ADVERTISEMENT

NHR: UCF High School Stadium Rusting

And that is the point. How many really were there? 18K? Against a "top 25" team with nothing else going on locally, In a metro area 6.4 MILLION people

Nope....nothing else going on in a metropolitan area like Houston. o_Oo_O (Never mind the effort still going on related to hurricane cleanup and loss.)

Take your check to play whenever ESPN tells you to. No one is going to show up, and you are niche counter programming to the NFL, NBA, and playoff baseball.

Exactly the same plan that Marshall used to build their program from obscurity.

. I would like to think if we had a top 25 conference team coming into the Joan we would actually have more than 30,000 in the seats.

Unfortunately, this would only happen if the visiting top 25 team's fans traveled well.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
You aren't going to convince Sam on this one........he lost his mind some time ago on the AAC, sad.........but for good measure, watch the Memphis @ Houston game tonight and compare it to MU @ MTSU tomorrow night............just saying
I once thought that Sammy was a middle schooler.....only to to be informed he is an adult. If Marshall could be in the AAC he would be singing it's praises. It's very personal for Sam C...the whole deal. That's why every post has to contain some BS made up nonsense if it is in anyway non-Marshall.

The AAC needs to stop the nonsense. Bring in Marshall, WKU, and Army into the East. Southern Miss, Louisiana Tech, and UTSA into the West.

Reactions: chuck1069
Nope....nothing else going on in a metropolitan area like Houston. o_Oo_O (Never mind the effort still going on related to hurricane cleanup and loss.)

Exactly the same plan that Marshall used to build their program from obscurity.

Unfortunately, this would only happen if the visiting top 25 team's fans traveled well.

The hurricane isn't an excuse...not trying to say its not a serious matter, it is, but Houston filled up their stadium not even a week after they were hit and got blown out by Jacksonville.
Houston had a legit shot at beating Memphis and nobody showed up.

Marshall did execute their plan to build from obscurity...and remained relevant for over a decade...
Minus last season and Kase Keenum, when has Houston been relevant?

Well, you also proved Sam's point with the visiting team fans. Its under 9 hours to get from Memphis to Houston. IF Memphis had fans and are as big named as they claim to be, they would have had more of a following. I bet their stadium is 70% full next game against mighty...Tulane.

I think Sam's point is, even if the AAC is better, its not this mega special conference its being spouted to be. They have just as many cellar dwellers as we do and just as many boring teams as we do.
They have had more success recently, but to gain interest, even with those schools, they have to really scrape between the couch cushions.
Even with Memphis being a top 25 team and UT being awful, they will still have a problem gaining interest enough to be what they claim to be.
Plus, can anyone legit name the staple school of the AAC? Like the one who sorta carries the name of the conference? Big 12 has OU and UT, Big 10 is UM and osu, SEC is basically everyone, Pac12 is USC, ACC is probably Clemson and Florida State...AAC?

Reactions: The Real SamC
[QUOTE="raleighherdfan, post: 486117, member: 1184"

Unfortunately, this would only happen if the visiting top 25 team's fans traveled well.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. Our fans come out for a “big” game. If we had a top 25 conference team like say WKU or USM we would have 30k with good weather.

Reactions: chuck1069

I disagree. Our fans come out for a “big” game. If we had a top 25 conference team like say WKU or USM we would have 30k with good weather.[/QUOTE]

Shit. We couldn’t get 30k consistently when we were the top 25 team in our own stadium.

I disagree. Our fans come out for a “big” game. If we had a top 25 conference team like say WKU or USM we would have 30k with good weather.

Shit. We couldn’t get 30k consistently when we were the top 25 team in our own stadium.[/QUOTE]
Because our fans worry more about who we are playing instead of watching our team play.

Because our fans worry more about who we are playing instead of watching our team play.

Exactly.[/QUOTE]

More like a substantial portion of our fans worry more about staying out in the parking lots throwing another drink of hootch down their throat than coming into the stadium and cheering for the Herd. Can't help wonder if Hammy takes the actual turnstile count on fans IN the stadium and then adds a few thousand based on what the West Lot, and others, look like from his luxury box.

I disagree. Our fans come out for a “big” game. If we had a top 25 conference team like say WKU or USM we would have 30k with good weather.[/QUOTE]

So you proved the point fans only come out for the opponant not Marshall.

Hello from boring old Orlando!

Was flipping around looking for something to watch on TV and came across your pillow fight on ESPN2. It really should be on the Ocho, but hey it feels nice being on TV anyway, doesn't it?

Looks like your team has rocks in their pillows and somebody filled MTSU's with helium.

This is not meant negatively, but I had actually forgotten about you guys until seeing the game on TV. Our Fiesta Bowl win in 2014 and resulting Top 10 ranking in the final BCS poll, then having two consecutive years with a first round NFL draft pick are nice, though distant memories as well. Yes, we had 0-12 shortly thereafter but again, a distant memory.

It's hard to think about the past with all of the excitement and national attention UCF has been getting. Daily mentions of being a top front runner for another New Year's bowl, steadily moving up in the polls, being undefeated with the #1 scoring offense in all of the FBS, and the P5 stalking of CSF are all great for UCF brand recognition.

Coach isn't leaving this year by the way, but the ignorant will be ignorant. Not that it wont happen at some point, it will just NOT be this year.

I noticed that you guys beat yourselves up too much. It looks like you are having a decent year. I'm glad to see you found a great LTR, I just knew you would find "the one."

It just wasn't going to work with you tagging along when we needed to move on. And that's ok. You and CUSA look SO happy and are great together. Everybody says so. Look how it got you noticed a couple years back. I'm glad to see you finally found somebody that loves you for who you are. You are great.

Look fondly on the past but forward to the future. Just remember all of the good times and who could forget that time we went 8-0 vs. you in CUSA!

Question. Is our last game (2012) still the worst beat down in the history of your stadium? I still have the newspaper with the "Knightmare!" headline somewhere.

On a serious note (wont last long though), a few of us came up to Huntington for that game and tailgated with some of the people that frequented this board back then. We met some of the nicest and most genuine fans I have ever come across at any away game.

Even decked head to toe in our UCF gear, every time we stopped for a drink or food, someone picked up the first round at least. They thanked us for coming. You truly have a great fan base of very good people and I hope to come back again one day. Your campus, which we got an official tour of, is beautiful as well.

Oh, and there was a little guy that looked like Uncle Fester that used to troll our boards and get owned, then come back for more. We actually somehow got in touch with him and hung out for a while before the game. Nice guy, though can't remember his name.

Anyway, just came on to read your boards and see how things were going. To my surprise, after all these years, there it was in all of it's glory.....

A multiple page thread about UCF and our stadium among your top few threads!

Look, we are flattered that you still think about us. Reminds me of the old days. We get it though, we passed you in the knight and never looked back, and that still hurts. It looks like you have moved on and I've never seen you happier. I hope that is true, because you have to move on.

Gotta run, but hey, it was good seeing you again Marsha.

It's been too long. Let's catch up again soon. I mean that. Look me up on the face-tagram-twitterweb when you get a chance. It'll actually be easiest if you just google NCAA top 25. You will always have a place in my heart. You are special.

Please take care of yourself,

UCF

(A more appropriate close to your attempt at relevance)

Signed,
Lonely in Orlando on Friday night

P.S.

A rambling trolling knight fan too stupid to understand that despite the heading, the thread ultimately had more to do with the AAC overall and less to do with UCF specifically.

Reactions: 19MU88

So you proved the point fans only come out for the opponant not Marshall.[/QUOTE]

Not exactly. We only hit 30k when the visiting team brings about 2500-5000

Our fans give greater consideration to the weather than they do who is on the field....regardless of ranked status.

Reactions: Herd Fever
And that is the point. How many really were there? 18K? Against a "top 25" team with nothing else going on locally, In a metro area 6.4 MILLION people, with 42K students who could get in FREE, this crew drew less than 20K versus a "top 25" team.

THE AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! IN, but not SIGNIFICANT IN big cities. The non-thing. Take your check to play whenever ESPN tells you to. No one is going to show up, and you are niche counter programming to the NFL, NBA, and playoff baseball. The non-thing. No one would show up if you played on Saturday either.

This year, last year, next year, every year, there will be more empty seats at THE AMERICAN!!!!!! games than any other conference. No one cares.

And, thinking long tern, the TV deal runs out after the 19 season. The fanless nothing is delivering quality to ESPN? Right. ESPN is dying. They cannot afford to counterprogram every single slot anymore. Toss up some poker reruns or some rich liberals arguing about sports and let THE AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! die off.

Thank goodness our genius AD avoided that mistake.

You can't avoid something that was never an option. Where does this idea that MU turned down the AAC come from? Never happened!

Sam your rantings are clearly that of a jealous man!

Last edited:
The AAC needs to stop the nonsense.

Asking THE AMERICAN!!!! to stop nonsense is like trying to start Christians against Christ or Bikers against bikes or Drunks against liquor. THE POINT of THE AMERICAN!!!!!!!!! is nonsense. Stay f***tarded s*** so often and so loudly that eventually you find a few people that ACTUALLY BELIEVE what you are saying (big time, power six, going to get Boise, fans care, whatever). Sad really. Without nonsense, the AAC is what those of us who understand football have always known. Just another G5 conference, no better than any other, the basic commonality between the schools being a fundamental disinterest by the student body and the local gentry in their activities.

On a Thursday night??
Memphis had over 50K for their home game with UCLA....and not a made-up number, I was there.

Interesting though isn't it, we draw 20K announce 24K and fans say it was actually 26-27 K

Houston announced 30K (which was probably the number of tickets sold -or distributed- for the game) and Sam immediately estimates it at 18K...... he has lost his mind when it comes to the AAC, cannot be rational, but makes for a comical read.

BTW: MTSU announced 13+K, my daughter who was there, said no way there were 10K......but either way kind of makes the comparison points pretty valid

Asking THE AMERICAN!!!! to stop nonsense is like trying to start Christians against Christ or Bikers against bikes or Drunks against liquor. THE POINT of THE AMERICAN!!!!!!!!! is nonsense. Stay f***tarded s*** so often and so loudly that eventually you find a few people that ACTUALLY BELIEVE what you are saying (big time, power six, going to get Boise, fans care, whatever). Sad really. Without nonsense, the AAC is what those of us who understand football have always known. Just another G5 conference, no better than any other, the basic commonality between the schools being a fundamental disinterest by the student body and the local gentry in their activities.

hard to read your posts for all of the over the top silliness....... but I think I agree somewhat with this one..........the P6 stuff is silly, yes, but they are getting some positive attention from it which is Mike Aresco's reason for doing it. Reality is, to your point, they are just a G5, but they also happen to be the best of the G5 and your exception noted, pretty much everyone associated with college football concedes that point.

Sam, you didn't answer my question about how MU's AD "avoided" making the "mistake"

On a Thursday night??
Memphis had over 50K for their home game with UCLA....and not a made-up number, I was there.

Interesting though isn't it, we draw 20K announce 24K and fans say it was actually 26-27 K

Houston announced 30K (which was probably the number of tickets sold -or distributed- for the game) and Sam immediately estimates it at 18K...... he has lost his mind when it comes to the AAC, cannot be rational, but makes for a comical read.

BTW: MTSU announced 13+K, my daughter who was there, said no way there were 10K......but either way kind of makes the comparison points pretty valid[/QUOTE]
It is always tickets sold. But would Memphis have that on a Thursday night for USF? Highly doubtful is the point. In a location like Houston I would hoped to see actually butts in the seats. You have a big time game at home and don’t have 30k. If Marshall had a home game with a ranked conference opponent we would hit 30k in seats. If we had a Thursday night game against UCLA we would sell out.

Our attendance or ticket sold is pretty consistent over the years. We have way too many fans only worried about who we play instead of supporting us. They would rather get drunk in the parking lot.

Last night was bad for MTSU it was like a MAC game. That game could have been played in a High School stadium here I. Lexington and been barely a sellout.

but I think I agree the P6 stuff is silly, yes,

they are just a G5.

Sam, you didn't answer my question about how MU's AD "avoided" making the "mistake"

You answered it yourself. Why would anybody want to be associated with something built on a lie? On hype? On having to buy into things no thinking person could buy into?

I don't.

As to the mistake, just look at the AAC's lone outlier. ECU. The AAC is built on one basic lie. Being in a big(ish) city is the same as people in that city giving a d*** about it. Combined in most cases with having a gazillion students is the same as having a gazillion students who like sports (forgetting that most of those student self-selected their school over ones in their regions P5 conference often because sports are not their thing). ECU, a school much more like us than the urban nothings that make up the rest of that league, has fallen, and it can't get up. As predicted.

The only thing else to ad is tic-tock. The AAC's overbid contract with ESPN expires after 19. ESPN, as you know, is not what it once was, and, will it really pay the AAC millions just to have games to show against the baseball playoffs and NFL TNF? Or will it just toss up more poker reruns and take its lick?

And then, with no money, no fans, and built, as you admit, on a lie, what happens to the mighty AAC? Its team slink back where they came from. Footnotes in the shadow of the ACC, SEC, and B1G.

Meanwhile we saved $7M. Great leadership. And, go undefeated, go to an access bowl. From ANY G5 league.

Reactions: 19MU88
You answered it yourself. Why would anybody want to be associated with something built on a lie? On hype? On having to buy into things no thinking person could buy into?

I don't.

As to the mistake, just look at the AAC's lone outlier. ECU. The AAC is built on one basic lie. Being in a big(ish) city is the same as people in that city giving a d*** about it. Combined in most cases with having a gazillion students is the same as having a gazillion students who like sports (forgetting that most of those student self-selected their school over ones in their regions P5 conference often because sports are not their thing). ECU, a school much more like us than the urban nothings that make up the rest of that league, has fallen, and it can't get up. As predicted.

The only thing else to ad is tic-tock. The AAC's overbid contract with ESPN expires after 19. ESPN, as you know, is not what it once was, and, will it really pay the AAC millions just to have games to show against the baseball playoffs and NFL TNF? Or will it just toss up more poker reruns and take its lick?

And then, with no money, no fans, and built, as you admit, on a lie, what happens to the mighty AAC? Its team slink back where they came from. Footnotes in the shadow of the ACC, SEC, and B1G.

Meanwhile we saved $7M. Great leadership. And, go undefeated, go to an access bowl. From ANY G5 league.

AAC is not being dropped by ESPN or CBS. AAC practically owns ESPN U and ESPN 2 during the 12 Sat spot.

CBS today alone has Temple on at noon then UCf at Navy and at 7 pm has ECU vs BYU. AAC owns Espnu today with 3 games in a row and tonight USF plays Tulane on ESPN 2 AAC is all over ESPN and building a good brand.

ESPN needs AAC for time slots the other power teams do not want. I don’t think ESPN will ever pay AAC great money but they are getting a steal with the AAC in terms of content. The aac in turn is showing it can play with the big boys.

You can say what you want but the AAC has won the G5 lottery and will probably leave the rest of the G5 behind in the next decade.

Also. Marshall will have to go undefeated to make Access Bowl whereas a two loss AAC team will make it most seasons.

You can't avoid something that was never an option. Where does this idea that MU turned down the AAC come from? Never happened!

Sam your rantings are clearly that of a jealous man!
You are correct.....an offer was never extended. So $7mil was never saved, or the administration dodge a bullet by not accepting a invitation to be part of the AAC. To say anything else is simply a lie. Mike approached the AAC/Big East when it was breaking up. Just to test the water. Numerous defincies were identified for MU. Some as simple as lacking a full service hotel in Huntington. You have to look at the complete athletic profile to understand the American. There is nothing bad or shameful about membership in CUSA. It's a good fit for Marshall financially. It offers a chance at the access bowl and a NCCA BB bid. But CUSA is not the equal of the American Conference in any sport, and certainly not all sports combined.

Last edited:
You are correct.....an offer was never extended. So $7mil was never saved, or the administration dodge a bullet by not accepting a invitation to be part of the AAC. To say anything else is simply a lie. Mike approached the AAC/Big East when it was breaking up. Just to test the water. Numerous defincies were identified for MU. Some as simple as lacking a full service hotel in Huntington. You have to look at the complete athletic profile to understand the American. There is nothing bad or shameful about membership in CUSA. It's a good fit for Marshall financially. It offers a chance at the access bowl and a NCCA BB bid. But CUSA is not the equal of the American Conference in any sport, and certainly not all sports combined.

Excellent post!!!

one thing that is lost on this board and by Sam C.......I've actually had this conversation face to face with Mike Aresco and with the assoc commissioner of the AAC....... in fact, Aresco and I spoke about Marshall as recently as last spring at the Ritz Carlton in Naples.......I'm not sure where the idea that we (MU) have even "officially" spoken to them comes from. If it happened, no one there seems to be aware of it.

I agree with you too, that CUSA currently is a good fit for MU, Marshall needs to prove they can dominate in football and win a few BBall championships before entertaining the possibility of moving......we need to make the access bowl and constantly be in the conversation.

Sam C is on another planet with respect to Conference affiliation and the relative position of the AAC...........he also has NO idea about what is going on with ESPN and other Sports Nets.

On a Thursday night??

BTW: MTSU announced 13+K, my daughter who was there, said no way there were 10K......but either way kind of makes the comparison points pretty valid
It is always tickets sold. But would Memphis have that on a Thursday night for USF? Highly doubtful is the point. In a location like Houston I would hoped to see actually butts in the seats. You have a big time game at home and don’t have 30k. If Marshall had a home game with a ranked conference opponent we would hit 30k in seats. If we had a Thursday night game against UCLA we would sell out.

Our attendance or ticket sold is pretty consistent over the years. We have way too many fans only worried about who we play instead of supporting us. They would rather get drunk in the parking lot.

Last night was bad for MTSU it was like a MAC game. That game could have been played in a High School stadium here I. Lexington and been barely a sellout.[/QUOTE]

Sam, you just don't get it!!! AAC isn't built on a lie

I don't.

Sammy, Sammy, Sammy, you just don't get it and you can't see the forest for the trees!!!!!

AAC isn't Power 5 (or Power 6) but they are what they are, CLEARLY the best of the rest!!! They aren't built on a LIE or a HYPE..

You clearly don't understand what's going on with television evolution.........

your statement about "no money, no fans" , THEY (AAC) will always have more of BOTH than CUSA..........you make yourself look foolish!!!! And you used to look informed
You have lost your mind!!!!!!

[QUOTE="dshoe123]

AAC isn't Power 5 (or Power 6) ....

They aren't built on a LIE or a HYPE..

[/QUOTE]

Those two statements are contradictory. Either the spew that come from snake oil salesman Arseco is true or it is not and therefore a lie and hype. Both cannot be true. Thinking people understand that the latter one is the correct answer.

As to the evolution of sports TV, I'm sure you are not alone among those who think everything is going to be OK and the $$ pump will get turned back on. It seems ESPN management is like a 45 year old actress, certain the phone is going to ring the next second with a comeback role. The world having simply moved onto a newer model. Fact is time will tell, but there are clearly two ways for smaller college programs to prepare for the future. Continue to be hugely national TV $$ dependent (the AAC and MAC way) or understand that the national TV $$ are going to be less and build up the natural source of college support, which are actual fans of the actual team, of which we have legions more than they do.

Marshall made zero effort to get in to the AAC. Hamrick said as much. He and Doc both said they had no interest so it didn't go anywhere at all; no talks, meetings, invites, anything. I was frustrated at the time but then again, if our transition stipulated that we could no longer take NQs, it would have been a losing "prop." for us so I reconsidered my opinion.

Marshall made zero effort to get in to the AAC. Hamrick said as much. He and Doc both said they had no interest so it didn't go anywhere at all; no talks, meetings, invites, anything. I was frustrated at the time but then again, if our transition stipulated that we could no longer take NQs, it would have been a losing "prop." for us so I reconsidered my opinion.
Why would they give up the good gig they have now?

Their needs to be a realignment of AAC and the MW into 16 team conferences. Our Marshall, MTSU, and WKU could be left to cold tuesday night games in the MAC or stuck in a dead CUSA.

Excellent post!!!

one thing that is lost on this board and by Sam C.......I've actually had this conversation face to face with Mike Aresco and with the assoc commissioner of the AAC....... in fact, Aresco and I spoke about Marshall as recently as last spring at the Ritz Carlton in Naples.......I'm not sure where the idea that we (MU) have even "officially" spoken to them comes from. If it happened, no one there seems to be aware of it.

I agree with you too, that CUSA currently is a good fit for MU, Marshall needs to prove they can dominate in football and win a few BBall championships before entertaining the possibility of moving......we need to make the access bowl and constantly be in the conversation.

Sam C is on another planet with respect to Conference affiliation and the relative position of the AAC...........he also has NO idea about what is going on with ESPN and other Sports Nets.
It has nothing to do with our performance on the field or the court as Tulane sucks in just about everything and only were invited because of their location and rich fanbase. We are competitive on the field and court. The issue is the fact that the school is in WV, has a small metro market, and we don't have the financial support from the State or the alumni.

Doc has done well recruiting at schools where NQ's couldn't go. He would have been just fine.

It has nothing to do with our performance on the field or the court as Tulane sucks in just about everything and only were invited because of their location and rich fanbase. We are competitive on the field and court. The issue is the fact that the school is in WV, has a small metro market, and we don't have the financial support from the State or the alumni.

Lots of reasons...... and you have a good sense of some...........That said, primary reason is that we don't even appear to WANT to be there and that is the biggest reason!!

Lots of reasons...... and you have a good sense of some...........That said, primary reason is that we don't even appear to WANT to be there and that is the biggest reason!!
Agree. I don't think Marshall even wants to be in the ACC. They want to be a bigger fish in a smaller pond. So, if that is the case then at least be the big fish more often.

[QUOTE="dshoe123]

Sam C said:
Those two statements are contradictory. Either the spew that come from snake oil salesman Arseco is true or it is not and therefore a lie and hype. Both cannot be true. Thinking people understand that the latter one is the correct answer.

As to the evolution of sports TV, I'm sure you are not alone among those who think everything is going to be OK and the $$ pump will get turned back on. It seems ESPN management is like a 45 year old actress, certain the phone is going to ring the next second with a comeback role. The world having simply moved onto a newer model. Fact is time will tell, but there are clearly two ways for smaller college programs to prepare for the future. Continue to be hugely national TV $$ dependent (the AAC and MAC way) or understand that the national TV $$ are going to be less and build up the natural source of college support, which are actual fans of the actual team, of which we have legions more than they do.[/QUOT

DShoe replied:
Statements are not contradictory at all!!! Once again Sam you imagine things that you have no first-hand knowledge of and comment like you are an expert. You look foolish and so childish !!

Last edited:
I think Hamrick did go to the AAC, or at least took a look at what qualifies a school for the conference.
He must've seen we didn't have nearly enough resources and instead of making a public announcement about possibly joining, he decided not to do it.
I doubt if it's because we don't WANT to be there, I'm sure we would...we just don't have what is required at this time.
Also, let's face it, many would turn on Hamrick if he campaigned for us to get into the AAC and we fell short. I believe many would lose confidence in him. Frustratingly, MU fans really care about that stuff and if you can get things done. Look at all the failed campaigns the Big-12 saw...with Memphis even offering to basically pay whatever was needed, to join. In the grand scheme of things nobody was getting in there and the AD's probably felt foolish in thinking they could, trying, and ultimately being rejected.

Of course, many of those schools have not much more fan support than we do so nobody really cared, noticed, or allowed it to affect their jobs.
That wouldn't happen at Marshall. Hamrick would be skewered by the fans if we didn't get in. We'd be discussing that failed campaign when the fans need something to complain about when the team is winning for decades to come. Every now and then there would be a "What if?" thread, bringing up that same dumb situation...

Right now, we're probably where we should be. If we continue to win, we'll be up for consideration for an Access Bowl (possibly). Until we decide to make a move or an opportunity presents itself, why should we move?

Reactions: pdbailey
actually I think if Hamrick pushed for AAC membership and failed in his bid, most people would applaud him because atleast he tried and we would also know what Marshall is missing.

DShoe replied:
Statements are not contradictory at all!!!

Wow!! Talk about the Big Lie. Are you in denial, or just bitter?

Yelling IS NOT EITHER is not a comeback. Either "the AAC is the equal of the P5 is true" or it is a lie and hype. It cannot be both. A fifth grade English teacher would give you an F.

The AAC needs to stop the nonsense. Bring in Marshall, WKU, and Army into the East. Southern Miss, Louisiana Tech, and UTSA into the West.

Why would they do that? The top rated team in C-USA is Marshall at #53. Exactly half of the AAC is rated higher than Marshall (C-USA's best team).

That isn't an anomaly. The AAC has always had better teams than C-USA. Why would they water down their competition?

And why would you lobby for that? Just a few months ago, you were claiming that the AAC has shown that it can't compete with C-USA on the field or off the field. So why are you wanting Marshall to go into that conference now?

Why would they do that? The top rated team in C-USA is Marshall at #53. Exactly half of the AAC is rated higher than Marshall (C-USA's best team).

That isn't an anomaly. The AAC has always had better teams than C-USA. Why would they water down their competition?

And why would you lobby for that? Just a few months ago, you were claiming that the AAC has shown that it can't compete with C-USA on the field or off the field. So why are you wanting Marshall to go into that conference now?

Thats cool, the bottom half of the conference is trash. Also the AP and Coaches polls say otherwise. I would say Marshall is Top 35 right now according to the 2 polls

Also of all the teams who left for the AAC, only Houston, ECU, and UCF competed at the top consistantly in CUSA.

Also is it really watering down the product when your adding the best and most consistent programs from your rival conference? IDK about Southern Miss but Marshall and WKU is undefeated in Head-To Head matchups with the AAC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT