ADVERTISEMENT

NHR: UCF High School Stadium Rusting

But, but, but, THE AMERICAN!!!!!!! But, but, but, we should fire our AD because the men's toilet under section 115 is dirty. But, but, but, they have a gazillion students and oh, so much POTENTIAL. But, but, but Orlando is the next major league city. But, but, but, Iwanted the Herd games on ESPN and stare dumbly at this "remote control" thing they gave me, wondering want it is for. But, but, but Power Six. But, but, but, Chuckie said.... But, but, but, blah, blah, blah.

More small time news from the smallest of the small time. Schools in, but not significant in, big cities. A dot of black and gold in an ocean of Garnet and Gold and Blue and Orange. Ignored. Small time. The American. The non-thing.

Last edited:
They'll have plenty of money to spend on stadium renovations when a big time program (probably Nebraska) comes after their coach.

Reactions: All4TheHerd
But, but, but, THE AMERICAN!!!!!!! But, but, but, we should fire our AD because the men's toilet under section 115 is dirty. But, but, but, they have a gazillion students and oh, so much POTENTIAL. But, but, but Orlando is the next major league city. But, but, but, Iwanted the Herd games on ESPN and stare dumbly at this "remote control" thing they gave me, wondering want it is for. But, but, but Power Six. But, but, but, Chuckie said.... But, but, but, blah, blah, blah.

More small time news from the smallest of the small time. Schools in, but not significant in, big cities. A dot of black and gold in an ocean of Garnet and Gold and Blue and Orange. Ignored. Small time. The American. The non-thing.
So how do you feel about AAC now? 3 ranked teams , great tv coverage and Cusa has no exposure for football. Is AAC still a lateral move Sam?

But, but, but THE AMERiCAN!!!! they are just lucky to have 3 teams ranked in the top 25!!! It's all because ESPN wants them ranked!!!! Nobody in Orlando, Greenville, Memphis, Cincinnati, Houston cares about those teams, even though they out draw any CUSA teams, nobody cares, But,but,but Areseco is really Kim Jong Un's brother and ESPN and North Korea are propping up Boise State and keeping CUSA down because of they want Boise State in the Access Bowl. But, but, but there is no reason to try to join THE AMERICAN!!!! Because they have 3 teams in the top 25 we have three teams in the bottom 10 it's not a step up!!! But, But But!!! I CANNOT BE WRONG!!! It is ESPN mind control!!!!!

Reactions: portico
product_family_multi-use.png

The teams we couldn't compete with ?

But, but, but THE AMERiCAN!!!! they are just lucky to have 3 teams ranked in the top 25!!! It's all because ESPN wants them ranked!!!! Nobody in Orlando, Greenville, Memphis, Cincinnati, Houston cares about those teams, even though they out draw any CUSA teams, nobody cares, But,but,but Areseco is really Kim Jong Un's brother and ESPN and North Korea are propping up Boise State and keeping CUSA down because of they want Boise State in the Access Bowl. But, but, but there is no reason to try to join THE AMERICAN!!!! Because they have 3 teams in the top 25 we have three teams in the bottom 10 it's not a step up!!! But, But But!!! I CANNOT BE WRONG!!! It is ESPN mind control!!!!!

USF has horrible fan support. Memphis has 60% of their stadium filled despite 650,000+ and 20,000+ students.

Thing is, teams in CUSA are bad...so they are supposed to have terrible support. The teams in the "AMERICAN!!!!???" Aren't bad but still have bad fan support. USF is the worst of all these and ranked the highest.

Reactions: The Real SamC
USF has horrible fan support. Memphis has 60% of their stadium filled despite 650,000+ and 20,000+ students.

Thing is, teams in CUSA are bad...so they are supposed to have terrible support. The teams in the "AMERICAN!!!!???" Aren't bad but still have bad fan support. USF is the worst of all these and ranked the highest.

This.

IN, but NOT SIGNIFICANT IN, big (ish) cities. LOST in the shadow of the SEC, ACC and B1G teams that historically dominate their regions. The non-thing.

From 2016

The AAC, which averaged 31,611 is clearly No. 1 for Group of Five crowds. Houston increased crowds by 35 percent over two years. South Florida was up 41 percent in 2016. East Carolina (44,113) had the largest crowds outside the Power Five.

Conference USA: At 19,849 fans per game, C-USA is clearly in the Sun Belt/MAC ballpark for fan interest as opposed to the AAC and Mountain West. Southern Miss (28,588) led C-USA. Florida Atlantic, which fired coach Charlie Partridge, was down 43 percent to 10,073.

The mighty ACC At 49,827 the ACC was up 3 percent from last year. Louisville, Florida State, Miami and Duke enjoyed spikes. Virginia Tech, which had fewer fans than Kentucky in 2015, was back near the top 25. Clemson (80,970) remained the ACC attendance leader and in the top

31,611 AAC vs 19,849 CUSA average.

But, but, but, it's ESPN fault.
But, but, but .........
I wish we had a commissioner that tried to change something rather than just collect a paycheck for the stays quo of is being on BeIN sports so the can watch it in Dubai at 4 am.

Come on dude, the American is a better conference hands down than CUSA. Will it be a Power 5 - No. but to say it is a lateral move just shows ignorance. This is before even considering other sports.

From 2016

The AAC, which averaged 31,611 is clearly No. 1 for Group of Five crowds. Houston increased crowds by 35 percent over two years. South Florida was up 41 percent in 2016. East Carolina (44,113) had the largest crowds outside the Power Five.

Conference USA: At 19,849 fans per game, C-USA is clearly in the Sun Belt/MAC ballpark for fan interest as opposed to the AAC and Mountain West. Southern Miss (28,588) led C-USA. Florida Atlantic, which fired coach Charlie Partridge, was down 43 percent to 10,073.

The mighty ACC At 49,827 the ACC was up 3 percent from last year. Louisville, Florida State, Miami and Duke enjoyed spikes. Virginia Tech, which had fewer fans than Kentucky in 2015, was back near the top 25. Clemson (80,970) remained the ACC attendance leader and in the top

31,611 AAC vs 19,849 CUSA average.

But, but, but, it's ESPN fault.
But, but, but .........
I wish we had a commissioner that tried to change something rather than just collect a paycheck for the stays quo of is being on BeIN sports so the can watch it in Dubai at 4 am.

Come on dude, the American is a better conference hands down than CUSA. Will it be a Power 5 - No. but to say it is a lateral move just shows ignorance. This is before even considering other sports.

Congrats, you're supposed to be doing this...but 31,000+ average for the cities the majority of the schools are in, is pitiful. One thing CUSA does have a disadvantage with, is they do have some rural crappy areas.

"...and you're not a P5 conference, but you play one in real life."

Live gate figures are unaudited. We can all remember MAC away games with "crowds" of 80 or 90% of the places' capacities, and maybe 1000 people actually there. And, to add to the fact that, in metro areas with millions of people and student bodies of 40 and 50 thousand, drawing should not be an issue. And, fat with student fees spread across so many, these places can let people in for, more or less, free. So congrats to THE AMERICAN!!! it gave away tickets and got 0.01% of people living within 20 miles of the stadium and, maybe 5% of a student body to show up. Whoo.

At the end of the day, fans build programs. And the key, perhaps only (except for no one else wants them) commonality between all the random teams in THE AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!, leaving out ECU (which, as predicted, has fallen off the face of the earth after making that huge mistake) is a fundamental lack of fans.

So am I supposed to believe that a league with weekly decent TV exposure, opportunity to be ranked higher throughout the season, better bowls, teams consistently ranked higher than we are, is over shadowed because of their avg fan attendance??

Lol this is essentially a minor headache over the long term and media PR to assist in the legal filings

Thanks for the concern though guys

No, I think you are supposed to believe "Power 6" or whatever Arseco tells you to believe this week. That is life in THE AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!, hear f**tarded s***, repeat f***arded s***, eventually believe f***tarded s***. Sort of like following USPAM involves listening to, repeating, and, eventually actually believing things no one over 12 possibly can.

BTW, please list the "better bowls" and explain how playing on a weeknight against playoff baseball is "descent TV".

Fans build programs. In the long run, that is the simple fact. TV money is no substitute for fans. Never has been, never will be.

No, I think you are supposed to believe "Power 6" or whatever Arseco tells you to believe this week. That is life in THE AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!, hear f**tarded s***, repeat f***arded s***, eventually believe f***tarded s***. Sort of like following USPAM involves listening to, repeating, and, eventually actually believing things no one over 12 possibly can.

BTW, please list the "better bowls" and explain how playing on a weeknight against playoff baseball is "descent TV".

Fans build programs. In the long run, that is the simple fact. TV money is no substitute for fans. Never has been, never will be.

Of course you wouldn’t answer thw question. Not a surprise. The reality is the AAC receives more exposure, and positive attention, regardless of their stadium attendance, and your conspiracy ramblings.

Even a 12 year old understands many of those AAC programs have more fair weather fan eyeballs/support (& $$$$$) than most schools in our Busch league.

Missed your list better bowls in THE AMERICAN!!!!!!

So I looked it up for my self.

Armed Forces, Cure, Birmingham, Boca Raton, Miami Beach, Military, Bahamas, St. Pete.

Contrasted with ours. Boca Raton, New Mexico, Hawaii, New Orleans, Heart o' Dallas, Independence (if ACC/SEC do not have 10 bowl eligible teams).

Yep, clearly better:rolleyes:

Armed Forces, Cure, Birmingham, Boca Raton, Miami Beach, Military, Bahamas, St. Pete.

Contrasted with ours. Boca Raton, New Mexico, Hawaii, New Orleans, Heart o' Dallas, Independence (if ACC/SEC do not have 10 bowl eligible teams).

I guess we have to congratulate you for actually looking something up instead of making it up like you usually do.

Either way, no one will pay attention to us (or our league) until......?????

Face it, a 3-4 win Houston team, will always get more respect than a 3-4 win Marshall team. That’s just the way it is. We need to feel fortunate we have a League that makes us look better (to some of our fans) than we really are.

So how do you feel about AAC now? 3 ranked teams , great tv coverage and Cusa has no exposure for football. Is AAC still a lateral move Sam?
They may be on TV but still getting very little money on that contract.

You know, maybe Marshall fandom is just not for some of you. You cannot be happy. The shrinks call it "anhedonia". You have a 5-1 team, only loss to a a ranked 6-1 P5 team that currently has the inside track to win the ACC, receiving votes in the poll, ranked 39th in (the pretty accurate, IMHO) USA Today re-rank system, which is to say the 6th highest ranked G5 program, playing in what is STILL one of the better G5 stadiums with significant upgrades both finished and coming, playing the next game on ESPN2 and, should the Astros sweep, pretty much the major sports event of the night, with no hint of NCAA issues, with three more home games coming.

And all you can do is b**** about non-existant issues like how great this fanless non-thing THE AMERICAN!!! is (of course if we ever moved down to it, you would not like that either.

You cannot be happy. Maybe this just is not for you. Spamtardism, if you can convince yourself to buy into the stupidity you have to actually believe to do it might be for you. They seem the exact opposite of us. Mediocre team that would be assreamed by any legitimate contender, and they think they are going to win the Rose Bowl. There is always Ohio State, that is pretty easy. They are never going to be less than 9-3 any year. That is an easy buy in. You could be a Cincy fan (FREE tickets). UK basketball starts in a couple weeks (and the football team is actully not bad this year, and Louisville is self-destructing). Or you can abandon geography alltogether and Roll Tide.

Be happy. I am. GO HERD.

And all you can do is b**** about non-existant issues like how great this fanless non-thing THE AMERICAN!!! is

Actually moron, you brought up the general “AMERICAN” conference discussion in this thread. No one was really discussing the comparisons or speaking of its “greatness” overall. But please carry on.

Reactions: wvkeeper(HN)
Like I said, some people cannot be happy. If really do live in Raleigh, pick one of the three down there and move on. Being a Herd fan obviously is just not your thing.

Like I said, some people cannot be happy. If really do live in Raleigh, pick one of the three down there and move on. Being a Herd fan obviously is just not your thing.

I’m plenty happy. Idiots like you make me laugh. Read your own words in this thread (and countless threads before) about the AMERICAN, Mr Happy. You go on and on and on and on about it. You’re more obsessed about the AAC (and WVU) than any other poster on this site.

Yes, I live in Raleigh...but I grew up in Htgn. Was a fan of Marshall football and attended games when I was a kid long before they started winning again in the 80’s, as well as my time as a student and after. So please save your sanctimonious super fan bullshit for one of your other worthless rants.

You don't like our team, are not impressed by who we play, hate our coach and AD, want to be in some conference we will never be in, but are a "big fan". Got it.

You don't like our team, are not impressed by who we play, hate our coach and AD, want to be in some conference we will never be in, but are a "big fan". Got it.

I can be a fan of a team and not be impressed with who we play.

I’ve never said a word about Mike Hamrick....ever; and why would I want us to be in the AAC?? Shit, we would have fewer conference titles over the last 7-8 years if we played in that league.

Admit I’m not a huge fan of Doc or Legg. I think his recruiting abilities are largely mythology and his field management is suspect. He is fortunate to play in a league like this to finally get his shot at head coaching. His record would be no better than Snyder’s if he played in any other league, like the AAC.

Heater is most likely the best coach we have. If we lost him this program would be in real trouble. I’ll celebrate the 5-1, but no way in hell am I going to believe we are something we really aren’t.

You aren't going to convince Sam on this one........he lost his mind some time ago on the AAC, sad.........but for good measure, watch the Memphis @ Houston game tonight and compare it to MU @ MTSU tomorrow night............just saying

Only 2-3 bowls out of the 40 or so out there really mean anything. The others are to sucker fans into visiting to spend money and extra practices and games for the teams. Nothing more.

You aren't going to convince Sam on this one........he lost his mind some time ago on the AAC, sad.........but for good measure, watch the Memphis @ Houston game tonight and compare it to MU @ MTSU tomorrow night............just saying

I watched some of the game and was really surprised at the attendance with Memphis being a top 25 team. The attendance announced was 30,000 bu no way there were that many there. I would like to think if we had a top 25 conference team coming into the Joan we would actually have more than 30,000 in the seats.

I think the American has some great teams at the top and some really bad ones at the bottom. I am not sure where Sam can actually think the American is worse than CUSA. It is clearly better this year. I have to admit though I had to turn off the game. I just couldn't enjoy watching those ugly Memphis helmets. Their normal helmets look much better. hahahaha. The Navy-UCF game should be a great one this weekend and the UCF-USF game at the end of the year could be one of the best of the weekend.

I wish we could be in the American but there appears to be no chance so instead of slamming CUSA...we just have to accept it for what it is and just win. It sucks but we are where we are.

I watched some of the game and was really surprised at the attendance with Memphis being a top 25 team. The attendance announced was 30,000 bu no way there were that many there. I would like to think if we had a top 25 conference team coming into the Joan we would actually have more than 30,000 in the seats.

And that is the point. How many really were there? 18K? Against a "top 25" team with nothing else going on locally, In a metro area 6.4 MILLION people, with 42K students who could get in FREE, this crew drew less than 20K versus a "top 25" team.

THE AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! IN, but not SIGNIFICANT IN big cities. The non-thing. Take your check to play whenever ESPN tells you to. No one is going to show up, and you are niche counter programming to the NFL, NBA, and playoff baseball. The non-thing. No one would show up if you played on Saturday either.

This year, last year, next year, every year, there will be more empty seats at THE AMERICAN!!!!!! games than any other conference. No one cares.

And, thinking long tern, the TV deal runs out after the 19 season. The fanless nothing is delivering quality to ESPN? Right. ESPN is dying. They cannot afford to counterprogram every single slot anymore. Toss up some poker reruns or some rich liberals arguing about sports and let THE AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! die off.

Thank goodness our genius AD avoided that mistake.

"Did you watch the Memphis game?"
"Who?"
"Nevermind"
"Did you see the Dodgers crushed the Cubs?"
"No...wow"
"Whoa! Did you see that catch?!?! Oakland wins!"

Literally anything else but Memphis and Houston on TV last night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT