ADVERTISEMENT

Mark it Down: 12-20

Some of what you said I ageee with and some I don’t. Spear didn’t hire HUff and still had a year left on his contract. Not right to fire after 3 years in my opinion plus can we really afford buyout. Spears didn’t hire DD and it’s tough to fire someone after the number of games we won last year. He did extend contract but with no penalty for nullifying early. A smart move I feel. As to sitting and watching them disintegrate losing games, I don’t think he should fire someone mid season. We may disagree on that. Can you give him credit for woman’s bb hire, softball hire and finding other sources of revenue so far. It’s way too e soon to be critical. Let’s see what happens soon.
I have been among the biggest supporters of the women's basketball team, and their new coach. That looks like a phenomenal hire.

Thus far the jury is still out on softball. They are 11-9, so no, Im not going to declare that a home run hire yet.

As for finding other sources of revenue, please enlighten the rest of us? Because when the books close on this athletic year, I would be willing to bet our revenue is down over year prior. Football having a mediocre year and mens basketball being terrible is bad for revenue and those losses can not be made up by soccer, women's basketball, tennis, etc.

It's not too soon to be critical. The athletic department is cashing our checks for tickets, donations, etc. They get to hear our opinions.

The current state of football doesn't bode well either.
Unless you know where we could have come up with some cash for a buyout...plus $$ to hire a new coach, his hands have been tied.

With BB, I agree, Danny should have been given a chance to leave gracefully. His performance this year, no excuse for this not to happen.

Spears, overall has done a solid job.

I have been among the biggest supporters of the women's basketball team, and their new coach. That looks like a phenomenal hire.

Thus far the jury is still out on softball. They are 11-9, so no, Im not going to declare that a home run hire yet.

As for finding other sources of revenue, please enlighten the rest of us? Because when the books close on this athletic year, I would be willing to bet our revenue is down over year prior. Football having a mediocre year and mens basketball being terrible is bad for revenue and those losses can not be made up by soccer, women's basketball, tennis, etc.

It's not too soon to be critical. The athletic department is cashing our checks for tickets, donations, etc. They get to hear our opinions.
First let me say I enjoy our dialogue as it’s positive. It’s the only way I will communicate. I agree on softball and track and field for that matter. I have been told by Big Green people other sources have been added but I cant state facts. Maybe we will all have a different outlook in a couple of weeks regarding changes and I agree with you we have the right to state our opinions.

The Vaccines Excitement GIF by AbsoluteRadio

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
We still have a shot at a winning record.
NOPE!! Even under sharp-minded JOE B., all the illegals put together CANNOT bring in all the vast amount of mind altering and performance enhancing drugs needed to accomplish the task in time!!

NOPE!! Even under sharp-minded JOE B., all the illegals put together CANNOT bring in all the vast amount of mind altering and performance enhancing drugs needed to accomplish the task in time!!
Are you drunk?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT