ADVERTISEMENT

New Floor in Henderson Center is Minus

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
The footprints of Bruce Morris commemorating the longest shot in NCAA basketball history. Why? A beautiful new floor minus this piece of both Marshall and NCAA basketball history. Whomever made that decision should explain why to the fan base not to mention to Mr. Morris. Just my opinion.

Take It In Standing Still GIF by Barbara Pozzi

Peel and stick

At the end of the day they are still going to go to the games, buy hot dogs and popcorn, contribute to the Big Green, and bitch like a little bitch.

I don’t consider this bitching.

What music we play, what is served at the concession, halftime entertainment. That is bitching.

This is a major piece of Herd history.

I don’t consider this bitching.

What music we play, what is served at the concession, halftime entertainment. That is bitching.

This is a major piece of Herd history.
It is still bitching, but bitches are going to bitch. BTW: I am bitching about this as well, just ask my wife.

I just don’t see any benefit of not including them.

That’s kind of my point. There are obviously lots of people that would like them there. The cost is basically nothing, and what does it harm those who are indifferent?

Why would this be a battle worth fighting to anyone opposed?

Reactions: HerdGrad1999
So, had recently moved to MD. Walking through a shopping mall, and I see this being played on the display TV’s. Some things you remember where you were when it happened/you heard or saw it…..

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
tv crew just said foot prints are on the new floor. Camera angle makes them difficult to see.

Reactions: mlblack16.
And they did pay homage to Bruce Morris and "The Shot Herd 'Round the World" during the promotion.

I did have a BG employee tell me that they haven't heard the footprints WONT be placed back on the court.

I was at that game, it was right at the half and I turned to talk to the person beside me and the place erupted. Was there but didn’t see it lol.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Exactly. In the grand scheme of issues regarding Marshall footprints on the basket court arent high up. Maybe instead of footprints we should be concerned with having to tarp the top section and figure out how to get more fans in the stands
The point is that it shouldn't even be an issue because there was absolutely no reason why they could not be added back other than someone screwing up.

The point is that it shouldn't even be an issue because there was absolutely no reason why they could not be added back other than someone screwing up.
As is the case many times, Marshall's communication skill are piss poor. This whole situation could have easily been avoided by adding that the foot prints will be added at a future date.
Marshall is it's own worst enemy many times. Not sure if people there just aren't well educated on PR or just arrogant.
Thankfully it seems Spears has reached out to Morris and looks like something may be planned for the App St home game later this month.

As is the case many times, Marshall's communication skill are piss poor. This whole situation could have easily been avoided by adding that the foot prints will be added at a future date.
Marshall is it's own worst enemy many times. Not sure if people there just aren't well educated on PR or just arrogant.
Thankfully it seems Spears has reached out to Morris and looks like something may be planned for the App St home game later this month.
This. I think they live in a little inner circle with the same people telling them what a great job they do (some from this board). If you challenge their greatness then you will be severely punished. Just look at how KIrtner's radio show is ran, the way the HD is ran. Remember the guy who was critical of the Athletic Department, JJ something? Removed from radio and never heard from again. Remember how Hamrick and Doc dealt with Chuck.

Spears came in saying the right things and on the surface appears to be making changes. However there is also signs of the Old regime...... Does anybody know who is on the Fan Committee? Have they actually met?

That could have been the plan all along since the shot was against App St and many here may have jumped the gun to complain (not that we haven't been given many reasons in the past to not think otherwise...).

IIRC Bruce Morris did hit a game-winner at the buzzer the next game or so. Anyone remember that?

That could have been the plan all along since the shot was against App St and many here may have jumped the gun to complain (not that we haven't been given many reasons in the past to not think otherwise...).

IIRC Bruce Morris did hit a game-winner at the buzzer the next game or so. Anyone remember that?
As we've said, it could have easily been avoided with a statement that the prints will be added later. Why they assumed this wouldn't cause a flare up is beyond me. Typical MU.

As we've said, it could have easily been avoided with a statement that the prints will be added later. Why they assumed this wouldn't cause a flare up is beyond me. Typical MU.

If you look I pretty much said that. I also said I was at the game and MU paid homage to Bruce Morris and the shot while they were doing a promotional that likely added much needed $ to the athletic department and could have been the build-up to the APP St game.

I was trying to show some grace to the new administration. I could also say typical MU fans...

If you look I pretty much said that. I also said I was at the game and MU paid homage to Bruce Morris and the shot while they were doing a promotional that likely added much needed $ to the athletic department and could have been the build-up to the APP St game.

I was trying to show some grace to the new administration. I could also say typical MU fans...
I was agreeing with you, just adding comment

Reactions: KyMUfan
I was agreeing with you, just adding comment
Understand. I thought it was nice that we have that promotion going. A lot of people in the stands probably don't know who Bruce Morris is and weren't even alive when it happened.

I am seeing some steps in the right direction. Again the proof will be in the pudding... Let's hope I'm not being too optimistic...😉👍

It's not like our basketball program has accomplished so much throughout its history that we should ignore an NCAA record to save on $70 customization fee.

You morons who act like it's just "bitching" should go stick your head back up your ass.

In case you're wondering. I'm talking to you, 429, 06 and Freddy Queef

The footprints really need to be put down. It is a part of our history and a moment in time.
Agreed... For no other reason than its something unique to Marshall and it costs absolutely nothing. A couple of footprint stencils and a can of MU green paint (that I'm sure we already have laying around in the maintenance dept.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT