ADVERTISEMENT

New Baseball Coach

I think this is an awesome hire to be honest. Beals has taken teams to regionals on multiple occasions. His recruiting base here at Marshall can stay similar to what it was at Ohio State. I think AD Spears knocked it out of the park.
The Sunbelt is ranked higher than the BIg 10 in baseball. Far and away better than the MAC. CUSA is alos better than the Big 10 and way better than the MAC.

I think it’s a great hire myself.
I have limited college baseball knowledge, but this seems like as close to a “home run” hire as our program could get.
It is a very nice get for Marshall. Hes been the head coach at high level division one baseball program. Was Head Coach at Ball State before that. He has taken teams to regionals. He’s an established Baseball mind who will give the program stability/credibility. Marshall has a lot to offer athletes. New stadium. Great Baseball conference.

I am trusting our leadership at Marshall because of decisions like this. He has landed at the right place at the right time. I want to be at the first game at the new stadium. If I said that last year people would have thought I found the fountain of youth!!!!! Go Herd

Reactions: Elkview
So what happened at Akron? He didn’t coach a game did he? The article I read said he was fired from Ohio State because he didn’t win(Covid) and he wants to be where he can build a program. Well he sure has that opportunity here.

Reactions: RhinoD
So what happened at Akron? He didn’t coach a game did he? The article I read said he was fired from Ohio State because he didn’t win(Covid) and he wants to be where he can build a program. Well he sure has that opportunity here.
Akron is a dumpster that dropped the program in 2018 and is now privately funded. They just fired former Reds great Chris Sabo.

Akron is a dumpster that dropped the program in 2018 and is now privately funded. They just fired former Reds great Chris Sabo.
You know your baseball program is a dumpster fire when taking over a historically terrible program with no home field for at least the next two years is a step up, lol.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Hopefully y’all can chill some on the baseball subject. Lol. We have a new coach. They’re working on a field. Chillllllllll…….

Permits for what?

Sorry there are no existing permits or plans for a baseball stadium filed with the multiple levels of government necessary. Just permits to clear an empty lot. That is all.

And, BTW, the types of signage posted in front of a worksite don't tell you what they are building. Read a book.

I would have to say the permits are already existing, or will be provided, particularly when it's known that the city passing out the permits actually took part in the funding of the stadium. I read where the city of Huntington and Marshall University contributed $10,000,000.00, while the state of West Virginia provided the balance, which was close to $14,000,000.00.

Would the city of Huntington and the state of West Virginia fund the construction of a baseball stadium, and then turn around and not provide the permits? Sounds highly unlikely to me.

Permits for what?

Sorry there are no existing permits or plans for a baseball stadium filed with the multiple levels of government necessary. Just permits to clear an empty lot. That is all.

And, BTW, the types of signage posted in front of a worksite don't tell you what they are building. Read a book.
How can you clear an empty lot, lol. If it is empty, then it is already clear. Level you mean? In that case it is already leveled and has been for a while with materials on-site and foundation excavation already in process.

I'm going to assume that you have never worked construction a day in your life, because while building permits will not always state the end product, in this case "building a baseball stadium" like you need, each individual one explicitly states one of the various levels of construction approved.

I HIGHLY encourage you to take the quick drive down to the construction site and look for yourself.

Back on the original topic of the coach though, has anyone heard any rumblings of the assistants Beals is bringing with him?

I would have to say the permits are already existing, or will be provided, particularly when it's known that the city passing out the permits actually took part in the funding of the stadium. I read where the city of Huntington and Marshall University contributed $10,000,000.00, while the state of West Virginia provided the balance, which was close to $14,000,000.00.

Would the city of Huntington and the state of West Virginia fund the construction of a baseball stadium, and then turn around and not provide the permits? Sounds highly unlikely to me.
I've read stories about the new baseball stadium for many decades. Never have actually seen one.

The last time we had this thread, a poster who works in the very department that would approve such things stated that none of the requirements had been met.

Believe it when I see it.

I've read stories about the new baseball stadium for many decades. Never have actually seen one.

The last time we had this thread, a poster who works in the very department that would approve such things stated that none of the requirements had been met.

Believe it when I see it.
Pretty sure that poster returned and updated his comment.

I went to chipotle and grabbed a late lunch today. For fun, drove by the new baseball stadium site on my way back to work. There were like 6 large movers going that were digging and carrying piping and equipment, giant piles of piping and rebar and like 40 guys working on site… and that is just what I could see driving by.

Last edited:
I went to chipotle and grabbed a late lunch today. For fun, drove by the new baseball stadium site on my way back to work. There were like 6 large movers going carrying piping and equipment, giant piles of piping and rebar and like 40 guys working on site… and that is just what I could see driving by.
Thanks for the update man. Appreciate it.

I went to chipotle and grabbed a late lunch today. For fun, drove by the new baseball stadium site on my way back to work. There were like 6 large movers going that were digging and carrying piping and equipment, giant piles of piping and rebar and like 40 guys working on site… and that is just what I could see driving by.
No way that was happening. Sam has already told us they didn’t even have permits

Reactions: raleighherdfan
This is great! Not only does it look like we are getting a stadium, but since we don’t have any permits, we are getting an illegal stadium. I hope it has one of those entrance doors that has the sliding window where the person on the other side checks you out before he lets you in.

• Haha
This is great! Not only does it look like we are getting a stadium, but since we don’t have any permits, we are getting an illegal stadium. I hope it has one of those entrance doors that has the sliding window where the person on the other side checks you out before he lets you in.
With a super secret handshake and password

Reactions: greengeezer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT