ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like CSU

Weren't they playing without a head coach since their guy went to Florida?

I guess we could be in the same situation.

I saw CSU play 4 times this year. Wasn't impressed at all, never thought they were as good as us.

Utah has been in and around the top 25 all year long, good solid team who last their QB over the last few weeks of the season. They are no Colorado or Boston College, LOL

My opinion is that if the coach left he left and the players are not dwelling on it, they move on. I look at our case as worse. Limbo and everyone wondering what is going to happen. I don't know the numbers, but it has always seemed to me that teams who lost their coach do pretty good.

Originally posted by jocktalker:
Not really. Utah is for real. P5 vs G5 mismatch.

P5 vs G5? Utah is not far enough removed from being a G5 to receive the "they won because affiliation" commentary.

Utah is also NOT for real, the MW and CSU were and will be OVER RATED yearly.

Really? I guess TCU Shouldn't have been in the running for a playoff spot. Too soon removed from G5 status, I guess if we follow your logic.

This is laughable. And CUSA and Marshall with there schedule is not overrated? You guys trash other teams and conferences and we are in one of the (if not the ) worst conference out there. And wait until Charlotte arrives. That will do wonders for CUSA.
rolleyes.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Bleed_Kelly_Green:
I also saw on Twitter that the ENTIRE Colo St. coaching staff was given termination notices at some point after the game was over.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
That's standard state law/HR procedures. It doesn't mean they all won't be retained.

Really? I guess TCU Shouldn't have been in the running for a playoff spot. Too soon removed from G5 status, I guess if we follow your logic.
Using my logic you would have understood the point as to what I was saying, not as to what you perceived I was saying.

What I was saying is that it seems too premature for Utah to be hailed as this historic P5

Sorry if I misunderstood your meaning but here is my position restated.

Although Utah did win a BCS Bowl while a member of the Mountain West, their program has grown significantly since joining the PAC 12. More money, better exposure and playing tougher competition has made Utah a much better program than they were in their mid-major days. Again, IMO, a classic P5/G5 mismatch.

Sorry if I misunderstood your meaning but here is my position restated.

Although Utah did win a BCS Bowl while a member of the Mountain West, their program has grown significantly since joining the PAC 12. More money, better exposure and playing tougher competition has made Utah a much better program than they were in their mid-major days. Again, IMO, a classic P5/G5 mismatch.
I agree they have been given access to what all college football teams should share. All.

What really bugs me is, Marshall would be the same team to me regardless of conference.

Can a team change from the Sunbelt to the ACC and instantly be better? The p5/g5 labels should not exist. All teams should line up at the start of the season and be in the same position, just win. All conference champions should go to the playoff, the rest to bowls.

Originally posted by greenherdman:

This is laughable. And CUSA and Marshall with there schedule is not overrated? You guys trash other teams and conferences and we are in one of the (if not the ) worst conference out there. And wait until Charlotte arrives. That will do wonders for CUSA.
rolleyes.r191677.gif

No, based on the computer ratings the MWC is rated the highest, the AAC is 2nd with us a close 3rd, and the MAC and Sun Belt are close to a TD worse than CUSA on average per team. FWIW, the MWC is about a FG better than CUSA on average this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT