ADVERTISEMENT

I dont care who makes the playoff as long as Big 10 teams doesn’t win it all.

People seem to forget Texas also lost to a 2 loss Oklahoma. Texas also barely beat Houston, who fired their coach. Barely beat TCU who finished 5 and 7. They did beat #25 Kansas St in ovetime as well. They were a handful points away from losing another 3 games.

Let's not act like Alabama was the only team given some favors.

People seem to forget Texas also lost to a 2 loss Oklahoma. Texas also barely beat Houston, who fired their coach. Barely beat TCU.

Let's not act like Alabama was the only given some favors.

But Texas beat Alabama head to head. The Texas-Oklahoma game was a great game. Oklahoma QB played lights out.

Reactions: alphasig1053
But Texas beat Alabama head to head. The Texas-Oklahoma game was a great game. Oklahoma QB played lights out.
Yehh and Alabama beat the #1 team in the country who had one 29 games in a row in Atlanta. Texas did beat Alabama, but they also lost to Oklahoma. YOu can't forget that part. They both got in.

Outside of Michigan(barf) and Washington, there were others teams who had legit arguments.

Yehh and Alabama beat the #1 team in the country who had one 29 games in a row in Atlanta. Texas did beat Alabama, but they also lost to Oklahoma. YOu can't forget that part. They both got in.

Outside of Michigan(barf) and Washington, there were others teams who had legit arguments.

Texas was 15 seconds away from a win against Oklahoma. Alabama was seconds away from a loss to Auburn.

What if Alabama lost to Auburn but yet still beat Georgia in the SEC title game?

Too arbitrary. FSU did what Alabama and Texas didn't do - they ran the table. I've always wanted an 8 team playoff. The 5 P5 conference champions plus 3 at-large teams.

Conference realignment plus the conference title games have thrown a wrench in things.

Texas was 15 seconds away from a win against Oklahoma. Alabama was seconds away from a loss to Auburn.

What if Alabama lost to Auburn but yet still beat Georgia in the SEC title game?

Too arbitrary. FSU did what Alabama and Texas didn't do - they ran the table. I've always wanted an 8 team playoff. The 5 P5 conference champions plus 3 at-large teams.

Conference realignment plus the conference title games have thrown a wrench in things.
I probably would have voted FSU in. They ran the table in a P5 conference. Did what they had to do. They let Clemson in when they ran the table. What more could have FSU done? Would have had no problem if they got in. Yes, their qb is hurt and they were down to 3rd string, but maybe that shows just how good they can be. They have a good defense. Good receivers. One of their receivers is one of the best in college football.

The committee was in a bind. Georgia lost. They were going to put a SEC team in. I get that. It for the last number of years has been the best conference. Well, then that means they either had to put GA in with one loss or pick Alabama with one loss. Then, Texas had argument. Georgia had an argument. That left Florida State out. If Georgia would have won, Florida State was likely in.

I probably would have voted FSU in. They ran the table in a P5 conference. Did what they had to do. They let Clemson in when they ran the table. What more could have FSU done? Would have had no problem if they got in. Yes, their qb is hurt and they were down to 3rd string, but maybe that shows just how good they can be. They have a good defense. Good receivers. One of their receivers is one of the best in college football.

The committee was in a bind. Georgia lost. They were going to put a SEC team in. I get that. It for the last number of years has been the best conference. Well, then that means they either had to put GA in with one loss or pick Alabama with one loss. Then, Texas had argument. Georgia had an argument. That left Florida State out. If Georgia would have won, Florida State was likely in.

I get and pretty much agree with everything you posted.

To me the math never worked. 5 conferences - 4 spots. In the best of times someone was going to get left out in the cold. That is why I liked the 8 team scenario. They've had plenty of time to work a plan to avoid a situation like this.

all you FSU believers want to bet me straight up in their bowl game against UGA?
No, but that is not really the point. One year the committee they put Ohio State in after they lost to Michigan by 20 plus points on their home field. Georgia if they were in the playoff might be able to win it all. The point is what more could FSU have done. I have alos stated Alabama and Texas had arguments as well. Georgia did too. They were #1 and lost by 3. Not in the playoff. Georgia very well still be could be the best team in the country.

Reactions: KyMUfan
Let's not act like Alabama was the only team given some favors.

Talk about favors...

IMG_1308_jpeg-3048652.JPG

That league has 2 good teams. One team that can't get over the hump. The rest are rust belt relics. I can't hardly watch their games anymore. Ohhh lok at us 12 and 0 or 11 and 1. Well nice job. 2 hard games, a Mac school, Indiana, Northwestern, Illinois, Minnesota., etc , etc on your schedule. Your games don't even look good on tv.

I like the Big 12 better. The last dance of the Pac 12 better.

I hope Florida State with their 5th string qb tomahawk chops Big Blue back to Ann Arbor. Your games don't even look good on TV. Faded turf and sleet.
Yes I mean Chattanooga is way better…..

I still stand by my opinion, if you schedule a FCS team you should automatically be disqualified from joining a 4 team playoff!!!!!

Besides FSU should be there before Alabama or Texas… can not wait for 12 team playoff

Yes I mean Chattanooga is way better…..

I still stand by my opinion, if you schedule a FCS team you should automatically be disqualified from joining a 4 team playoff!!!!!

Besides FSU should be there before Alabama or Texas… can not wait for 12 team playoff
No Chattanooga is not better but the SEC is better top to bottom than the Big 10 . As I stated, I would have likely voted FSU in and they are not from the SEC. I would have not left the SEC out of the playoff. Their one loss champion or even runner up should have got in. They did what they had to do. The committee basically told the ACC your conference is not worthy but, if it would have been Clemson they probably would have got in.

No Chattanooga is not better but the SEC is better top to bottom than the Big 10 . As I stated, I would have likely voted FSU in and they are not from the SEC. I would have not left the SEC out of the playoff. Their one loss champion or even runner up should have got in. They did what they had to do. The committee basically told the ACC your conference is not worthy but, if it would have been Clemson they probably would have got in.
I think FSU and Georgia should have been in the playoff…. Alabama got beat by Texas bad loss, Texas loss to OK was bad loss.. Georgia only loss is a Conference Championship…. Sorry but they wanted Bama and could only do that if they included Texas, FSU should have been picked.. SEC isn’t that good top to bottom, quit drinking the perception kool-aid.

Bama beating G5 teams and Chattanooga doesn’t make them great…

Still I stand with, “if you play a FCS team you do not deserve a shot at the title!!!”

You’re playing a completely different “Lower” division, DISQUALIFIED!!!!!!

Every expansion of the "playoffs" by the focus of evil in the sports word, ESPN. The 12 (eventually 16 and then 24) versions won't be any better, they will be worse. College football playoffs are an answer to a question no one asked. You played hard, you went to a bowl, deal was over January 1. Basketball season. End of story.

FSU was done wrong, and should, should it beat Georgia, declare itself National Champion.

Reactions: KyMUfan
I think FSU and Georgia should have been in the playoff…. Alabama got beat by Texas bad loss, Texas loss to OK was bad loss.. Georgia only loss is a Conference Championship…. Sorry but they wanted Bama and could only do that if they included Texas, FSU should have been picked.. SEC isn’t that good top to bottom, quit drinking the perception kool-aid.

Bama beating G5 teams and Chattanooga doesn’t make them great…

Still I stand with, “if you play a FCS team you do not deserve a shot at the title!!!”

You’re playing a completely different “Lower” division, DISQUALIFIED!!!!!!
Texas is a bad loss but they got in the playoff?

Every expansion of the "playoffs" by the focus of evil in the sports word, ESPN. The 12 (eventually 16 and then 24) versions won't be any better, they will be worse. College football playoffs are an answer to a question no one asked. You played hard, you went to a bowl, deal was over January 1. Basketball season. End of story.

FSU was done wrong, and should, should it beat Georgia, declare itself National Champion.
Disney is on its way to getting busted up or selling off divisions. Or, Disney perhaps will get bought. Wonder what will happen to ESPN? If they get sold off will they have the same influence?

Florida State is not one of 4 best teams right now. Unfortunate their injury situation.

13-0 in a P5 conference. The system is broken. The emergence of 2 super conferences isn't going to fix much of this, even with an expanded field next year.

Reactions: The Real SamC
Would they be 13-0 with the backup QB….that’s what the committee had to factor in…judging by their performance last 2 weeks with him it’s no….that’s why they went the way they did.

Should’ve actually dropped them behind Georgia as well

Would they be 13-0 with the backup QB….that’s what the committee had to factor in…judging by their performance last 2 weeks with him it’s no….that’s why they went the way they did.

Should’ve actually dropped them behind Georgia as well
This logic is exactly why 4 team playoff was never a good idea.. should be 16 teams but I’ll settle for 12…

FSU got screwed… and Michigan will win it all and all the SEC koolaid drinkers will say.. but but but The SEC is still better top to bottom!

Those UT Martins and Chattanoogas are some really tough games let me tell ya..

Texas is a bad loss but they got in the playoff?

Texas wasn't a bad loss for Alabama, I thought if Ewers didn't get hurt last year, they'd have won that game too.

I think Texas dominating Oklahoma State was what punched their ticket in. Had it been a close, like within a TD game, Texas may have been left out and FSU gets in if they won by more.

To me it was how well the teams did in their conference title games, FSU struggled, and Texas cruised.

Texas wasn't a bad loss for Alabama, I thought if Ewers didn't get hurt last year, they'd have won that game too.

I think Texas dominating Oklahoma State was what punched their ticket in. Had it been a close, like within a TD game, Texas may have been left out and FSU gets in if they won by more.

To me it was how well the teams did in their conference title games, FSU struggled, and Texas cruised.
Yea Texas beating powerhouse OK state, a team that lost to Iowa state, UCF, South Alabama, and played mighty Central Arkansas, really showed the world that they are worthy of a Playoff spot…

Issues was they had to have a SEC team in the playoffs and they could put Alabama in without Texas..

FSU got screwed

There are 65 “Power 5” schools. FSU had a SOS of 55. There best win all year was against middle of the SEC pack LSU (5th highest ranked SEC team).

Basically, FSU was the Liberty of P5. Liberty wouldn’t have gotten the spot if any other G5 champ would have only had one loss.

There are 65 “Power 5” schools. FSU had a SOS of 55. There best win all year was against middle of the SEC pack LSU (5th highest ranked SEC team).

Basically, FSU was the Liberty of P5. Liberty wouldn’t have gotten the spot if any other G5 champ would have only had one loss.
FSU is 13-0 in the ACC beat 2 SEC schools in their OOC schedule and a ranked UL for a championship..

Bama played Chattanooga.. enough said..

FSU got screwed..

Florida State played North Alabama….

But anyway….IF FSU still had Jordan Travis they’d be in the playoff….unfortunately they don’t….without him they aren’t one of the top 4. If you watched them the last 2 weeks without him you can see that.

Bump. And don't give me that FSU is depleted crap. I guess they can take solace in the fact that they might only be down 4 tds with their full roster?

Bump. And don't give me that FSU is depleted crap. I guess they can take solace in the fact that they might only be down 4 tds with their full roster?
I’ll give it to you. They were a bit more than just depleted.

“The Seminoles played without their top two quarterbacks, top two running backs, top two receivers, starting tight end, three starting defensive linemen, two of three starting linebackers and three starting defensive backs. They were down 29 scholarship players in all.”

The committee may or may not have gotten it right but yesterday’s game was not an indicator.

I’ll give it to you. They were a bit more than just depleted.

“The Seminoles played without their top two quarterbacks, top two running backs, top two receivers, starting tight end, three starting defensive linemen, two of three starting linebackers and three starting defensive backs. They were down 29 scholarship players in all.”

The committee may or may not have gotten it right but yesterday’s game was not an indicator.
To be fair to FSU, Georgia's 2nd and 3rd string only beat them 21-0.

Reactions: 19MU88
I feel bad for FSU not making the playoff. That being said, the reality is Georgia is probably the best team in the country. They got beat by Alabama but, if they play well they are likely the best team in the country. If FSU was full strength and Georgia full strength, Georgia still beats them the majority of the time.

Finally, college football is broken.

Now we all know why FSU did not get selected.... (even at full strenth Georgia would most likely win)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT