ADVERTISEMENT

If Huff is smart, win or lose Saturday, he’d resign

I don’t disagree with that, but he’s not getting another head coaching job. I don’t think he is regardless, but taking another job could salvage the optics of what this is going to eventually look like to other schools.
Could also make him look like a quitter and turn off other opportunities.

You also have to realize that head coaches have egos and they're never going to just willingly quit.

The only coach I've ever heard of that happily quit was Ogeron. Even then he was stubborn until they told hum they'd give hom $17M and he then said which door do you want me to leave out of.

Huff probably thinks he can still turn it around and isn't going to just quit. He'll have to be motivated to. Also his wife apparently likes it here and like her job. So she probably won't be down with hubby just throwing in the towel.

I just hope we don't give him an extension.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Could also make him look like a quitter and turn off other opportunities.

You also have to realize that head coaches have egos and they're never going to just willingly quit.

The only coach I've ever heard of that happily quit was Ogeron. Even then he was stubborn until they told hum they'd give hom $17M and he then said which door do you want me to leave out of.

Huff probably thinks he can still turn it around and isn't going to just quit. He'll have to be motivated to. Also his wife apparently likes it here and like her job. So she probably won't be down with hubby just throwing in the towel.

I just hope we don't give him an extension.
I bet my last nickel he gets and extension either way.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
I think that UTEP game was the final nail in the coffin.
I remember Snyder's final game that we lost. You could see it in his face that he knew he would finally be let go. I think even his daughters were crying in the stands.

Unfortunate, but the reality was Snyder just wasn't capable of running the show. He was a damn good defensive coordinator and needed to stick to jobs with his wheelhouse.

We are stuck with Huff for 1 more season, but will fire Trickett at the end of the season. After 2024 season, Spears won't renew his contract and we did get to start over. I do like the idea of hiring a success FCS HC to come to Huntington.

I bet my last nickel he gets and extension either way.

I remember Snyder's final game that we lost. You could see it in his face that he knew he would finally be let go. I think even his daughters were crying in the stands.

Unfortunate, but the reality was Snyder just wasn't capable of running the show. He was a damn good defensive coordinator and needed to stick to jobs with his wheelhouse.
Really? Was he a good defensive coordinator? He was a co for one season at OSU.

Ice T React GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

For the good of his career. Currently he’s around 22-16 correct me if I am wrong please, next year he has to know it is a clown show at best. So let’s say he pulls out a .500 season so he’s 28-22. Big deal. Otoh if they go 2-10 ,a real possibility imo, he’s 24-26 or below .500.
So by resigning now he guaranteed a winning record. So now go get an NFL job with a playoff type team, somebody will hire him as Assistant HC , which is a nice title but in reality it’s a nothing burger

Stay with them for 3 yrs and now you can go get a power 5 HC job
You’d have a guy coming from the NFL, playoffs etc
A guy who has been a HC in college
A guy with a winning record in college
A guy who beat ND while st Marshall
A guy who beat Va Tech at Marshall
A guy who won a bowl game

Much easier route to go Probably earn as much or more than at MU
And it’s better than hanging around getting his brain beaten in next year

You're gonna be so mad when the evidence presents itself that Huff will absolutely not follow your post/advice which is littered with batsh*t lunacy.

@W-S HerdFan , how are you going to like the first post in this thread, then like the most recent post that called out the absurdity of the post you supported?

How long are you going to sit on the fence?

@W-S HerdFan , how are you going to like the first post in this thread, then like the most recent post that called out the absurdity of the post you supported?

How long are you going to sit on the fence?

You do realize a person can like a post for multiple reasons right? For example, I may not agree with someone's post, but understand the argument/message and like the post. Doesn't mean that someone is straddling the fence. Also, are you the grammar and the like police?

For example, I may not agree with someone's post, but understand the argument/message and like the post.
He does it frequently. He isn’t liking something be sure he “understands the argument” but doesn’t agree with it.

Also, are you the grammar and the like police?
I’m also the moron police, and you’re looking at many arrests.

does anyone know if Huff got a 1 year extension after this season/game? I don't think so. If not, he is a lame duck

does anyone know if Huff got a 1 year extension after this season/game? I don't think so. If not, he is a lame duck

It likely would have been announced.
If they do any sort of extension, it won't happen till later anyway.
It would t look good to be fired and see your boss gets an extension.

Reactions: marshallsig
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT