ADVERTISEMENT

Landon Calls For Doc To Step Down

Herdmeister

Platinum Buffalo
Jan 18, 2006
In his column for the Sunday HD he says Doc should hang out the "Gone Fishing " sign.
In Grant's story tomorrow he says the football program has far more questions than answers.

I see no way Doc survives. If MH wants to retain him he will be told no by the BOG. I'm sure MH will explain that to Doc and Doc will resign

In his column for the Sunday HD he says Doc should hang out the "Gone Fishing " sign.
In Grant's story tomorrow he says the football program has far more questions than answers.

I see no way Doc survives. If MH wants to retain him he will be told no by the BOG. I'm sure MH will explain that to Doc and Doc will resign
If we’ve learned anything it’s that Landon’s track record on these kind of things isn’t exactly stellar. I hope he’s right but won’t bet getting my hopes up based off of his article or grants

Hopefully the boys over here censor it! They can’t have that kind of propaganda spreading about those who they vow to protect!

I know for a fact, the BOG is going to be involved if MH tries to extend. Not saying it won't be approved but certainly no rubber stamp like the previous board

Reactions: HERD_Rich
So, I have to ask how you know "for a fact" that the BOG will be involved. One would assume that is coming from our BBall coach since he has several personal contacts on the BOG. That is my biggest issue. And that is where the divide is.

IF, he gets his way and this becomes some type of a primarily bball school, then that is a big time issue.

So, we now have MULTIPLE pro-Bball people on a board of regular people, who are going to making the decision on the football coach, and are trying to find a way to get rid of our best AD EVER. And its not close, like not even CLOSE to being CLOSE.

I am going to leave the rest of my opinions to myself for now in this regard.

This article is not bad, it is PATHETICALLY PITIFUL. The basis of this is online quotes from "fans" of the football team.

Well, those people do not speak for all of the fans.

Oh well. I am sure at some point, you guys are going to get what you want. And you know what, when you do, it still wont be good enough.

LETS GO HERD!!! Both Bball and Football. And yes, I know there are other sports.

So, I have to ask how you know "for a fact" that the BOG will be involved. One would assume that is coming from our BBall coach since he has several personal contacts on the BOG. That is my biggest issue. And that is where the divide is.

IF, he gets his way and this becomes some type of a primarily bball school, then that is a big time issue.

So, we now have MULTIPLE pro-Bball people on a board of regular people, who are going to making the decision on the football coach, and are trying to find a way to get rid of our best AD EVER. And its not close, like not even CLOSE to being CLOSE.

This article is not bad, it is PATHETICALLY PITIFUL. The basis of this is online quotes from "fans" of the football team.

Oh well. I am sure at some point, you guys are going to get what you want. And you know what, when you do, it still wont be good enough.

LETS GO HERD!!! Both Bball and Football. And yes, I know there are other sports.
I hope they give you a damn raise, Perk. Sheesh that was some passion! Whatever they’re paying you, it ain’t enough that’s for sure.

I think Doc is doing a good enough job making Marshall a “primarily bball school”

"This article is not bad, it is PATHETICALLY PITIFUL. The basis of this is online quotes from "fans" of the football team," AP.

Aaron you DO realize that Landon wrote a column, not a news article, don't you?

Reactions: rvntx
I dont really care about the difference of whether it was a column or article. My apologies for typing it incorrectly. Lets try again

"This column is not bad, it is PATHETICALLY PITIFUL. The basis of this is online quotes from "fans" of the football team."

There. I hope this is more appealing to your ear.

End of the day. It sucked, it was pathetic. He used to be better than that. He is stirring the masses for BP. Nothing has ever changed. It is a personal revenge game.

He knows, that like fans, he is going to be here a lot longer than any coach, assistant coach, player, or AD. He is going to burn that BP cross until he is put into the grave, or retires.

I’m not for being a primarily basketball school, as we never have been.
I don’t want to hear no shit about back in the day at the Field House, Football is what Marshall is known for, and it is what makes the school visible outside of the Tri-State.

I know damn well ain’t nobody driving 6 hours one way for a damn basketball game like they do football. I enjoy watching our basketball team, but no comparison between the two in terms of importance to fans, Huntington, Marshall, etc.

If we want to be a football school shouldn’t we have a football coach that wins championships? I honestly don’t understand those that want us to be a football school but not wanting to find a new coach.

how about we have the best Basketball program and football program in the conference?

The last part of your post is one thing we should all agree on. However, there is a group of folks, and they are easy to spot on here and other places, who are one or the other, and MOST of the "one or the other" crew are ONLY bball.

Reactions: rvntx
And that’s ok. Everyone has there favorite sports/programs. That doesn’t mean we don’t pull together to make the whole university better.

From what I’ve heard MH doesn’t like basketball and is consistently butting heads with Danny. That’s on MH.

I dont really care about the difference of whether it was a column or article. My apologies for typing it incorrectly. Lets try again

"This column is not bad, it is PATHETICALLY PITIFUL. The basis of this is online quotes from "fans" of the football team."

There. I hope this is more appealing to your ear.

End of the day. It sucked, it was pathetic. He used to be better than that. He is stirring the masses for BP. Nothing has ever changed. It is a personal revenge game.

He knows, that like fans, he is going to be here a lot longer than any coach, assistant coach, player, or AD. He is going to burn that BP cross until he is put into the grave, or retires.
Oh, where's Ernie when you need him?

See. From what you have heard. And from where have you heard that.

The bball only fans.

And you are right, people do have favortie sports. But when they use that to put down another sport at the same university. That is where the problem is.

I agree with Aaron on this. Looking at some of the people on the BoG it doesn’t give you much confidence to make sound logical decisions.

I’m both a football and basketball season ticket holder. For our university to grow in enrollment, donations and on a national stage we need our football program to be winning and getting national attention.

We received more attention and more eyeballs nationwide saw “Marshall” the weeks we were ranked this season than anytime since 2014.

Basketball made a good run a few years ago, and was talked about for about 48 hrs til that other school in the state named the score against us. As Middle Tennessee has proven you can have a great regular season in hoops but if don’t close the deal in March it doesn’t matter. We can gain national recognition and national rankings in football in this conference, that’s been proven as well.

Now on Chuck’s writing, of course he’s agenda driven, and when he’s in that mode is when he’s also at his worst. Many mistakes in his “facts” and “predictions” in the past that we all know is pages long. And when his sources and thorough research comes from grabbing a handful of posts immediately following a game shows how professional he is.

I have no idea if Doc will be back or not. I do know we need the athletic department to be run by Mike Hamrick for the next few years at least because he understands the landscape and importance of all of our athletic programs.

Reactions: rvntx and jete2
See. From what you have heard. And from where have you heard that.

The bball only fans.

And you are right, people do have favortie sports. But when they use that to put down another sport at the same university. That is where the problem is.

the problem is you believe that anyone saying we need to expect more from our football program wants to “put down” the program.

you got upset at Paul Swann for being biased against Marshall for posting that they were picked to lose the bowl lol. That’s like conservatives getting mad at Fox News for being liberal. 😂

No, see that is where you are wrong. Is my delivery poor when I am fired up and defensive, yes.

I do expect to win championships. But I also know that there are 13 other teams in this conference, all with payrolls, and 85 scholarships, etc. All are fighting for the same goal

We have been to three championships in his tenure. Only UAB can match that.

We are consistently in the mix until very late in the season. He built a program.

My issue with the way people are towards doc is the lack of respect. The blatant lack of respect of the work a man has done for our program.

This COLUMN was terrible. Just terrible. And the way people are pimping this COLUMN as gospel, is disgusting.

No, see that is where you are wrong. Is my delivery poor when I am fired up and defensive, yes.

I do expect to win championships. But I also know that there are 13 other teams in this conference, all with payrolls, and 85 scholarships, etc. All are fighting for the same goal

We are consistently in the mix until very late in the season. He built a program.

My issue with the way people are towards doc is the lack of respect. The blatant lack of respect of the work a man has done for our program.

This COLUMN was terrible. Just terrible. And the way people are pimping this COLUMN as gospel, is disgusting.

Doc has represented the program well, had some memorable games, highs and lows. While I respect Doc and am appreciative of his efforts here, I just want to see us be a consistent conference Champ, top 25 team more often than not. I want to see us hit the next level of success. I think he’s laid a nice foundation, now it’s time for growth of the program in order for it to have a future at all.

"Only UAB can match that."
But they have done it in the last few years, not 11.
"In the mix until very late in the season."
And therein lies the problem. We get conservative, then we implode.

I didn't read much of this thread, but did notice a post by @Chris McLaughlin .

High quality post, and that's why I've always endorsed him as owner of this board.

I ask all posters to respect Chris, because he's had a really bad year. Covid, the Herd, the Nationals, and I could go on forever. But like myself, he's a good looking man that means no harm to anyone else.

That's why the boys of Pullman Square put our trust and faith into Chris McLaughlin.

In a conference where we should have a clear advantage based on our tradition alone. We should
be the Boise of the MTW, The App. State of the Sunbelt. We have the namesake and tradition. But each and every year it seems like we squander it. Recruiting should be easier, it seems of late we have been slipping in arguably the worst conference in G5. Until 2018, we were 12-2 in Bowl games since returning to 1A. If I'm correct a record that was only matched by Bama, in Bowl-winning percentage. We have a notable leg-up in this conference and in G5 in general. But, yet over the last 5, we have continually slipped.

And only won one. This year like last was a gift and fell short.

Exactly, this is my problem with Doc. We seem to fade late year after year. Faded in 2014, last year, and this year. Every year there seems to be smoke of malcontent in the locker-room with the players. Nothing is proven, but it's the same dark smoke year after year. Ironically, at the same time, we falter.

That is coaching.

I’m not for being a primarily basketball school, as we never have been.
I don’t want to hear no shit about back in the day at the Field House, Football is what Marshall is known for, and it is what makes the school visible outside of the Tri-State.

I know damn well ain’t nobody driving 6 hours one way for a damn basketball game like they do football. I enjoy watching our basketball team, but no comparison between the two in terms of importance to fans, Huntington, Marshall, etc.
I drive more than 6 hours regularly . I was in Charleston, SC a couple weeks and a few of us are going to Ruston on Friday for 2 games vs La Tech. Then Jan 21 I'll be in Miami for FIU and later in Norfolk. Then of course the tournament in March. Believe me, I'm not the only one. Even with limited seating there were about 100 Herd fans at the C of C game on a Wednesday night

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
This talk of Marshall always being known for football is laughable. The success of the round ballers in the 40’s, 50’s & 60’s is well documented. And hell yes we packed the field house for many seasons! The basketball style Henderson invented is entertaining, and people want to be entertained.

Reactions: Herdmeister
Aaron a true fan would support BOTH sports. You sir are not a true fan how dare you speak bad about a Marshall program. Dantoni has just as many championships as doc does in half the time.

Not really sure what you are getting at here. I most definitely support both sports. Not sure where I spoke negatively of bball or D'antoni as a coach. I think last year was his best coaching job ever.

The fact that you think the basketball offices are spreading propaganda about the AD tells me everything I need to know.

dude. Look at the people who post those things. Now think of other things those same people post. Think about what sport they talk about. Who they talk about and where they get it from. Now. Think of who recently was added to the BoG and who was already on it.

it’s not that difficult to put two and two together.

dude. Look at the people who post those things. Now think of other things those same people post. Think about what sport they talk about. Who they talk about and where they get it from. Now. Think of who recently was added to the BoG and who was already on it.

it’s not that difficult to put two and two together.
As a moderator of herdnation.com, why aren’t you on the board?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT