all 100 percent false.
Right, because in your childish world it has Marshall games on it, so it must be the bestest thing ever!!!!!

Memo, after this tournament, we aren't on it anymore, so you can go back to ignoring it. I'm pretty sure you never heard of it before last week anyway.

Its garbage.

I have 100 percent heard of it and 100 percent used it before.

You are right, I wont go back to using it, but that doesnt mean that the product has been bad. The product has been very good.

The Oakland Golden Grizzlies are 2-3, but they have been competitive throughout... Lost to Ohio State by 6, Drake by 7 and Illinois by 11.

Should be a competitive game.

Right, because in your childish world it has Marshall games on it, so it must be the bestest thing ever!!!!!

Memo, after this tournament, we aren't on it anymore, so you can go back to ignoring it. I'm pretty sure you never heard of it before last week anyway.

Its garbage.
Really curious what makes FloSports so awful in your mind? Honest question because I was watching last night thinking to myself the quality is right on par with price for a subscription. I'm not saying the quality is spectacular, but I would describe it as adequate.

In terms of the game I was really impressed with Fricks and Connors. The shots were falling and their length really effected FIU's ability to get off good shots. I'm not giving up hope on this team. Curfman won't continue to shoot 1-8. Voyles should continue to get more comfortable. Goran is good enough to get 8-10 minutes a game giving Martin and OAK a break. Crawford is servicable off the bench. Nutter provides a needed spart off the bench. This team is not winning 25 games, but I fully believe we have enough talent to make a run in this league. Oakland has played a tough schedule to this point so I expect today's game to be difficult. The spread continues to move in the Herd's favor.

It is too early to fully judge the basketball team. At this point it is best to stay cautiously optimistic and hope for the best. It could crash and burn or it we could all be pleasantly surprised... too early to tell.

It is too early to fully judge the basketball team. At this point it is best to stay cautiously optimistic and hope for the best. It could crash and burn or it we could all be pleasantly surprised... too early to tell.
Agreed... That is why games like todays matter. On paper, Oakland is an equal opponent. These are the games we need to win.

I don't think anyone expects us to beat the Kentucky's, Duke's, etc... But we need to beat the FIU's, Queens, etc.

Really curious what makes FloSports so awful in your mind?
Other than this and a couple of other off-shore tournaments, and a deal with the CAA (quick, name 3 teams in the CAA), it is just content they could cheaply acquire that even ESPN+ does not want. Sometimes produced professionally (this tournament has been) but more often shot on a Go-Pro or something like that.

Asking $20/month, or heck $2/month to watch non-Division I college sports; locally produced semi-pro professional wrestling, local bowling tournaments, cheerleading and band competitions, minor league and junior league hockey, local hero semi-pro car racing, and such like, along with tapes of sports from Australia or England produced years ago, is ludicrous.

After today, we get stomped by Big Blue on real TV (SEC Network) and then can go back to our normal home on ESPN+, which has actual sports featuring teams I have heard of.

Other than this and a couple of other off-shore tournaments, and a deal with the CAA (quick, name 3 teams in the CAA), it is just content they could cheaply acquire that even ESPN+ does not want. Sometimes produced professionally (this tournament has been) but more often shot on a Go-Pro or something like that.

Asking $20/month, or heck $2/month to watch non-Division I college sports; locally produced semi-pro professional wrestling, local bowling tournaments, cheerleading and band competitions, minor league and junior league hockey, local hero semi-pro car racing, and such like, along with tapes of sports from Australia or England produced years ago, is ludicrous.

After today, we get stomped by Big Blue on real TV (SEC Network) and then can go back to our normal home on ESPN+, which has actual sports featuring teams I have heard of.
Don't tell my son your opinion. He thinks watching the races at Florence Motor Speedway is must see TV.

Herd loses 78-71 to Oakland in a game that could only be described as "ugly."

2-3 on the year and prepping to fly back to the states and get drubbed by UK on Friday.

Thank goodness for DD's lifetime contract or there'd be coaching change talk on here.

Thank goodness for DD's lifetime contract or there'd be coaching change talk on here.
Yep. DD will be here for as long as he wishes, and will pick his successor. That is the price CS paid to get this job.

This is a token effort, but because the SBC is just an awful basketball league, we will probably come out somewhere like .500, which doesn't mean anything at all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT