ADVERTISEMENT

Next HC talk

ECU is setting a good example of what Huff should be doing.

Mike Houston (who is also trying to buy himself another year) announced last night that there will be an offensive coordinator change at the end of the season and that all other offensive coaches will be evaluated following the final game.
I mean sure, but Huff is the one hiring them and his track record isn't exactly great now is it. He hasn't come close to coaching the style of offense he promised when he got here.

Reactions: Jartard
I mean, I have no clue on something like that.

TBH, I don't trust that the Get Along Gang aka the BOG would entertain anyone that is tied to Doc.

I'm just saying, Fuller would leave FSU in a second to be the HC at Marshall.

Anyone saying otherwise simply doesn't know what they're talking about.
Would you rather have Fuller or Parker? Those two seemed to have been mentioned the most over the years.

But would Fuller take a pay cut to be the head coach at Marshall? I would love to see it but Fuller is making $1.1 million at FSU. Also, Fuller is a candidate for the head job at Syracuse according to their message boards.
Yes. People need to stop with this paycut nonsense. It's a chance to be a head coach and at one of the better G5 spots. The only way we would get turned down is if the candidate knows they have a better job coming.

Salary wise it's just taking a step back to eventually take a step forward.

Yes. People need to stop with this paycut nonsense. It's a chance to be a head coach and at one of the better G5 spots. The only way we would get turned down is if the candidate knows they have a better job coming.

Salary wise it's just taking a step back to eventually take a step forward.
Okay, but what about Fuller’s buyout? He signed an extension and is slated to make $1.2 million in 2024 which I assume MU or any other school would be on the hook for. I could be wrong but, as we all know, MU is a program of modest financial means. Could we afford it?

Okay, but what about Fuller’s buyout? He signed an extension and is slated to make $1.2 million in 2024 which I assume MU or any other school would be on the hook for. I could be wrong but, as we all know, MU is a program of modest financial means. Could we afford it?
May not have a buy out for a HC job, just for jobs where someone is trying to poach for the same position

That’s likely only for a lateral DC or NFL job.

Reactions: jete2 and Jartard
I have to agree with this part of whf2’s post.
If someone can tell me if Marshall football has ever (asterisk Perry Moss) let a head man go before the end of his current contract, I’m all 🌽. Our history screams nice. Huff, for better (hope so!) or worse will be working a 1 year performance based contract in 2024……
Snyder was bought out.

Doc also technically bought out of last 6 months since his contract ran to June (for some completely silly reason).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT