ADVERTISEMENT

Hoops

herdfan429

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 4, 2007
Played in a shitty high school gym tonight and won by 18. Shot well from three

Alone in 3rd after JMU loses 76-73 in S’boro. In his 9th season, D’Antoni has achieved 20+ wins in four of them…only 2 losing campaigns (inaugural and last year) ……

Last edited:
We need to stay in 2nd or 3rd to avoid ULL as long as possible in the tournament. They are clearly the class of the league.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
ULL and JMU have been the only teams to really impress me a bit this season. Either USM played horribly against or we just played great, but they haven't impressed me at all. Agree, avoid ULL in the tourney as best we can and we have a good shot to take it all.

Watched the last 7 mins of the ULL @ USM game last night. What a great crowd! They were all in. Golden Eagles made their free throws for the most part, and played tough defense. ULL never got closer than 5 points down the stretch.

Eh. The NIT year was fun but we still lost 14 games.

The other year we finished sixth, dropped 12 games and lost on our home court to Ohio in the first round of the CIT.
Well I hate to use Sams line but maybe MU basketball isn't for you. I mean I would think any year we go ncaa or NIT would be labeled successful by any Herd fan given our history. To each his own

Reactions: Elkview
ULL and JMU have been the only teams to really impress me a bit this season. Either USM played horribly against or we just played great, but they haven't impressed me at all. Agree, avoid ULL in the tourney as best we can and we have a good shot to take it all.
Didn't they have two players get hurt against us?

Well I hate to use Sams line but maybe MU basketball isn't for you. I mean I would think any year we go ncaa or NIT would be labeled successful by any Herd fan given our history. To each his own
Touch dramatic there, @19MU88; don’t ya think? I love MU hoops.

The NIT year was fun. I admitted as much.

The other one under Herrion was okay. I don’t consider a 6th place finish and losing in the first round of one of those lame tournaments a very successful season.

I’m not sure 20 wins is as magical of a number as it used to be when every team plays 32-35 games/year.

Tom Herrion won 20+ games twice in four years.
I remember Woody saying that Herrion was quickest Herd MBB coach to reach 50 wins and then quickest to lose 50 games. It all seemed so great at first, but just like at the CoC he brought in toxic players and it all fell apart.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Touch dramatic there, @19MU88; don’t ya think? I love MU hoops.

The NIT year was fun. I admitted as much.

The other one under Herrion was okay. I don’t consider a 6th place finish and losing in the first round of one of those lame tournaments a very successful season.
Lol I really wanted to work that quote in.

In any case, I'll stand by any trip to ncaa or NIT as successful. As far as the other year goes, I'd say in my opinion it was good too. I mean CUSA still had good bball then including Memphis and Houston. We also beat wvu that year. The arena was packed for home games and it was electric. I'd say that year was probably one of the best non NCAA or NIT tourney years ever. I enjoyed it and have a hard time shrugging it off as ok

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT